Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Well guys,
Just picked up n installed a set of ACS springs..
Havent had time to take any pics yet tho :)

bmrocket;230873 said:
Well guys,
Just picked up n installed a set of ACS springs..
Havent had time to take any pics yet tho :)

No problem. We will see it this Saturday :p

DaveY,
called your guy @ hokomoto, hes got the eibach springs, but no disc brakes :(

Simon from obermaier is selling the complete set from his 325 for 3k. Virtually brand new. Worth it ?

Is there a huge diff in the brakes for 320/325?

Bmrocket, congrats on the latest upgrade. Will see you tom.

Hokomoto dun sell disc brakes.

I think Simon's price is ok. I would suggest that you give a call to Bavarian Auto Parts to find out the price for 320i disc brakes.

Talk more tomorrow :)

Are you guys sure about the uneven ride heights with eibach pro-kit?

I have this set up and I do not share your observations and I look at my car a lot lol

Hey guys.... I have installed the D1S bulbs of 8,000K (as shown to some of you guys in today's meet up). I got it from a friend of mine at RM 800.00.

According to my friend, he got it from a contract manufacturer for brand like PIAA, Osram, etc. Therefore these bulbs my friend got from this manufacturer are without brand on it but is offering one year warranty.

I have checked few places and all of them are selling it at RM 1,600.00 to RM 1,800.00. So if any of you guys are interested to get at RM 800.00, let me know :) Maybe can get discount if group buy.

Spaceman;231592 said:
David,
could you check the Osram/ Phillips H11 6000K HID bulbs for me? thanks

Our E90 uses D1S bulbs. The one I got for my own car is D1S 8,000K. The rest I am not sure but what I know is that D1S bulbs are very expensive ranging from RM 1,600 to RM 1,800. I have checked with few shops before and finally got it at RM 800 from my friend.

let's see some pics David...how blue is it? Any problems with illumination/night time driving?

Gentlemen,

Further to our meet-up on saturday, I noticed a bunch of you had gotten your rides tinted. Thats going to be my next mod right after my brakes...(yes its minor, but im suffering from heat rash)

There are heaps to choose from --->Eco-tint, V-Kool, Rike Cool,Solar Guard....
Are there any major differences in the product or does it all come down to the cost ?

Thanks.

Have tried a few in the past, even Kristal Bond (liquid type, no film). Thus far I still find VKool works the best. But recently I noticed that the VKool Elite film has a slight unevenness t the film making the front screen slightly blured at certain spots. Didn't have time to go get it rectified (done once already). But when it comes to hear rejection, VKool still rules.

When I bought my car, I persuaded the dealer to bundle in V-Kool for me. Really makes a difference with the tinted windows, especially when parked for long periods under the sun.

To me, tinting is a necessity, not a luxury... :)

I've had VKool on my previous cars which was ok..
However with my e90 i went with HuberOptic window film..
No complaints n cheaper then VKool.......

bmrocket;232064 said:
I've had VKool on my previous cars which was ok..
However with my e90 i went with HuberOptic window film..
No complaints n cheaper then VKool.......

Hey BMR,
Whats the difference between Vkool and HuberOptic ? Roughly what did you end up paying (so i dont get stiffed)....

CobraKai, you tinted the back windows darker than the front. Whats the percentage like ?

Thanks

Bimmer910;232086 said:
CobraKai, you tinted the back windows darker than the front. Whats the percentage like ?
Thanks

I got VKool as well - no complaints so far and definitely keeps the car cool. I've got VKool Elite on the front (70% & JPJ compliant) and VKool 40 on the back and sides (43% & not quite JPJ compliant :wink: ). The 40 is a bit more expensive, but looks good on dark cars. The Elite might be ok for yours all round...

I agree with bmrocket that tinting is a necessity, not a luxury. The difference is startling when I drive a non-tinted car and have to squeant my eyes in broad daylight!

Guys,

If I am not mistaken, VKool is metalic based, while HO is ceramic. In terms of heat rejection, I find VKool still better. (I did HO in my previous ride abt 6 years ago) HO may have newer tech now, but when I was using it I cld not std it esp at night. The light refraction was bad for me. I kept seeing starburst effect from street lights and on coming cars.

danc;232125 said:
Guys,

If I am not mistaken, VKool is metalic based, while HO is ceramic. In terms of heat rejection, I find VKool still better. (I did HO in my previous ride abt 6 years ago) HO may have newer tech now, but when I was using it I cld not std it esp at night. The light refraction was bad for me. I kept seeing starburst effect from street lights and on coming cars.

Danc, thanks for the insight. My eyesight is bad enough w/out obsturctions :p so i guess Vkool it is.

CK, 43% (front) is illegal but 70% (rear) isn't ?

What should i expect to pay for the V-kool ? I suppose it wont vary too much from shop 2 shop, but just in case...

:puke: Found this icon to be most suitable when it comes to describing the sick nature of Meinauto & simons Cars !

Cheers

Top Bottom