She's a beauty. Can see can touch. LoL

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BimmerDan;719872 said:
Now that's what I call fantastic. Everything about this car seem 'befitting and belonging' to this particular model...E39,doesn't even have to try. Nice car you have there bro.
thanks for your kind words. i agree with u. no need to overdo the appearance afraid it will ruin its beauty.

zib;719877 said:
I saw d car with many ppl inside at KLCC basement parking exit heading to AKLEH.

Was it you?

If you work here mayb we can catchup and talk abt E39 non-stop.

BTW nice car u have there bro! Looks clean and well taken care of by the prev owner.
yes bro u got it right. it was me with friends went out to ampang eat asam pedas there before going to mosque. i saw quite a number of e39s at the parking lots. maybe one of them is yours? i work here but rarely drive since i prefer to ride my old cepai more to office. perhaps we can pm later if wanna meet up.

yat325;719924 said:
nice ride dude....clean.........next mood ur rim hehehehehe..
thanks bro. the wheels now i think look better in e60 and not e39.

i like the most for my eyes, those acs type 3 wheels. next is type 2. next is bbs rs 2.

saw some adverts at mudah.my for the acs but dunno how to tell they are genuine or not. all claim original but prices are different. i am in contact with several of them but still cannot commit to them since my pockets are dry :rolleyes: no money no talk. hehe.

What is the car doing at Dr Cermin? Tukar cermin ke? I need to change my front windshield (with rain sensor). Any Idea how much?

e39touring;720120 said:
What is the car doing at Dr Cermin? Tukar cermin ke? I need to change my front windshield (with rain sensor). Any Idea how much?
the used car changed for me the rear screen and rear passenger door actuator. the old screen was cracked. mine front screen not changed. i have no idea how much it costs. other members can help perhaps.

Congra bro, Is hard to find a real m-sport nowsaday, nice car bro. Mind to pm me how much u get too?:cool:

gentlemen,

i plan to drive northward today back to my hometown in penang. i just got the car a night before last night. if advised i will do major service. some of my concerns are as below.

what the most critical things should i check?
i saw the engine lube dateline still 5k to go. need to change or can just trust it? what eo recommended?
i tried the steptronic function this morning seems ok. is it ok to use it frequently? will it do any harm to gearbox in long term?
the gb oil, recommended brand? is it ok to use other than recommended by bmw? some cars quite have sensitive gearbox, can only accept manufacturer recommendation.
power steering fluid recommendation?
brake fluid recommendation?
i just realized that my cd changer had gone missing. i have to live with only the tuner for now. recommended to buy new cd changer or get the aftermarket HU?
is it ok to replace the spark plugs with aftermarket ones. example bosch platinum iridium etc?

I have the ori CD Changer for sale if you're interested. RM450, came from my car.

Nice car dude.

haywire;720139 said:
I have the ori CD Changer for sale if you're interested. RM450, came from my car.

Nice car dude.
thanks bro. let me think about it first. will let u know if anything.

Bro, since u bought the car from car dealer and no service record, i suggest u to replace all those engine oil, ATF, brake fluid and filters. They are no so expensive.

I have the aftermarket HU if u interested, plug and play. :p

bmw7833;720148 said:
Bro, since u bought the car from car dealer and no service record, i suggest u to replace all those engine oil, ATF, brake fluid and filters. They are no so expensive.

I have the aftermarket HU if u interested, plug and play. :p
thanks for the advice bro. on the HU let's pm and discuss. hehe.

i just came back from workshop and got my car diagnosed. it's at mb auto at au3 cross junction there. they plugged in the computer to check and several errors out. i ask them whether those errors need to be rectified, they said no need yet ask me wait until the error lights come out at the panel.

they also jacked up my car and did physical checking. there's psf leaking. two hoses and the tank need to be replaced. they also showed that the steering rack has failed a bit but not too much and still can be used. others seemed OK.

i am happy enough to walk away and paid rm30 for the diagnosis and rm38 more for the PSF in case i need to top up half way.

i guess i just drive the car back to my hometown today and pray hard for nothing bad happen.

Hold on a sec. I think i know this car.
Isn't this the MB Auto's owner's car?

affan66;720180 said:
Hold on a sec. I think i know this car.
Isn't this the MB Auto's owner's car?
lol for real? If yes then those workers there really knew how to bluff. I did ask whether they know this car or not they said only once came for service. How u know bro affan?

Thank God. I managed to reach my hometown after 3 hours drive. Passengers are 3 adults and 2 infants with fully loaded bonnet. Maybe can do better odw back alone tomorrow. It was a safe journey eventhough at beginning i was afraid the psf gonna leak dry a bit. Tomorrow morning only check the psf level again.

Steptronic all da way. Love it. Fuel consumption a bit high. FC maybe less a bit than 3/4 of the full tank. Is my fc ok like that? And on the steptronic usually until what rpm we pedal down the gas before shifting up?

Laa..balik penang ka? I just drove down too but from SP. Just arrived at 4pm departed SP at 12pm almost.

Hope your car is ok. Lately I drive to SP almost every weekend.

Don't worry bro. E39 is very reliable. I had to only change my tyres there due to age and of course worn badly especially the rear ones.

Mine power steering rack is also leaking but so far no prob.

On the shifting up/down at x RPM i don't really notice as E39 ZF gboxes are pretty smooth anyway :)

Me too always use D all the way but sometimes on after Ipoh on the hill before menora tunnel, I always use D +/- just to stop the gb from hunting u and and down and by doing so tapaued many camrys and accords haha..

Top Bottom