Selling your car? it has to be PUSPAKOM APPROVED

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

samharon

Club Guest
took this off. Kindly be informed. thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/7/1/nation/20070701144745&sec=nation - 36k - Ruling on Puspakom inspection for transfer of vehicles takes effect Monday (2nd July 2007)By SIMON KHOOKUANTAN: The ruling compelling all second-hand private vehicles to undergo mandatory Puspakom inspection before the transfer of ownership will take effect from Monday. Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said there would not be any deferment as Puspakom had given assurances that it was ready for the task. "Puspakom has the capacity to conduct inspections on some two million private vehicles a year. "Presently, only about one million vehicles are utilising its services. "As such, we do not foresee any major problems but will monitor the development closely," he told reporters after opening the state MCA elections' training camp in Wisma MCA here on Sunday. In May, the Cabinet approved the ruling in a move to address the increasing numbers of “cut-and-join” cars (kereta potong) on the road. The move was also aimed at protecting the interest of car buyers and to ensure that only roadworthy vehicles were allowed on the roads. Chan said Puspakom expected an increase of 25% of cars to be inspected at all its exisiting branches, at a cost of RM30 for each vehicle. He said vehicles which received the certification from Puspakom could proceed with the transfer of ownership within two weeks. Among others, Puspakom checks will involve identifying the chassis and engine numbers, seating capacity, car model, year of manufacture, colour and the level of tint. At present, only commercial vehicles were required to undergo compulsory checks at Puspakom branches every six months. On allegations that Puspakom officials were on the take to approve an inspection, Chan said there must be evidence to support the matter. "I urged the parties involved to furnish me with proof and I will see to it personally and take stern action," he said.

samharon;228620 said:
On allegations that Puspakom officials were on the take to approve an inspection, Chan said there must be evidence to support the matter.

"I urged the parties involved to furnish me with proof and I will see to it personally and take stern action," he said.

ROFL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
From the TV series Hogans Hero's
SGT Shultz: "I See Nothing.... Nothing!!!!!"

Got my car inspection done today at Taman Bukit Maluri in Kepong. 45 mins in total from start to finish. Promotion this month is free inspection for tukar hakmilik for private vehicles. RM30~RM45 if inspection is required for finance purposes.

python,
what is so funny? shldnt this be important to know?

fireblade,
45 mins only? isnt so bad. can take half-day off from work only la then.
i dont think theres JPJ at bukit maluri rite? care describing the details from the beginning to the change of name?

is there any difference going to main branches (like Wangsa maju and Shah alam) then going to branches in kepong, gombak, etc.

thanks.

macam macam hal... karang ni, esok, tak tau la...
semua shareholder nak buat duit lebih!

samharon;229131 said:
python,
what is so funny? shldnt this be important to know?

fireblade,
45 mins only? isnt so bad. can take half-day off from work only la then.
i dont think theres JPJ at bukit maluri rite? care describing the details from the beginning to the change of name?

is there any difference going to main branches (like Wangsa maju and Shah alam) then going to branches in kepong, gombak, etc.

thanks.

It is not JPJ, it is Puspakom in Bukit Maluri. There were 4 taxis & 2 cars ahead of me. Dont forget to bring your original registration card. Puspakom verified the chassis/engine numbers and then inspected the car undercarriage (potong or not). Certificate of Inspection Lulus issued on the spot- valid for 2 weeks. You should then go to JPJ with the cert, reg card, JPJ K3 form, owner & new owner to do the tukar hakmilik.

Fireblade;229362 said:
It is not JPJ, it is Puspakom in Bukit Maluri. There were 4 taxis & 2 cars ahead of me. Dont forget to bring your original registration card. Puspakom verified the chassis/engine numbers and then inspected the car undercarriage (potong or not). Certificate of Inspection Lulus issued on the spot- valid for 2 weeks. You should then go to JPJ with the cert, reg card, JPJ K3 form, owner & new owner to do the tukar hakmilik.

i wonder if they oso check the engine no :D. if they know where to find them :cool:

Yes they check the engine number also. Go at 7 or 7.30 in morning. Try to go to a puspakom with a jpj attached like in wangsa maju. I went through the procedure in less then 1 hour. go puspakom, check car, go jpj change car ownership. go early - No Hassle, Go late - NIGHTMARE!

Fireblade;229362 said:

out of curiosity - did they managed to locate the engine number ?

hahaha.. it was funny when a bunch of those Puspakom people trying to locate the engine and chassis numbers of the Smart 4/2.... :D:D

Top Bottom