Scuba Divers in the club

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
guys...

i would recommend looking for another dive centre.... have had a very bad experience with global scuba..

Geoffrey bro.. no hard feeling dude..

Cheers!!

blackbear;328707 said:
guys...

i would recommend looking for another dive centre.... have had a very bad experience with global scuba..

Geoffrey bro.. no hard feeling dude..

Cheers!!

What happened?

Care to share your unfortunate experience on the above?

NKTOB;328773 said:
What happened?

Care to share your unfortunate experience on the above?

Oopsss! I wish to know too.. I am not aware that their standard are below expectation.

Will suggest other center then.. Give me a few days OK

Scuba Diving

Hi Guys,

Just was talking to a fellow forumer yesterday and sugested i shold log on here. Firstly just to set the base I am a PADI Dive Instructor and have been for the past 10 years. i do work in the industry teaching and providing dive destinations for divers.

To answer the swimming question.... yes you do need to know the basics on how to swim lah... not be a submarine and swim towards the bottom but actually show that you can swim a basic stroke for 200m without mask fins and snorkell or if you prefer 300m with mask fins and snorkell. The other requirement is you must be able to float or tread water for at least 10 mins.

The prices quoted by Global Scuba sound fair in todays market. BE AWARE of cheaper courses remember you pay for what you get, im sure you guys wont replace an engine part with a cheapo knock off right.... so dont expect to pay kancil price and expect a beemer performance. Remember guys you are bieng instructed on how to enter another environment in which is totally alien to the human being unless you are Kevin Costner in waterworld and grow gills.

Anyway enough said lah .... the subject just goes on and one if you get too indepth about it:stupid:

Ok if you quys need assistance in planning a trip or a dive course just PM me lah not going to start advertising here. Training levels i can teach... open water right up to IDC(instructor development courses) all pool sessions and therory sessions can be done in KL and finish up the required open water dives in tioman or perhentian lah depends on what you guys want and you budget. If you like to finish the dive in Sipadan also can....:rock: but see lah budget.

ok apart from training, the company that i work for also has dive packages to dive destinations... sipadan, mabul,kapalai,mataking,lankayan,bali,lombok,manado,komodo,raja ampat, puerto gallera,bohol.... and new destinations on the pipeline... so again if members are interested PM me.

Ok if you guys have any questions just post lah i will try my best to help and answer... ok cheers Happy driving and diving!!!!

gregcwho;321060 said:
I would like to know how many BMW members here are scuba divers. Maybe we could do a meet up and organize a convoy to either to Redang or Tioman for a Dive?

I will start the ball rolling..

Name, level, dives

1) Don Franco, OW, 8 dives
2) BlackE90, OWD, 4 dives (upon certification dives)
3) BlackBear, AOW, 100 dives
4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
5) Geoffreylee, AOW, 134 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
7) nktob, PADI DM#472472 Over 800+ logged dives minus logs in dive comp. PADI Mbr since 1994. Tioman, my second home :top:
8) gregcwho, OW, 2 dives...been wanting to do AOW but schedule not permittinglah...
9) mariff32, AOW, 48 dives, 2nd home Redang Bay. My friend runs Kembara Station PADI Courses. Try them. I think they do courses at DBKL Pool on weekend and their rate is reasonable.

Any BMWCM keen to become a scuba diver? List your name below. I will organize the class either in Klang Valley or at any of the Islands.

1) RedBaron
2) Bix

Have been waiting for this survey and maybe trips for some time now. Well done Don for your effort.

I would like to know how many BMW members here are scuba divers. Maybe we could do a meet up and organize a convoy to either to Redang or Tioman for a Dive?

Name, level, dives

4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
7) nktob, PADI DM#472472 Over 800+ logged dives minus logs in dive comp. PADI Mbr since 1994. Tioman, my second home

Any BMWCM keen to become a scuba diver? List your name below. I will organize the class either in Klang Valley or at any of the Islands.

1) RedBaron
2) Bix

Any more member wana join up? Mariff32, come add yr name in here mate :rock:

Name, level, dives

4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
7) nktob, PADI DM#472472 Over 800+ logged dives minus logs in dive comp. PADI Mbr since 1994. Tioman, my second home
8) 2cents, PADI OWSI#16469

1) RedBaron
2) Bix

Any more member wana join up? Mariff32, come add yr name in here mate :rock:

would like to know how many BMW members here are scuba divers. Maybe we could do a meet up and organize a convoy to either to Redang or Tioman for a Dive?

Name, level, dives

4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
9) Seamonkey, PADI MI # 463504 (will be up grading status in July to CD) 2200++ dives and counting actually lost count lol

1) RedBaron
2) Bix

Guys,

Scuba Divers AustraliAsia (SDAA) are having a photo shootout..

MALAYSIA
SDAA/Borneo Divers Shootout
17ñ21 Sep 2008
Mabul, Sabah, Malaysia
The Trip: 4N room/board all-inclusive, two boat dives at Sipadan/one at Mabul for four days, unlimited shore dives
The Judges: Al Hornsby, Aaron Wong, Eric Madeja, Scubazoo
The Categories: Macro, Portfolio, Wide-angle
The Prizes: Prizes include Canon EOS 450D cameras,
dive trips, BCDs, masks, fins, and dive computers from Scubapro Asia Pacific and Tusa Australia, Camaro wetsuits, and Red Army watches.

Single US$1,345/person (SG$1853)
Twin/double US$897/person (SG$1,236)

AUSTRALIA
SDAA/Fish Rock Shootout
13ñ18 Oct 2008
South West Rocks, New South Wales, Australia
The Trip: 5N with room/breakfast/dinner inclusive, two boat dives daily for five days, unlimited shore dives
The Judges: Dave Harasti, Rudie Kuiter
The Categories: Portfolio, Shark, Wide-angle
The Prizes: Prizes include Canon EOS 450D cameras, dive trips, BCDs, masks, fins, and dive computers from Scubapro Asia Pacific and Tusa Australia, Camaro wetsuits, and Red Army watches.

Single US$829/person (SG$1,142)
Twin/double US$718/person (SG$990)

INDONESIA
SDAA/KBR Shootout
26 Nov ñ1 Dec 2008
Lembeh Strait, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
The Trip: 5N room/board all-inclusive, three boat dives daily for five days, unlimited shore dives on house reef from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., airport transfers
The Judges: Mike Veitch, Simon Buxton, William Tan
The Categories: Macro Behaviour, Portfolio, Portrait
The Prizes: Prizes include Canon EOS 450D cameras, dive trips, BCDs, masks, fins, and dive computers from Scubapro Asia Pacific and Tusa Australia, Camaro wetsuits, and Red Army watches.

Traditional House Deluxe room
Single US$1,105/person (SG$1,523) US$1,205/person (SG$1,660)
Twin/double US$955/person (SG$1,316) US$1,055/person (SG$1,454)
Triple US$865/person (SG$1,192) US$965/person (SG$1,330)

More details from http://www.scubadiveraa.com/events_shootout.php

For info..anyone interested?

Cheers :)

Name, level, dives

4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
9) Seamonkey, PADI MI # 463504 (will be up grading status in July to CD) 2200++ dives
10) Zank. Rescue Diver, > 100 dives.

Seamonkey;330857 said:
would like to know how many BMW members here are scuba divers. Maybe we could do a meet up and organize a convoy to either to Redang or Tioman for a Dive?

Name, level, dives

4) Hafizzul, OW, 4 dives
6) Mouse, AOW, 28 dives
9) Seamonkey, PADI MI # 463504 (will be up grading status in July to CD) 2200++ dives and counting actually lost count lol

1) RedBaron
2) Bix
3) C-square

Been wanting to take up scuba for a long time but couldn't find a group.

Welcome C-Square,

Keep your finger on this thread off and on... once we have a small number of confirmed wannabe divers we will organize a Open Water certification course.

cheers

excellent... can't wait. Hopefully the date fixed does not clash with my other prior engagements. Fingers & toes crossed !!!

sithwarrior;333916 said:
wow don ur list growing ahhh... not bad

and you my friend? come la...the more the merrier... trigger fish and sharks included in the dive party! hehehe...

Mide 2008

Hey guys come check out MIDE (malaysia international dive expo)2008 in PWTC 4-8 July for all divers and potential divers lots of deals and last cahnce for resort prices as well. With the petrol increase all the resorts will be putting up the prices soon so good place to go get good deals then.

Doing a short trip to Tioman on 18th to 20th July.

All divers and beach bumps are welcome to join me, more the merrier. Convoy will start in the early hours of 18th.

Staying in Paya Beach...

More info, buzz me at 012 2177028

Seamonkey;335082 said:
Hey guys come check out MIDE (malaysia international dive expo)2008 in PWTC 4-8 July for all divers and potential divers lots of deals and last cahnce for resort prices as well. With the petrol increase all the resorts will be putting up the prices soon so good place to go get good deals then.

Bro I will be there with Black Bear we are both with www.malaysiandivingcommunity.com and as well as www.malaysianunderwater.com

MUW got a booth there too. give me a buzz if you are coming 012 334 6160

cheers

franco

NKTOB;336803 said:
Doing a short trip to Tioman on 18th to 20th July.

All divers and beach bumps are welcome to join me, more the merrier. Convoy will start in the early hours of 18th.

Staying in Paya Beach...

More info, buzz me at 012 2177028

Bro , Black Bear and me going on the 11, 12 and 13th July to Tioman.

Black Bear will be there for the Tioman Mega Dive too.

Cheers

Hi Bro of BMWCM...

Ms Rena is calling for your help... If you are interested please drop her an email...

Cheers

Perhentian Ocean Clean Up by Marine Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hai friends..

I have all the name list for ocean clean up. Need big favor from all of u. Pls email me ur details:
Full name/ ic no/contact no/email add to r.zarina@trexxtravels.com

Anyway, this invitation from Marine Park Perhentian.They will provide us with return boat transfer, 2 nite accomodation, food and dive. We need to do volunteers job. Nothing lavish and we not gonna stay at 5 star hotel. So please take note of that. So if you think you can't stay in “NO STAR” chalet, pls let me know, so we will invite other people.
Pls take note, there is no itinerary for this volunteer job. I also don’t know how many dive they will asked us. Pls bring your own equipment. If you need further information, pls contact me at 019-2758151 or email to r.zarina@trexxtravels.com.

Pls remember this is VOLUNTEER job k!! Some of you join us before.. i’m sure you know how this event gonna look like..

So hope to hear from you soon..

Top Bottom