Time for servicing again?!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

atty

Club Guest
I bought my E90 LCI from AB Glenmarie in Dec-09. I dont use the car much so only fulfill my first service at 10k km in Nov-10. Had it done at AB Glenmarie and like anyone would agree, their service sucks big time! Today in May-11, i am running close to 15k km and the computer is asking me to go in for next service already at 15k km?! I don't get stuck in traffic jams or iddle the car much, so why only 5k km this time??! I was told in the past that BMW do not need to go in for service very often, like every 20k km or so. It's only about 6 mths since my first service. Ok, now that i have to go in for service soon, which service centre should i try? Ingress Auto good or not? Don't want to be treated like sampah at AB Glenmarie again. I have a sports model so my tyres are staggered (i think this is the term used for front/back tyres different sizes?). My question are:- Should i rotate them left to right vice versa both for front and back? I have not touched the tyres, not even putting in air since day one!- Where should i get this done? I heard the service centres charge exorbitantly.- If i get it done outside, will it void the warranty? My car is only 18mths old. Thank you.

Welcome

atty;633662 said:
I bought my E90 LCI from AB Glenmarie in Dec-09.
I dont use the car much so only fulfill my first service at 10k km in Nov-10. Had it done at AB Glenmarie and like anyone would agree, their service sucks big time!

Today in May-11, i am running close to 15k km and the computer is asking me to go in for next service already at 15k km?! I don't get stuck in traffic jams or iddle the car much, so why only 5k km this time??! I was told in the past that BMW do not need to go in for service very often, like every 20k km or so. It's only about 6 mths since my first service.

Ok, now that i have to go in for service soon, which service centre should i try? Ingress Auto good or not? Don't want to be treated like sampah at AB Glenmarie again.

I have a sports model so my tyres are staggered (i think this is the term used for front/back tyres different sizes?). My question are:
- Should i rotate them left to right vice versa both for front and back? I have not touched the tyres, not even putting in air since day one!
- Where should i get this done? I heard the service centres charge exorbitantly.
- If i get it done outside, will it void the warranty? My car is only 18mths old.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. Since we sama kaki... i assist you to answer some of your questions :top:

SC to recommend... perhaps some of the sifu can recommend. But since your ride.. still new.. I would assume it is still under BSRI. From my experience... both Quill and Ingress Auto... please give IA a try. My experience... i contributed already to some other people's thread on BSRI topic :listen:... Overall I felt IA is pretty good.

In regards to your tyres question... since ours tyres are based on runflat technology... i realised we hardly need to pump in air as compared to normal tyres. Just my observation. To get your staggered tyres rotated, head to MPS Auto @ Sunway. They are knowledgable enough to attend to you in terms of tyres rotation, balancing, and also alignment. For staggered config, you can only rotate your front 2 tyres between each other. The read tyres are also between each other only. You can't rotate front and rear as they are different sizes.

Nope.. getting your tyre and alignment work done outside doesn't void your warranty. At least, this is what I have done from my experience. I'm still currently enjoying the warranty and BSRI. So.. walking proof :top:

Service intervals are based on few factors, not only mileage. Number of days since last service, the way the car is driven etc is also considered. Perhaps when all these factors are considered, your car is asking you to service it. Engine oil have its life span too.

Thanks for the input, SapphireBlack. I have booked my appointment with IA. Wait time is now about one week.
Just wondering, how much does it cost to rotate the tyres and perform balancing etc at MPS Auto?

Wah haywire, you made a good point. I push the ultimate driving machine very hard.... sometime i pity the tiny 2 litre engine.
Should have bought the 325!

hi everyone?

Sorry for interrupted.I bought my 325i last week,ckd uk spec.Correct me if I'm wrong.From my understanding service will be done due to;

1)millage (10k)
2)life span of running engine oil (6month)
3)reminder from the panel board ~would you specified what type of alarm?

I also want to ask sifu,what about ATF oil?Is that recommended for only 20k millage?Any alarm will appear?

SapphireBlack;634611 said:
Welcome to the forum. Since we sama kaki... i assist you to answer some of your questions :top:

:listen:... Overall I felt IA is pretty good.
:top:

Honestly IA is disappointing. They're rude, absurd and hopeless. AB has been better but unsure of the Glenmarie branch

DKNY;635949 said:
Honestly IA is disappointing. They're rude, absurd and hopeless. AB has been better but unsure of the Glenmarie branch

Second that DKNY. I had a list of issues including a deflating side support on my electronic seat that was not rectified by IA. IA's SA said that their "Complicated Serviceware" did not detect any fault codes. Hence, they can't rectify the problem. WTF??? Take a seat and activate the side support to inflate. Immediately you will know if there is a puncture.

Brought this up to David Maguhan and was recommended AB Tun Razak (SA: Gary Gladwin) to look into the problem. Was offered a courtesy car while they rectified my rear signal lights, side support, loose stitch on my steering wheel, fog lights & paint peel on my start stop button without a single hassle. To add, I just brought my car in for a simple oil service as per BSRI. Called Gary at 930am for an appointment, car send in on the same day at 130pm and my car was ready by 5pm. So far been happy with AB-Tun Razak. Even their Service Manager was friendly (Mr.Kay). Hope they maintain their service standard. At least we have a good SC to maintain our UDMs.

(Names mentioned because I feel they deserve recognition for a job well done)

RCBL;636220 said:
Second that DKNY. I had a list of issues including a deflating side support on my electronic seat that was not rectified by IA. IA's SA said that their "Complicated Serviceware" did not detect any fault codes. Hence, they can't rectify the problem. WTF??? Take a seat and activate the side support to inflate. Immediately you will know if there is a puncture.

Brought this up to David Maguhan and was recommended AB Tun Razak (SA: Gary Gladwin) to look into the problem. Was offered a courtesy car while they rectified my rear signal lights, side support, loose stitch on my steering wheel, fog lights & paint peel on my start stop button without a single hassle. To add, I just brought my car in for a simple oil service as per BSRI. Called Gary at 930am for an appointment, car send in on the same day at 130pm and my car was ready by 5pm. So far been happy with AB-Tun Razak. Even their Service Manager was friendly (Mr.Kay). Hope they maintain their service standard. At least we have a good SC to maintain our UDMs.

(Names mentioned because I feel they deserve recognition for a job well done)

Thanks for sharing. As I read a lot of negative stuff bout AB Sungai Besi... so i presume management all da same. Since there's positive comments about AB tun Razak... perhaps I will try it out. Nearer some more. I need to get my Start/Stop button peeling issues rectified.

Just a quick check.... what kind of engine fully syntethic oil do AB Tun Razak use? Shell, Petronas or Castrol?

atty;635825 said:
Thanks for the input, SapphireBlack. I have booked my appointment with IA. Wait time is now about one week.
Just wondering, how much does it cost to rotate the tyres and perform balancing etc at MPS Auto?

I can't remember as it was quite some time ago. Need to check receipts.... around RM40 to RM50? I can't be sure? The alignment is the one that cost money.. so that's separate. The balancing and rotation should be part of the same cost.

SapphireBlack;636257 said:
Just a quick check.... what kind of engine fully syntethic oil do AB Tun Razak use? Shell, Petronas or Castrol?

Was informed that they use Shell Helix fully synthetic 5/30

Top Bottom