Hissing windscreen

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro... AmoiSky has your items. She's waiting for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

....biasa kena ini problem. Kedai cermin letak air sabun di tepi pintu dan windscreen rubber seal then blow air from inside car at all corners using air jet.
The culprit is rubber seal at the driver's door not properly attached. Windscreen remains intact though rubber seal and plastic cover at the bottom broken.

antiquer,

the hissing sound is for sure from the rubber seals around ur windscreen. to know where exactly the sound is from, do the below:

1. tape with masking tape all around your windscreen covering all the rubber seals. go for a drive. you will realise the sound is gone.
2. remove the tape bit by bit probably 1ft or so each time. and everytime you remove a little.. go for a drive untill you hear the sound again. then you can pin point where the sound is from. I have done that for all of my 32, 38, 39ss(x2).
in anyway, you might need to change the rubber strips.

very simple and yet clever way of troubleshooting !!!

alantiong;842020 said:
antiquer,

the hissing sound is for sure from the rubber seals around ur windscreen. to know where exactly the sound is from, do the below:

1. tape with masking tape all around your windscreen covering all the rubber seals. go for a drive. you will realise the sound is gone.
2. remove the tape bit by bit probably 1ft or so each time. and everytime you remove a little.. go for a drive untill you hear the sound again. then you can pin point where the sound is from. I have done that for all of my 32, 38, 39ss(x2).
in anyway, you might need to change the rubber strips.

Top Bottom