Sound while going into reverse gear *THUD*

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yes the sound only once when you engage to gear R. Bro the item 7 and 9 for my case.
The best way is print out this parts catalog and show it to your mechanic to check it. It can be find easily when your mechanic jack up your car.

bro alex and kaiser,

thanks very much on sharing! guess mine is more severe...not only reverse gear but at lower gear change..the thud sound very significant. after went into bump, thud sound will come even i softly accelerate.

instead of 1 item 9 and 2 item 7 on rear axle support bush, believe that i should have a look at coupling as well.

headacheee...headachee!!!

Alex5522;684033 said:
The Rubber Mounting rear 33 17 6 751 808 -1pcs =RM67
The Rubber Mounting front 33 17 6 770 788 -2pc =RM66
Labour charge = RM regular mechanic was my good friend, so he charge me very cheap.

Btw bro don't mine to share what is your millage now ? Mine was just passed 180k km and the live span of the rubber mounting was the time to kaput i guess.

RM66 for one piece or two pieces bro?Thanks!

Alex5522;687683 said:
Yes the sound only once when you engage to gear R. Bro the item 7 and 9 for my case.
The best way is print out this parts catalog and show it to your mechanic to check it. It can be find easily when your mechanic jack up your car.

what the different between items 2,4,7 and 9?based on the website,all of the name similar?

thanks!

parc;698919 said:
RM66 for one piece or two pieces bro?Thanks!

what the different between items 2,4,7 and 9?based on the website,all of the name similar?

thanks!

Bro
and i didn't see there was any different between items 2,4,7 and 9, all bushing are support the rear axle. it's only some are for front portion and the others are for back.
I did mentioned on my post #62 (Bro the item 7 and 9 for my case)
and hopes it will help.

MTI1NDYwX3A=.png

Unless mentioned already, a tip to avoid any further thuds... When u park... Regardless on hill or flat roads... Go into neutral first... Pull the handbrake... Release the brakes if ure still pressing it... Ur car will roll into a locking stance if ur on a hill...Then got to parking... Otherwise, especially on hills ur thud will come back...

What ull notice is a smooth transition from P to R to N to D... Otherwise ull hear a loud Thud when engaging to R.

I just replaced mine again because my carwash n mechanic kept shoving the car into parking on uneven roads. Screwed them about it. Hope this helps. Source from some googling at us forums.

Absolutely valueble tip from bro Sixthseal - I do this myself but I failed to mention this earlier. :(

kaiserrand;670819 said:
Just to share, after replacing all 3 rear axle bushes and rear axle oil, the THUD sound is GONE! So if you're in a similar situation, jack up the car and take a look at the rear axle bushing. Most likely they're the culprits.
Thank U bro for ur sharing
I have the same prob wit my E46. I was expecting the worse. However now after seeing ur feedback, The day doesn't that dark after all :)[/I]

Hm... seems like my car also having similar problem.
Any recommendation of good workshop around KV can do this job well with reasonable price?

Alex5522 said:
Bro
and i didn't see there was any different between items 2,4,7 and 9, all bushing are support the rear axle. it's only some are for front portion and the others are for back.
I did mentioned on my post #62 (Bro the item 7 and 9 for my case)
and hopes it will help.

MTI1NDYwX3A=.png
I have changed mine at Naidu Aircond. Contact number 0192110554 . Location : behind Shell at KWSP EPF Jalan Gasing PJ

Labor charges= RM 250

It will take around 3 hours to fix it ( at least in my case, since there are plenty of customers at that time )

Parts that I changed :- same like yours also number (7) part number 33 17 6 770 788 rubber mounting RM 32 X 2 items = RM64 and number (9) part number 33 17 6 751 808 RM60 X 1 item. Bought from Bavarian Auto Parts 03-78765555 http://www.bavarian.....php?p=branches

Cheers!

My car also make this 'thud' sound but only when the first moment i press the brake to stop from reversing. If i release the brake and press it again there is no 'thud' sound.

imad852003 said:
My car also make this 'thud' sound but only when the first moment i press the brake to stop from reversing. If i release the brake and press it again there is no 'thud' sound.
Pls check brake pad

I just changed 3 axle bush...1 big n 2 small....d sound still there but not so loud this time.
Ask my mech again...n he ask me to change my gearbox.
Huhuhu....die laa
And some more....change frm P to R...i heard double "Thud" sounds...
Stressed!!!
Any idea to solve this?

Top Bottom