TO BUY 2005 BMW 730i OR STAY AWAY?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
MyJuliet;663061 said:
Haha, E66 nicer. Looks awesome, especially when slapped with whopping 20'' inch wheels

Please introduce yourself in the Newbie's section..if you are not sure how, there's a template in the stickies..

Cheers :)

EL118;654866 said:
So v_ice, what is your decision?

Got delayed. The owner suddenly got reprieved and want to keep his car!:14:

I am still looking in the star papers but most of the advertised 2005-6 model are infact registered 05 not manufacture date :72:

EL118;641082 said:
Just one reminder, be prepared to travel a bit further to locate a suitable parking. sometimes just afraid some joker open their door too hard and hit on your lovely car, which is a damp big beast. you simply cant' repeat what you used to squeeze at every available slots you could find.

some people may advise to get a driver, but to me no way. I enjoy driving it every moment!

Also remember to be very very careful about car park. Not all car park can masuk. Scratched mine in Pantai Hospital. Be very wary about this..

Traxport;674576 said:
Also remember to be very very careful about car park. Not all car park can masuk. Scratched mine in Pantai Hospital. Be very wary about this..

that is right, getting a bit tension everytime i park. have to estimate whether the neighbouring car can hit u when they open their door.

same goes for me... I will either park at the furthest away from the exit.... less car
or park next to disable lot , usually bigger space in between cars

also, please park at well lit area.

ck

ck318ci;674640 said:
same goes for me... I will either park at the furthest away from the exit.... less car
or park next to disable lot , usually bigger space in between cars

also, please park at well lit area.

ck

New car sure more tension..

hahaha... no bro,

I have always been like this ever since my First car... Satria GTI...

Fantastic little power rocket at age 17!

buy buy buy bro! I always loved 7 series for that smart and handsome look! ;)

This morning, while I waited for my teh tarik, I witness a school boy opening his mother's Toyota Rush slowly then bending to get something on the seat and push the door slightly but the door sprung opened wide hitting a BMW 5 series. I could hear the hitting noise about more than 100ft away. They drove off just like that!:106:

Sheesh, kids nowadays... They don't give two hoots about what's beside them... :(

v_ice;678662 said:
This morning, while I waited for my teh tarik, I witness a school boy opening his mother's Toyota Rush slowly then bending to get something on the seat and push the door slightly but the door sprung opened wide hitting a BMW 5 series. I could hear the hitting noise about more than 100ft away. They drove off just like that!:106:

OUCH!!!!

This is why I always check and double check.
And try to park the car under my surveillence.... being a bit too paranoid

I need comments about 730i selling at AmirV near One Utama.

The friendly man Ah K said the owner is a member forumer on bmwclubm'sia.com.

This car is dark blue 06 model.

Standard tires and no modification so not lowered at all meaning no heart attacks at large speeding bump.

Cabin looks well used and smoked.

Mileage is less than 60,000 miles.

The car is there because the owner upgraded to Porche Cayenne also bought from the same place.

Ah K advised me to try other alternatives like Mercedes CLS, E CGI and Audi. I declined as they were apparently more expensive with atrocious annual roadtax for a guy earning normal salary like me.
His reasoning is the owner replaced a lot of the electronics amounting to more than 30k maybe more as it is embarrassing. It could haunt me later.

I drove the 730i with my elderly parents and they liked it.

But later, Ah K ask my parents to try the 3.5 Vellfire Toyota parked next to it. We tried and they became liked WAH! I told my parents it is 60 or 70,000 more beyond my budget.
The range I am looking is around RM150,000-180,000max.

But Roadtax wise, the Vellfire 3.5 is so much cheaper than 3.5 car engine!

Which look a better deal in 5 years?

Resale / engine cost maintenance?

I suppose the 7 will continue to depreciate even more in the coming years. Good for those looking at cars on the used market, bad for the ones who are currently using it and losing money on the depreciation. But which would you prefer? Stronger residuals and resale value with Japanese cars will undoubtedly give, or the chance to drive one of the nicest 7s ever built?

Top Bottom