TO BUY 2005 BMW 730i OR STAY AWAY?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

v_ice

Club Guest
My dad want to get a 730 or 735 car. Is it a good idea in terms of maintenance costs and reliability? A few people have mentioned it as unreliable and terror in repair bills.:love::banghead: Anyone here who has one to tell their personal experiences?

Bro,

Im thinking of buying one as well. After inquiring, it all depends on the individual, i feel that the 730 is a better choice, simply for maintenance purposes

Haha, E66 nicer. Looks awesome, especially when slapped with whopping 20'' inch wheels. :love:

Eggie86;639784 said:
Haha, E66 nicer. Looks awesome, especially when slapped with whopping 20'' inch wheels. :love:

Wahlaueh...racun parakuat there...hehe

Once you tried E66, you would know what is ultimate comfort in driving!!! Mine just 1 mth so couldn't advise on maintenance cost. but one thing for sure is the Air matic suspension is very very comfortable, but costly to replace if you damaged them when run over potholes. (I heard need to prepare 8-10k for both side).

I am also in the same position/ dilemma. I do find the E65/66 an asthonishing machine.
Now that the price for used one is so much more affordable, I am thinking of trading my E60 for one of this beast!

I prefer the Li version as more toys behind.

How does it drive/ behave compare to SWB ? any input?

ck318ci;640565 said:
I am also in the same position/ dilemma. I do find the E65/66 an asthonishing machine.
Now that the price for used one is so much more affordable, I am thinking of trading my E60 for one of this beast!

I prefer the Li version as more toys behind.

How does it drive/ behave compare to SWB ? any input?

if u want to get 7 series, preferably get the LWB one. That is for comfort + luxury. SWB would not be very much bigger than your current E60.

Yeah, get the LWB although the handling might be better with the SWB. Agreed with more toys behind too :)

What i heard about the suspension is hardly give away, it'll last u longer than the S-Class. My boss E66 so far didn't give much problem after a year of ownership, except initial expenses when we just bought it, but the mileage is just clocked 40k km..

But the air suspension is abit hard, but handles well at the corner with no body roll :D

v_ice;639599 said:
My dad want to get a 730 or 735 car. Is it a good idea in terms of maintenance costs and reliability? A few people have mentioned it as unreliable and terror in repair bills.:love::banghead:

Anyone here who has one to tell their personal experiences?

How much you are quoted for 2005 E66? is it the facelift model? try to get facelift model as most initial problems (if any) would normally be addressed after facelift. so less problem in maintenance. (and looks better too)

yeah.. the LI version is difinitely the way to go. Though I will never gonna be sitting at the back and enjoys it ( except after a long day washing the car, is nice to wind down at the rear seats and reflects! hahah)

Will try to look for one and test drive before dare to comment anything here

Otherwise, the old E60 is doing darn well.. but the toys and the 7 series image is far more attracting! hahaha

Just one reminder, be prepared to travel a bit further to locate a suitable parking. sometimes just afraid some joker open their door too hard and hit on your lovely car, which is a damp big beast. you simply cant' repeat what you used to squeeze at every available slots you could find.

some people may advise to get a driver, but to me no way. I enjoy driving it every moment!

Asking rm150k. The owner is in debt with his business. Btw it is not looking close like :42:Mr Kadir_Rashid pictured car!

EL118, you owned one now?

v_ice;650475 said:
Asking rm150k. The owner is in debt with his business. Btw it is not looking close like :42:Mr Kadir_Rashid pictured car!

EL118, you owned one now?

Thank you bro,

If you need any advise, feel free to contact me...

A lot of it is probably due to lack of knowledge, or misinformation by those not privy enough to own the model themselves.

Why not drop by for TT, even the PJ/Subang TT, and have a chat with some of us, who have owned these 2000 and newer models. In fact, many of the 7s owners may have owned the E38 + E65/66 before, and of course, these gentlemen are the best source to ask regarding maintenance costs for these cars.

Ask and you shall reap rewards bro.

I have learnt a lot too on ownership of the newer BMW cars. Like what our secretary, Yazmeen told me over TT last night, the yearly maintenance of his 2001 E38 728i is surprisingly quite manageable. Of course, that figure excludes all those racun and upgrades. :biggrin:

Do join us for the weekly TTs, and believe me, all your queries will be answered by our smart Otais. :top:

Top Bottom