Surprisingly better than Michelin P S 3 tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;668101 said:
eKKkk... u also cheap skate BMW owner ka?! Oh ya hor.. u almost trade your BMW in for a Cuntchill.. :p

Haiya.. like what u using now la.. all Koreans la.. same same la. Just another Korean "dish".. :love:

A1 will be soon off the shelf la.. if can find also I think old stock la. Just like PP2, replaced by PS3 liao la. A2 pricing is about 10% off PS3 price. Well worth consideration.

Now my cuntchill using A1 taikor but the rear goin wear off mayb by year end. I like the A1 much but not sure can afford A2 soon. Just lookin more option. How u compare the korean to A2? Oso not sure how much the A2 cost for my size? Ya ya good thing not cheap but just wanna make sure its worth la. cannot tahan redy pampering my cuntchill.:eek:

Kay.G.;668066 said:
sifu's ...quick question, i have changed to Michelin ps3 (2 front wheels), will it be alright to change other brand for the rear..
as the thread pattern will not be the same. Which will result in higher fuel consumption ...

I just got back from my usual alignment mechanic. He has decades of experiences in tyre related stuffs and I asked him the same question. His answer is "no problem" and it won't affect anything.

initialM;668217 said:
Now my cuntchill using A1 taikor but the rear goin wear off mayb by year end. I like the A1 much but not sure can afford A2 soon. Just lookin more option. How u compare the korean to A2? Oso not sure how much the A2 cost for my size? Ya ya good thing not cheap but just wanna make sure its worth la. cannot tahan redy pampering my cuntchill.:eek:

If u like A1, u should like A2 because it's an improvement over A1 and price is purposely prices 10% below PS3, value for money!

astroboy;668051 said:
My next change, Nexen N8000.. :1:

P/s: cheap skate BMW owner here.. Only 4-Potter.. :p

Don't be fooled by the el-cheapo pricing of N8000...feels like GY F1 GSD3 on my 4-potter turbo! Wear rate is quite fast...should last just about 25K KM.

Ade;668304 said:
Don't be fooled by the el-cheapo pricing of N8000...feels like GY F1 GSD3 on my 4-potter turbo! Wear rate is quite fast...should last just about 25K KM.

Does it mean good or not? If wear rate is fast but performance and price is much cheaper than branded tyre should be ok. 25k km should be alrite

nicholas_foo;667682 said:
I had Michelin P S 3 and replaced them with 4 Goodyear F1 D5 tyres before Raya. I like to share and say to other BMW car owners that I am very happy with this new tyre. I made the decision after driving a friend's car fitted with the Goodyear F1 D5.
On my car, the new Goodyear feels more stable than my old Michelin P S 3 particularly on corners every time.
Because I do a lot of travelling to Kedah and to Johor, I can't afford to make a mistake in buying too uncomfortable tyres or too noisy tyres. I am glad to say my new Goodyear lived up to expectations in this area. I can feel better stability when doing above 120 kph.
The price is about 90 ringgit each cheaper than Michelin P S 3!
Maybe next time i may splurge out more money for the Goodyear Asymmetric 2 (or Asy 3 by then), but as of now this F1 D5 is terrific for the price.

I am on contisportcontact2 tyres. (Never pick up any nails so far unlike my previous pirelli and dunlop) After 4 years, myccsc2 have hardened. Now everywhere I go have 'wooo wooo wooo' sounds. I checked and definitely not wheel bearing problems.

Can you suggest a good place to install the new goodyears in subang jaya? The last place I went had balancing machine which needed re-calibration!
I wont compromised on safety so cost so not the main concern.

initialM;668552 said:
Does it mean good or not? If wear rate is fast but performance and price is much cheaper than branded tyre should be ok. 25k km should be alrite

That's what I meant...its not as good but at least its 80% there of GSD3..

astroboy;668041 said:
Bald tyre gives u more surface contact. That's why slick tyres are designed without tread on the surface. Treads on tyre surface are for water drainage purposes. Bald tyres are excellent for dry surface and shorter braking distance because more grip on dry tarmac, hence heavier steering in turning.

U never use new tyre before meh? Steering very light but gets heavier as it wears ma..

Not necessary. Silica compound is being used to replace soft natural rubber due to it's excellent wear resistance. U have Croc shoe? Those are silica, does it wear fast?

In most tires once the wear is more than 50% the compound that is nearer to the carcass tend to be harder and hence more noise and lesser grip. You are right, if the compound used remains the same all the way to the carcass. Tire design is always a compromise, usage of silica will improve rolling resistance, but improvement in rolling resistance is also equivalent to lesser grip. Like wise, a tire that has good cornering grip will have bigger outer blocks which is a little noisier, so again it is a compromise.

aoch88;668049 said:
IMHO, Michelin are simply over rated in Malaysia. Everyone wants a Michelin, price also sky rocket. I'm currently on CSC 5P and just as happy :d

I am also on the CSC5P, this tire is a tarmac ripper. Even when it's cold I could hear the rear tires picking up sand every morning I leave my house :)

ALBundy;669075 said:
I am also on the CSC5P, this tire is a tarmac ripper. Even when it's cold I could hear the rear tires picking up sand every morning I leave my house :)

Haha, it's a good tyre indeed but $$$ also a bit more extra :p My rear alignment is at -2 degrees so hopefully it doesn't wear off so fast. As for now, I'm saving for my next tyre, lol

poh_chuan;668580 said:
I am on contisportcontact2 tyres. (Never pick up any nails so far unlike my previous pirelli and dunlop) After 4 years, myccsc2 have hardened. Now everywhere I go have 'wooo wooo wooo' sounds. I checked and definitely not wheel bearing problems.

Can you suggest a good place to install the new goodyears in subang jaya? The last place I went had balancing machine which needed re-calibration!
I wont compromised on safety so cost so not the main concern.

I heard about Continentals drying and hardening but from a Michelin tyre dealer:willy: Maybe they never pick any sharp objects due to it's hardness?

Sunway (near Subang jaya and Sunway Pyramid) bridgestone and sunway michelin have good balancers. They will do the job even if you have other brand tyres.

The F1 D5 tyres are breaking in and feel good. Steering response is not light or too heavy which I feel just:41: right for my bmw. P S 3 was quiet at first but at corners it was like driving a Honda accord with Michelin P S 2 tyres. Not like a Bmw with Michelin P S 2.

nicholas_foo;669773 said:
P S 3 was quiet at first but at corners it was like driving a Honda accord with Michelin P S 2 tyres. Not like a Bmw with Michelin P S 2.

Try replacing your e60 anti-roll-bars with either Eibach or H & R and then try taking sharp corners. You feel a world of difference regardless whether with PS3, PS2 or F1 D5.

herbert;669774 said:
Try replacing your e60 anti-roll-bars with either Eibach or H & R and then try taking sharp corners. You feel a world of difference regardless whether with PS3, PS2 or F1 D5.

Thanks. Will passenger comfort be affected drastically?:39:

Bro herbert, does it decrease the ride comfort? I mean if we change to Eibach or H & R ARB, will it be stiffer? :) I seriously don't like the feeling of those stiff coilovers these days.

antiroll bars don't affect comfort as much as lowering springs... it only come into effect at the corners or as the car roll (one side higher than the other side).. Hence the name anti-roll bar... it reduced the bodyroll at the corners.. on the flat road, doesn't affect ride quality...

So you are saying bumpiness is mostly due to lowered spring not anti-roll bar?

ice_cock;670202 said:
So you are saying bumpiness is mostly due to lowered spring not anti-roll bar?

If you change to lowered springs then it will surely be more bumpy. Alternatively if a woman wears french flag on their boobs, it will also be bumpy (like your avatar) :d

Top Bottom