scanner for BMW E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lwloh

Club Guest
Hi sifus,Just a few questions as below as i want to get a scanner for my E39 2001.a) What is the best scanner for the E39, the PA soft 1.4, the INPA or the GT1?b) What are the main differences in between them ?I saw some advert for some GT1 with DIS V57 which cost about USD 400.00 complete with all the stuff. worth to get it :top:eek:r better off with something else cheaper that does the job?I read from the Group Buy that the installation for PA soft on windows is tough with technicalities. I am not a computer geek. haaha. I read that the GT1 is simple and straight on the go once installed.CheersLW Loh

According to Jarance during E39 TT, he recommend PA soft 1.4 for a start. INPA is too dangerous for noobies.

If you are going to buy the PA soft 1.4, let me know, I want to buy one as well. Thanks.

Lithium2;708425 said:
According to Jarance during E39 TT, he recommend PA soft 1.4 for a start. INPA is too dangerous for noobies.

If you are going to buy the PA soft 1.4, let me know, I want to buy one as well. Thanks.

Is true. But if u dare enuf then u also can go for BMW inpa scanner.

Hello,

I won't say INPA is dangerous, this is because INPA is not able to do programming at all. It is more advanced I must say because it can debug better but you have to understand what you are doing. It is not a tool for noobs.

And installation of GT1 is the harder part, so it "straight on the go once installed" is correct.

I have move this thread to the General tech Section since this is NOT a Group Buy.

Note:
Let just say
1. The BMW Scanner is a thermometer
2. The INPA is a stethoscope
3. The GT1 is a scalpel.

It is a dangerous tool in the wrong hand but a wonderful tool if you know
how to use it properly.

I have all the 3 tools in my collections.
P1060503-Copy.jpg

aidilj;713428 said:
Hello,

I won't say INPA is dangerous, this is because INPA is not able to do programming at all. It is more advanced I must say because it can debug better but you have to understand what you are doing. It is not a tool for noobs.

And installation of GT1 is the harder part, so it "straight on the go once installed" is correct.

based on my personal experience while exploring the INPA function, I have accidentally set the
idling speed to 1500 rpm and could not recovered it until after 1 hour.

yes, you cant programm using the INPA but the adaption mode can be "change" the default value
if you know what I mean.

The PA Soft 1.40 scanner is a basic tool to have and relatively cheap to purchase
in order learn about diagnostic. There are other cheaper version available but you
have to do a bit of soldering (see adil thread on self made diagnostic tool)

However, the PA Soft 1.40 cannot see all the BMW model and modules as the program
is not written for all models. There were know issues where Live data is not available
for certain E46 and E39 when communicating with the ECU (DME). I presume that the
developer did not fully developed the program. However, the program is relatively easy
to use as it is menu driven.

INPA and GT1 program are developed by BMW and are hacked to be used in Window
mode. The program is relatively "old" and are designed to be used in Unix platform (GT1)
and Window platform for INPA. Even Window based is designed for 16 bits computer.

There are issues when 64 bits computer are used with Win 7 platform. A work around
solution is using in XP mode or Virtual Machine etc. Even that does not work properly when
come to NCS Expert which use 16 bits hardware.

In Malaysia, we are still in an infant stage when compare to users in US or Europe.

BTW, The PA Soft have some issues with win 7 64 bit platform for the hardware driver.

I have managed to resolve this from my own research. I have share this information
before.

jarance;713546 said:
I have move this thread to the General tech Section since this is NOT a Group Buy.

Note:
Let just say
3. The GT1 is a scalpel.

how to use it properly.

P1060503-Copy.jpg

Guru of DIY I still remember you told me that :-

1. The BMW Scanner is a thermometer (Secondary School)
2. The INPA is a stereoscope (University)
3. The GT1 is a scaple. (University)

Ha..ha..btw thanks for the GB :top:

jarance;713546 said:

Note:
Let just say
3. The GT1 is a scalpel.

how to use it properly.

P1060503-Copy.jpg

heheeh, sorry my mistake to put in Group Buy. By the way what is the price of the GT1?

Alex5522;713567 said:
Guru of DIY I still remember you told me that :-

1. The BMW Scanner is a thermometer (Secondary School)
2. The INPA is a stereoscope (University)
3. The GT1 is a scaple. (University)

Ha..ha..btw thanks for the GB :top:

I want to straight away grad to uni... haha... actually i really thought of getting GT1..

Melvinlee;713935 said:
Jar, I click the pic and get nothing...

you can buy direct from china. There is a promotion now @ USD49.99.
Just click on the picture below.

try this again. pls deal with them direct.

Link removed!!!

Top Bottom