Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
GHS;232722 said:
Hehe... my $$$ is reserved for the M-Tech kit + Blacklines for the moment. For me, the ride is still ok on with the Eibach + stock shocks. So will probably only consider changing them after they are worn out.

are you running 19" ? care to show us your ride? still cant decide which 19" design is my favourite...

GHS;232723 said:
Hello KL2DC, I've had them for nearly 2 weeks now.

Give it 2-3 more weeks...honestly, mine performs/feels better after 2 months than the first 2 weeks, eventhough they say it only takes 1 week for the springs to settle. In low speed, I can honestly say the ride is plush over rough/broken pavement/surfaces.

Mine doesn't feel bouncy in high speeds save for the biggest dips.

I'm also waiting for these to wear out and then either full coilovers or add the FSDs.

Spaceman;232775 said:
are you running 19" ? care to show us your ride? still cant decide which 19" design is my favourite...

Nope I'm on the stock 17" for now as tyres are still very new. Will consider changing to 18" when the tyres wear out. But have been doing some window-shopping for 18" wheels recently. Any suggestions? Was thinking i might save some $$$ and go for replicas instead of the oris... what do you guys think?

Pics of my ride after Eibach Pro-Kits:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9073&page=34

I dunno, man! The ori BMW rims are pretty strong and even then can't handle Malaysian roads. I can't imagine how replica rims can be better. If the rims kong, it affects the drive too much for me to live it. Besides, some replicas can easily be detected.

replicas vs original rims

i'd recommend you to go for original rims. I've had a set of replicas ACS type 3 and the down sides are the car guzzles more (heavy rims) and it puts more strain to your steering rack.

Mods update:

Yesterday was my birthday...so I sorta splurged :106:

-19" BBS CHs (non M3 fitment) on their way (next week)
-OEM Strut Bar (next week as well)

Pics to follow...

My 197s are for sale, I need to recoup some cash :laugh: I hate these impulse buys *sigh*

Still deciding on the AC Schnitzer front lip though...thinking :39: I'm also on the list for color matched front kidney grilles (with black slats).

It never ends does it?! :eek:

Hey rookie, the picture kit is M-kit? No? Can't seem to find that kit... Enlighten me please?

KL2DC;233149 said:
Mods update:

Yesterday was my birthday...so I sorta splurged :106:

-19" BBS CHs (non M3 fitment) on their way (next week)
-OEM Strut Bar (next week as well)

Pics to follow...

My 197s are for sale, I need to recoup some cash :laugh: I hate these impulse buys *sigh*

Still deciding on the AC Schnitzer front lip though...thinking :39: I'm also on the list for color matched front kidney grilles (with black slats).

It never ends does it?! :eek:

Happy Birthday dude :birthday:

Nice choice on the rims....BTW you gonna use RFTs this round?

:laugh:

Thanks Rimsukan...

Ditching the RFTs. 19" RFTs are too expensive.

I bought some tire totes/covers, I'm gonna throw my spare 156 wheel/tire in the trunk. I still need to buy a jack set, someone told me the jack set from a Corolla is a perfect fit for the E90. The Conti Comfort Kit is on backorder and the M Mobility kit is too expensive.

KL2DC;233196 said:

Thanks Rimsukan...

I bought some tire totes/covers, I'm gonna throw my spare 156 wheel/tire in the trunk. I still need to buy a jack set, someone told me the jack set from a Corolla is a perfect fit for the E90. The Conti Comfort Kit is on backorder and the M Mobility kit is too expensive.

Can't wait for the pics though :top:

Anyone have any pics of E90 sports (preferablly TiAg) shod with 19" CHs..... For future reference of course in case I tire of my 193s..:65:

Guys,

Unconfirmed..but i heard that the E60 spacersaver spare can fit on our e90 :stupido2: anyone???

KL2DC;233196 said:

Thanks Rimsukan...

BBS CH looks good, but you need some spacers. what's the weight of thoes CH? are they lighter than stock wheels in 17"/18". i want to go 19", but worried the wheels is slowing down my car.

bmrocket,

Yup, an E90 owner in Pg has just gotten the E60 space saver as the spare wheel. Got it from AB at Rm 1000 which includes the jack and wrench too.

TomJB;233157 said:
Hey rookie, the picture kit is M-kit? No? Can't seem to find that kit... Enlighten me please?

Hi Tom, that's the picture of the E92 M3, and yes the M-Kit for E92 :top:

Spaceman;233275 said:
BBS CH looks good, but you need some spacers. what's the weight of thoes CH? are they lighter than stock wheels in 17"/18". i want to go 19", but worried the wheels is slowing down my car.

Yeah theCHs will be 19x8.5 ET35 front and 19x9.5 ET40 rear (non M3 fitment) Looks like I'll be retaining my 15mm rogue engineering spacers to nett a ET25 at the rear. Should be a good fit :top:

These pics are of the exact same setup (with 15mm spacers).
BBSCH2.jpg

BBSCH.jpg

They lack the cocavity of M3 fitment though (10 inch rear, ET20) but I didn't want to go with the effort of getting the rear fenders rolled. But I must admit, it looks absolutely delicious :eek:
dsc0021wx3.jpg

Weightwise, the CHs are cast not forged (like the LMs). But they're pretty light for a cast wheel (iirc one of the lightest brand name wheels in that price range), the 19x8.5 weighs in at about 11.7kg (the LMs weigh 11.1kg).

I am expecting performance to be neither worst nor better than my current 197/RFT setup. We'll see, but general rule of thumb, the decision to go to 19s is purely for cosmetics not performance.

KL2DC;233406 said:
I am expecting performance to be neither worst nor better than my current 197/RFT setup. We'll see, but general rule of thumb, the decision to go to 19s is purely for cosmetics not performance.

When wifey does her hair, nails, facial + shopping spree, she says its all for me !
When i spend on the car, i say its all for her !

Cosmetic enhancements are never for ourselves, are they>?

:)

cheers

Bimmer910;233518 said:
When wifey does her hair, nails, facial + shopping spree, she says its all for me !
When i spend on the car, i say its all for her !

Cosmetic enhancements are never for ourselves, are they>?

:)

cheers

Hear..Hear!!!
Words of wisdom if ever i heard any :top:

Top Bottom