Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
GHS;230016 said:
limste;230010 said:
Yup you are rite limste, i juz confirmed with my mechanic. 320 and 325 springs are definitely different specs. But the drop height should be the same according to him...

Regarding the difference in drop height, he says it's most probably caused by the difference in wheel sizes.

I have another theory for the difference in ride height.

My tyre size:
Front: 225/45 R17
Rear: 225/45 R17

I assume Dave's tyres are the following size:
Front: 225/40 R18
Rear: 255/35 R18

Comparing the tyre diameters of mine and Dave's, notice that Dave's tyre diameters are about 0.1 inch more than mine (25.0" vs 24.9"), therefore contributing to the difference in height.

What do u guys think? Just my RM0.02...

1)what is the max size of wheels can fit on e90? 20''?

2)JDL77- isit sport package?

3) is sport pack springs low enough(no need prokit)?

beemers3;230103 said:
hi guys I saw this pic in the e90post.com... just wondering what kit is this... as i see it look like there is a add on lip on the M tec kit

Wah looks pretty good, same look at the BMW Works WTCC car bumper...

Thanks bimmer910 n GHS,

So there's no need to do both at once rite?
I'll start asking around for pricing..

Cheers guys

yo all...
i got this offer while i was searching for Mtech spoiler in s'pore. This co. in s'pore (Autovox) offered the following:

Breyton boot spoiler = S$490
Breyton suspension (4 Bilstein abs+springs with 30mm drop) = S$1500
Race GT Breyton rim 19" = S$820/pc

anyway, wasn't interested in Breyton, so didnt ask much abt the package etc..but if any of you guys are; u can contact Annis directly at
annis.abd@autovox.net

cheers !!

Sifu's,

I got a lead on a set of ACS springs..
Anyone can offer any words of advise on these? :confused:

guru;230223 said:

Guru,
Was looking at ACS website and they quoted the following sizes for their type IV racing wheels:-

(F) 9.0Jx20" offset 35 - 245/30/20
(R) 9.0Jx20" offset 22 - 245/30/20

OR

(F) 9.0Jx20" offset 35 - 245/30/20
(R) 10.0Jx20" offset 33 - 285/25/20

Cheers

Finally got rid of the 16" rims on my ride and picked up the original 17's that came with JPBs 323ci. Upgrade from 205/55/16 conti to 225/45/17 conti RFTs. Can really feel the the pot-holes on the way to work in P.Klang with the lower profile tyres :(

On another note, thank you to JPB and meinauto. Your rims are officially pimped :)

E46F & DaveY, thanks for the advice.

Meinautos M-tuned suspension is still available. Cant be used on my 320 because of engine weight difference so all you 325ers, take note!

Pics posted - Before/after on my 320 & simon from obermaiers kick ass 325 with huge rims and disc brakes (355mm) as well as M-tech kit+spacers.

Next changes 1. Tint (its bloody warm these days)
2. Eibach pro-kit

Cheers !

Bimmer910;230465 said:
Finally got rid of the 16" rims on my ride and picked up the original 17's that came with JPBs 323ci. Upgrade from 205/55/16 conti to 225/45/17 conti RFTs. Can really feel the the pot-holes on the way to work in P.Klang with the lower profile tyres :(

The car looks a lot better with the 17's. Seems all ready for a bodykit as well :p

E46Fanatic;230474 said:
The car looks a lot better with the 17's. Seems all ready for a bodykit as well :p

Dang! I agree the car looks so much better now, I wished you did it sooner! I'm not sure if this has to do with how ugly your ex-16" was or the type 185s do look much nicer! Sadly, you didn't take any picture of meinauto's E92 335i after its transformation. I'm sure that would have aroused a lot of interest!! Can't wait for you to get your suspension pimped up, any chance by the time we meet this Saturday?

Juan Powerblow;230483 said:
Dang! I agree the car looks so much better now, I wished you did it sooner! I'm not sure if this has to do with how ugly your ex-16" was or the type 185s do look much nicer! Sadly, you didn't take any picture of meinauto's E92 335i after its transformation. I'm sure that would have aroused a lot of interest!! Can't wait for you to get your suspension pimped up, any chance by the time we meet this Saturday?

JPB, agreed. I think the 16's were ugly. Your 17's refreshed the car. I cant tell you how glad i am. Sadly, Meinauto ride wasnt @ obermaier this morning or i would have snapped em. Eibachs & tint will have to wait till i have time. My disc brakes are in more urgent need.

Hope you guys enjoyed simons car. I couldnt stop throwing up after looking at it. Both hideous & beautiful, ike some beast making a kill. Even while parked, it seemed to be in action. *Sigh*

E46F, i still think the M-tech on the 320i would seem poseurish. 0-100 in 12seconds with an M-tech kit would be embarassing :p

Cheers

GHS;230016 said:
I assume Dave's tyres are the following size:
Front: 225/40 R18
Rear: 255/35 R18

Mine is an all round setup 235/40/18. Not doing staggered setup as I prefer to rotate tyres every 10,000 km.

I think the wheel size do contributes to the drop level. Different springs for 4 potters and 6 potters. Generally, the Eibach Prokit drop for front is 30mm and for rear is 25mm.

guru;230223 said:

2)JDL77- isit sport package?

3) is sport pack springs low enough(no need prokit)?

The max wheel size is 20".

JDL77 is a standard E90 325i.

Stock M-sport springs drop is about front 20mm & rear 15mm, wherelse eibach prokit is front 30mm & rear 25mm. It's all depends on individual preference.

It's Eibach + Koni FSD

FSD (Frequency Selective Dampers), this is different abs from standard or sport Koni abs.

I have friends who paired Eibach ProKit with Koni FSD abs...... their comment is "wonderful". I'll do that when my stock abs worn out.

sorry guys,
But since my ride no longer has an AB warranty (what with the mileage being over 87000kms and all), where would you recommend doing a simple change for the front disc brakes ?

Autotechnika in ss2 PJ were asking for 300, but they dont have any in stock, not were they very clear. Please coment. Brakes are imprtant no :) wouldnt want to end up in the sea when going to work @ the port.

Thanks.

:cool:
Bimmer910;230465 said:

On another note, thank you to JPB and meinauto. Your rims are officially pimped :)

E46F & DaveY, thanks for the advice.

Meinautos M-tuned suspension is still available. Cant be used on my 320 because of engine weight difference so all you 325ers, take note!

Pics posted - Before/after on my 320 & simon from obermaiers kick ass 325 with huge rims and disc brakes (355mm) as well as M-tech kit+spacers.

Next changes 1. Tint (its bloody warm these days)
2. Eibach pro-kit

Cheers !

Now your car looks so much nicer with new shoes

I might have small issue with the Eibach Pro-Kits.

Had them installed for 3 days already. Now I notice that on the driver's side, the gap between the fender and tyre is exactly 2 fingers, front and rear. But on the other side, the gap is 2 fingers and slightly more, front and rear! Car was on a level surface when I measured it. I didn't do an exact measurement in mm's using a tape though. Had already done the alignment + balancing immediately after changing the Eibachs.

I checked with the guy who installed the Eibachs, he says he needs to check with the supplier and some of his counterparts in KL to see if they have encountered such issues before.

He did have 1 theory (actually I feel silly for even typing it out): For // M cars, the spring height on the driver's side is slightly higher to compensate for the assumption that most of the time, only the driver is in the car. Euro cars are left-hand drive, so the Eibachs might have been designed for Euro cars with that assumption in mind, therefore contributing to the difference in height (except in M'sia the driver/passenger seats are reversed)?

How valid is the theory above? AFAIK, the springs are only differentiated by front and rear, but not left and right? Honestly, I think it's juz a load of bull...

And do you guys have similar issues on the difference in ride height?

GHS,

I notice a slight difference in terms of the gap even on my stock std car between left and right as well esp at the front.

Yea stock as well. Driver side is about half finger lower than passenger side. Happens on all cars, if you are usually the only passenger behind the wheel during drive time. Try having a friend of the same weight sit on the front passenger seat, and once parked, and he comes out, the car should be almost level on both sides. Over high mileage, the front driver shock is usually the first to feel "tired" and looses the bound-rebound specs soonest.

Top Bottom