Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KL2DC,

Congrats dude on hitting 11,000 posts :party:

4,000 posts in 10 weeks?? You rock dude :rock: :rock: :thrasher: :thrasher:

(Plus whatever more you posted here in BCM) :dancing2:

Just happened to surf there & saw thread title 7000 posts from KL2DC.....Man 1016 pages over a span of 2.5 months on that thread alone is awesome :eek:

Rimsukan;233616 said:
Just happened to surf there & saw thread title 7000 posts from KL2DC.....Man 1016 pages over a span of 2.5 months on that thread alone is awesome :eek:

:laugh: yep crazy thread, great guys...don't try to read it though, you'll go insane :stupid: :laugh:

Can't read em all so I'll just pose this question.....Are you No. 1 now as you were 3rd at the beginning of the thread?

Rimsukan :laugh:

ranking11kSmall.jpg

ok new mod on

OEM Strut Bar

Don't mind the dusty engine bay :laugh:

I just got this installed so I am still evaluating. My imagination tells me the car feels more stiff at the helm though :laugh:

DSC05839a.jpg

DSC05841a.jpg

I'm also trying these headlights overlays on....CF motif to match sparkling graphite. I'm still not 100% decided on these, just trying them out for fun.

Yeah I know...but you lucky people have euro lights as standard, we have to improvise a little if we're not willing to spend $1600 for lights :laugh:

DSC05673a.jpg

DSC05681a.jpg

Really very dusty engine!

Car looks superb with the headlights overlays. I never like the stock orange color. Now it look so much better.

Bimmer910;233518 said:
When wifey does her hair, nails, facial + shopping spree, she says its all for me !
When i spend on the car, i say its all for her !

Cosmetic enhancements are never for ourselves, are they>?

:)

cheers
KL2DC,

I got mine installed last month & the car feels more stiffer during high speed corners. My problem is that I not sure if my installer had put the right torque in the bolts. How important is the 52 and 38 N-m thinggy.

cheers......

David Yong;233828 said:
Really very dusty engine!

Car looks superb with the headlights overlays. I never like the stock orange color. Now it look so much better.

This is crazy...

This guy in e90post, baked the headlights, took it apart and overlayed the reflector bits in real carbon fiber. A lot of work and research but the results are stunning!! :eek:

I'm just happy with my cheap replica :laugh:

01.jpg

mr_B;233888 said:
KL2DC,

I got mine installed last month & the car feels more stiffer during high speed corners. My problem is that I not sure if my installer had put the right torque in the bolts. How important is the 52 and 38 N-m thinggy.

cheers......

To be honest, I didn't use exact torquing. It was dicey as those bolts are made of a funky alloy that is quite weak. I broke the shock mount bolt once and I had to replace the entire shock top hat assembly, a major pain as the shocks have to come out.

All I know is that they were hand torqued tight and feels quite solid/robust.

I think the torque suggestions are just a guideline so you don't break those weak bolts.

KL2DC;233890 said:
This is crazy...

This guy in e90post, baked the headlights, took it apart and overlayed the reflector bits in real carbon fiber. A lot of work and research but the results are stunning!! :eek:

I'm just happy with my cheap replica :laugh:

Looks gud KL2DC,
I really dont fancy the orange headlight trims..makes it look kinda cheap..
i'd keep em' on buddy :rock:

KL2DC,

Agree with everyone here, those CF on the lights does make it look better than with the orange thingy. Keep those CFs on.

BMrocket, each time I look at you car and those rims, gosh GARANGNYA! Beautiful modded E90 you got there man!

Ok E90 Crew....I'm feeling generous and playful.

Let's do something fun here.

I'm giving away a Bimmian dynamic carbon roundel overlay kit a USD30 value free to the first one who can correctly tell me the given name of my E90 and month/year of birth :D Shipping and handling included...because I love you all (no I'm not drunk :laugh:)

More info on the roundel kit http://www.bimmian.com/product.htm?veh=90&item=ROU&ref=1 - basically an applique to convert your roundels to CF look. I had bought it for my car as I was going for the complete grey tone look but changed my mind

btw thanks for all the feedback...the amber sucks but its a small setback for the low, low prices we pay :D

by the way my wheels are in...I will try to get it installed by tomorrow :rock:

KL2DC;234206 said:
btw thanks for all the feedback...the amber sucks but its a small setback for the low, low prices we pay :D

KL2DC, wanna trade head lamps ?

Its not that i find the ambers particularly attractive, its just that ide like my ride to be a little different from the rest :)

P.s. wont the strut bar sort of diminish the wonderful oversteer into corners ?

trade headlamps...hells yeah :rock:

If you're serious about it, I'll come down in October. I'll even pay the labor cost :laugh:

The strut bar won't effect handling as such. I think you might be thinking of the sway bars or anti-roll bar. There might be a modicum of understeer because the front structure is theoretically stiffer but nothing a human can detect I think. Its first and foremost engine jewelery and second, just to appease my mind when I drive my car over broken pavement *sigh*

Aside from that, I haven't pushed my car hard since. I've swapped out my 18s to my winter set 16s in anticipation of sale and of the 19s which are already here. Yes the car looks very dinky with the 156s :laugh:, I get no respect :D but the 19s will be on by this evening :rock:

Actually, I'm thinking of doing the H&R rear sway bar install soon.

Top Bottom