Touch n Go Dummy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cwk_ipoh

Club Guest
I came across a very comical incident this morning at the toll booth this morning. I arrived at the Metramac toll this morning from Ipoh n was in the queue behind a Proton Satria through the Touch N go lane. This guy, I believe is a foreigner, is so good with his reading, literally unwind his window and use his his finger to touch the sensor controller on the toll booth.At first I thought what the hell he was up to as the cars behind were already queueing up n then suddenly getting mad for the hold up, I waved at him with my card n signal him as to whether he has a card. He looked dumb n I started to reverse which he followed n on exiting he sort of asked how? I was really laughing to myself mad after that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Actually, there isn't any signs at the Touch and go lanes that tell you what to do. Would be good if there are some pictures to show what to do similarly to the train stations on how to use their tickets. If i were in a foreign country, i'll hope they have signs too.

haha that's classic joke man :D
reminds me of Lat's cartoon where a guy touching TnG sensor too
happened to me at Rm1 toll heading to TTDI, that poor guy with his awek beside him confidently holding out Rm1 note at TnG booth.
I was behind him dunno either to get angry or sad for that sorry ass.

Instructions? Graphics? The signage specifically/literally says 'touch and go'...what's a poor and uninitiated tourist to do.... :D

I saw another funny incident. Imagine a left hand drive car on a touch a go lane...with a single driver. That was funny.

azwanb said:
I saw another funny incident. Imagine a left hand drive car on a touch a go lane...with a single driver. That was funny.

Most LHD drivers know to use one of those toy plastic robot arms or a pole at the very least...not the most elegant, but it works. I've seen/know folks who drive LHD cars in Malaysia and have driven 1 around before.

Me too hv my own story about this touch N go. About early this year at one midnight with the full confident I drove in with quite a speed to this smart tag lane with my device already on the panel infront but suddenly there were no bip sound and the bar just unreact. Think that something wrong with my device, i waited the duty guy to come and then hold my smart tag device while show to him and saying " Not detact", and this guy with a cool action, take the smart tag device and brought it to the sensor while saying " Of course not detact, this lane is touch N go.."...Kuang kuang kuang....I just pass like that with the big laugh to myself after that...

matsui55 said:
Me too hv my own story about this touch N go. About early this year at one midnight with the full confident I drove in with quite a speed to this smart tag lane with my device already on the panel infront but suddenly there were no bip sound and the bar just unreact. Think that something wrong with my device, i waited the duty guy to come and then hold my smart tag device while show to him and saying " Not detact", and this guy with a cool action, take the smart tag device and brought it to the sensor while saying " Of course not detact, this lane is touch N go.."...Kuang kuang kuang....I just pass like that with the big laugh to myself after that...

Guess you would have felt pretty d**b-founded at that point in time.... me kena a few times too and it was really, really d**bass of me.... Instead of pointing the black part facing up, I pointed the card side facing up. Needless to say, the gate did not open and the siren went eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.

Ok, as much as possible, I would try not to follow a Benzi.... why? Call it my luck, but 1 out 3 times, they would have problems with their Smart-Tag. Tak top-up konon.

hey i got one too- i hope this guy is not in the forum, coz it invooles a new 5 series in bronze color..

i was coming up to the smart tag toll booth in kesas (1-1/2 years ago), i slowed down as looked into the rearview mirrior (like i always do).. i could see a new 5 series potong here and there to get up behind me(i presume he was in a hurry).. ppl were honking him annoyed of his careless attitude..

the funny part- i had v-kool on my front windscreen installed and this meant the smart tag sometimes could not transmit the signal.. so i got stuck there coz the gate wouldn't open.. this guy in the spanking new beamer was right up my tail and was close enough to trigger the gate with HIS smart tag.., ahora!! the gate opened and naturally i drove off!!.. looking into my rearview mirror as i sped off (like i always do), i saw the gate come down on the 5 , right smack on the windscreen.. the tiang broke!!! hahahahahaha!!!

i TEKAN and CHIAO pronto!! i was scared this fella would chase me down and do a drive-by...

moral of the story- dont potong like at the toll booth and lansi with your new beamer.. GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!

SUN TZU said ' if you wait by the river long (patient) enough, you will eventually see the bodies of your enemies float by..

ART OF WAR

guru said:
this guy in the spanking new beamer was right up my tail and was close enough to trigger the gate with HIS smart tag.., ahora!! the gate opened and naturally i drove off

ART OF WAR

dude i heard this on the radio, not about that guy lar but how to cheat on smart tag lane. So it is true lah if u let behind car cucuk u close enuff u can get away FOC haha :D

guru said:
hey i got one too- i hope this guy is not in the forum, coz it invooles a new 5 series in bronze color..

i was coming up to the smart tag toll booth in kesas (1-1/2 years ago), i slowed down as looked into the rearview mirrior (like i always do).. i could see a new 5 series potong here and there to get up behind me(i presume he was in a hurry).. ppl were honking him annoyed of his careless attitude..

the funny part- i had v-kool on my front windscreen installed and this meant the smart tag sometimes could not transmit the signal.. so i got stuck there coz the gate wouldn't open.. this guy in the spanking new beamer was right up my tail and was close enough to trigger the gate with HIS smart tag.., ahora!! the gate opened and naturally i drove off!!.. looking into my rearview mirror as i sped off (like i always do), i saw the gate come down on the 5 , right smack on the windscreen.. the tiang broke!!! hahahahahaha!!!

i TEKAN and CHIAO pronto!! i was scared this fella would chase me down and do a drive-by...

moral of the story- dont potong like at the toll booth and lansi with your new beamer.. GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!

SUN TZU said ' if you wait by the river long (patient) enough, you will eventually see the bodies of your enemies float by..

ART OF WAR

The same happened to me once.... the car at the back of me opened the gate for me. Ha ha. Needless to say, I cabuted pronto.:D :D Also, I try not to follow the guy in front too closely. I normally make sure they pass the gate before I go through the sensors.

MRsamdol said:
^^Then how you get out of the highway then??

That was on KESAS, open toll system. On a closed toll system, dunno what happens if you have recorded "IN' but no "OUT"....:confused: But I oso kena once.... no "IN" but got "OUT" and kena max charge, around RM45. Written for refund becos their system screwed up. They say process time takes a month....:mad:

funny right? that fella dai sei in his new car..(dam lansi the way he drove).. i;m sur the ppl he potong oso laughing.. kiasu kena from god..

Serves him bloody right!
Anyway it should be renamed Stupid TAG.
The ammount of read errors that occur!

There was this one time, a friend of mine was driving me home from somewhere, and when we were passing through the toll gate, he confidently grabbed a card and started scanning. It didn't wanna open. He started screaming and shouting until the guy came and checked the card. It was his secure parking card! He was so embarrassed his face turned red instantly. We couldn't stop laughing for a good 20 mins I think. That was classic lah.

I use a smart tag. I call it, "The Winner's Solution". :p

Top Bottom