The next WAJA

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GhostDriver

Club Guest
Rendering at paultan.org...more info here http://paultan.org/2010/08/02/rendering-lancer-based-proton-waja-replacement-model/& http://paultan.org/2010/08/02/new-proton-waja-replacement-based-on-lancer-in-penang/
wajalancer-theo-1-450x348.jpg

If the Waja does look like that, well, it would be a handsome successor! :D

I wonder what the performance will be like. More Wajalutions on the way? :D

But seriously, they gotta ditch those Lancer GX rims. Looks puny IMHO.

Wah! Lucky their partner is not BMW! kns!

Can't imagine how horrible I would feel seeing a Thunder Cat on the kidney grille.. :eek:

Insider info confirmed that the New Waja would be a rebadged Lancer GT...
And that Light Pressure Turbo Exora is also being developed to haul the 7 seater's ass....

Look at it this way, Proton doesn't have the economy of scales to come up with their own cars.. They did try but too late, cos by then, majority of the local buyers aledi gave up and rather buy korean.... Or anything but proton..

Really boleh lah. :top: Taking such long time just to copy? My goodness...

After all the years of protectionism,we are back to square one... sheeshh!! All the years of paying exorbitant taxes for our BMWs..for what? For them to rebadge a Mitsubishi again?

Ah,well..I guess I'll stop hoping from now on.

This car good or nooot than my old junk BMW? If yes I'll sell my BMW & buy wajalution:cool:

wonder how much it will be selling for? 3 Diamonds become Thunder Cat, its a nightmare come true!!! kesian the current Lancer owner...

initialM;548390 said:
This car good or nooot than my old junk BMW? If yes I'll sell my BMW & buy wajalution:cool:

The selling price and maintenance sure beat your UDM.

Proton has come full circle after 25 years.

Instead of wasting funds on R&D, this should have been continued since the Saga.

I am sure most prefer to have Mivec than Campro under the hood.

this won't be happening if the previous management was still in charge. both Waja & Perdana replacements would have been badged Lotus. Gen2, Neo, Saga etc to continue fying the Proton flag.

a 2.2 liter dohc NA was to power the small Lotus, whereas a 2.7 & 3.2 liter V6 twin turbo for the large sedan and Esprit replacement. both sedans were to have challenged the Euro sports-sedan market - to have been equal in build quality and dynamics, but at 20% lower price. volume to have been small initially.

now with this 'alternate reality', me and most people who were at Proton 10 years ago can only look at this 'new' Waja in disgust.

For all you budding businessmen, start importing aftermarket parts for the Lancer, especially Evo X bodykits etc. Sure got market here haha.

My friend just took his new Lancer GT 2 weeks ago ! ! What a let down.... Sometimes, I felt that we are being SCAM time to time in this automotive industry. Sub-standards car quality, as higher tech cars are so damn bloody expensive ! ! Another classic SAD story for us, I guess...

What a cheapskate mentality..25 yrs of their automotive innovation is just copying from the japs..But give them a mic, they can talk cock about others all day long..

Top Bottom