Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rookie;229959 said:
bmrocket, your ride looks damn garang with those wicked rims. With all the mods you have planned, are you sure you bought the car for the wife or yourself? ;)

Rookie,
Of course i bought it for my wife...n i'm sticking to that story! :D

E46Fanatic;229880 said:
I won't mind picking up a set of mildly used ones like what JPB did matched with a mildly used M sport suspension kit. Anyone got lubang to get em?

Think Obermaier has another set of low mileage M-sport suspension kit for sale...but that was quite a while back...you might want to check with Simon. I think there should also be a few sets of the M-wheels currently used for the 325 Sports

meinauto;229978 said:
Think Obermaier has another set of low mileage M-sport suspension kit for sale...but that was quite a while back...you might want to check with Simon. I think there should also be a few sets of the M-wheels currently used for the 325 Sports

Thanks for the tip bro. Ya JPB took me there to see him last week. There is a set of nice E92 335i wheel + tyres (like the one which came with your car) there in his shop, but the owner just left it there for storage, and doesn't want to sell it.... Such a pity.

GHS, the Eibach drop does look good... Any comments on the ride quality and handling after the drop?

All these mod talks really making me mouth-watering, but I have to resist > I have been WARNED!:(

bmFIVE;229997 said:
All these mod talks really making me mouth-watering, but I have to resist > I have been WARNED!:(

Yeah... see it with your own eyes during our meet on 14th Jul :cool:

bmFIVE;229997 said:

He he, sounds familiar. Me and u in the same shoes.... Surprisingly, the wifey was OK with the bodykit....

Give it some time and then pop the question ... wah.. the M Kit very nice when you see a E90 325i sports pass-by. See if she agrees.. and then take it from there... "You know, the BMW club has this deal going..."

Yeah i notice that the drop is not as much as dave's, wonder if it's the "illusion" created by the difference in wheel size? Mine is the stock 17", dave's is the 18" i assume?

David Yong;229960 said:
GHS, nice choice on the Eibach Prokit. Mine is with Eibach Prokit too but I notice that your drop is not that much as compared to mine. Have a look at mine:

Hi GHS,

Please take note that Eibach have two specs of springs, one for 325 and one for 320.... Please double check with the mechanics......

So far haven't had a chance to go for a long drive yet. Will have a chance this weekend, providing a field report after that...

But driving around town yesterday, I must say that there was virtually no difference in ride quality compared with stock.

limste;230010 said:
David Yong;229960 said:
GHS, nice choice on the Eibach Prokit. Mine is with Eibach Prokit too but I notice that your drop is not that much as compared to mine. Have a look at mine:

Hi GHS,

Please take note that Eibach have two specs of springs, one for 325 and one for 320.... Please double check with the mechanics......

Yup you are rite limste, i juz confirmed with my mechanic. 320 and 325 springs are definitely different specs. But the drop height should be the same according to him...

Regarding the difference in drop height, he says it's most probably caused by the difference in wheel sizes.

rookie;229959 said:
GHS, the drop with the Eibach Prokit looks good. How's the ride now and how much is the drop? I am sure it will look even better with 19" rims :D

Just for a feel of the drop:
BEFORE: the gap between the fenders and the tyre is 4 fingers.
AFTER: the gap between the fenders and the tyre is now just slightly over 2 fingers.

Hehe... the tyres are still so new, probably will consider 18" wheels during the next tyre change.

GHS;230016 said:
limste;230010 said:
Yup you are rite limste, i juz confirmed with my mechanic. 320 and 325 springs are definitely different specs. But the drop height should be the same according to him...

Regarding the difference in drop height, he says it's most probably caused by the difference in wheel sizes.

emmmm.... Let me check with my friend who just changed to Eibach spring with 320 spec, and with stock rim.... will come back to you later.....

Sifu's,

What kind of money are we talking abt for the lowering bit and what options do i have on my 325i?

Appreciate any feed back...

hi guys I saw this pic in the e90post.com... just wondering what kit is this... as i see it look like there is a add on lip on the M tec kit

GHS;230020 said:
Just for a feel of the drop:
BEFORE: the gap between the fenders and the tyre is 4 fingers.
AFTER: the gap between the fenders and the tyre is now just slightly over 2 fingers.

Hehe... the tyres are still so new, probably will consider 18" wheels during the next tyre change.

Hi GHS,

Just checked with my friend on his 320SE with the eibach spring..... his is about 2 figers but very tight..... and fyi, his tyres are about >20K kms old......

bmrocket;230093 said:
Sifu's,

What kind of money are we talking abt for the lowering bit and what options do i have on my 325i?

BMR,
The Eibach pro-kit lowers the car up front by 25mm and rear 30mm. This kit costs about RM1200 installed (as checked at Autotechnika ss2 PJ)

Then for the Koni Shocks, there are 2 types. Standard, which they quoted RM 1400 and sports which was RM1900.

But from what i gather, the springs are the ones you should change first. Wait till your current shocks give way, then look at the Konis.

Evidently the Eibach+Koni set-up offers the best ride quality.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

GHS;230008 said:
Yeah i notice that the drop is not as much as dave's, wonder if it's the "illusion" created by the difference in wheel size? Mine is the stock 17", dave's is the 18" i assume?

Doesnt it take a bit of time for the springs to sit properly on the ride ? Ie. They'll compress properly after a few days driving...

bmrocket;230093 said:
Sifu's,

I got my Eibach Pro-Kit springs for RM1300 incl installation in Melaka. Yes an extra RM100, but if I were to go up to KL/PJ ,the petrol and toll would add up to around the same amount. Plus it's easier for me to have a local point of contact, build a relationship with the vendor for future purchases ;)

For suspension, usually the common wisdom is Eibach + Koni. Not sure bout the price, but it's definitely less than RM2k for Koni. My mechanic did suggest to consider the Bilstein shocks too.

Cheers.

Top Bottom