RFT Tire mobility Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi guys. My ride is currently on 245/55/17 RFT, done about 6000km....
i plan to move up the size to 18" or 19" with 45 profile non RFT. The current 17" are not sexy enough!! LOL.

however i'm a bit scared when i think of any tyre mishap to the non RFT tyres. I travel quite extensively throughout the peninsular for biz purpose. Sometimes to the remote areas of plantations etc. To permanently carry a soare in the trunk may cause me my trunk space.
care to share your opinions? Thanks.

I think in a nutshell mobility kit comes into place when u have a warning sign in your iDrive saying that u lost pressure and u stop to take a look at it and found out that it's a small hole so u took out your mobility kit and try to fix it and continue driving on until u find a place to replace your tyre and you just need to drive according to recommendation from the manufacturer and change it ASAP. The case of drive to shop and 'tampal' it does not apply to RFT too. The mobility kit serves as a range extender or some sort with the extra peace of mind that you are not losing air continuously as you drive. But I think I read somewhere that trying to fix the RFT temporarily is not recommended though I could be wrong.

But if the tyre has a rip then of course having a mobility kit will be useless as you can't even drive at all.

Hi gobline, yes you would be right in storing a spare in your trunk as no RFT will save you from a rip/torn tyre. If you are just talking about a nail in your RFT then no issue on it.

But best I would say is take a Pajero into those remote areas since I've experienced places with no roads at all and it has a full spare tyre at the back!

If your F30 is running RFTs, them having a mobility kit is superfluous.

RFTs, Mobility Kits, Self Selants and Space Saver Tires do the same job i.e. Allows you to continue your journey to a place where you can get the puncture fixed. It is recommended that this is done at a lower speed.

RFTs, Mobility Kits and Self Sealants are for small punctures. They are useless for bigger tears or catastrophic tire failure.

So if you're running RFT's and encounter a puncture you can continue the journey without having to resort to the use of a mobility kit.

If the leak is beyond the containment capability of an RFT, then it is also beyong the containment capability of a mobility kit.

I have all 4 types. Iuse the mobility kit only on my car that I switched to non-RFT without a spare.

BTW, the sealant in a mobility kit has a shelf life.

If you are concerned, get a spare but don't forget to add in a jack and spanner.

Hi seancorr & Mavik,
sorry for the confusion.
I shall rephrase my sentence. I travel extensively throughout the peninsular. Sometimes into the remote areas via those state roads.
Occasionally I drive my 4x4 if i need to go onto dirt roads.
I have yet to drive my Bimmer offroad.... LOL.
Sometimes the roads I travel are secluded and dint have many cars around. For example, the road between Tasik Chini and Bera, Pahang, between Kuala Pilah and Muadzam straight to Rompin, also Pahang.... and between Raub and Sg Koyan straight up to Cameron Highlands.....
i do feel that using non RFT in town driving or populated area pose almost non issues as you can get help easily. However, using non RFT travelling the roads I mentioned poses some sort of danger and troble to us.
perhaps if I do change my tyres to non RFt, i'd get an extra tyre, wheel and a mobile jack, put it in the trunk when i travel out of town....
still undecided and my current RFT already done 6000km..... hurrrmmmm

For the best peace of mind drive with RFT, carry a mobility kit for small puncture and bring along a space saver spare for major / side cut and finally your insurance phone no. in case you need a tow service for total immobility. I think the question is which you can do without.

Hi,
We have available stock original spare tyre kit for BMW F30.(Limited Stocks)
Anyone interested?

Attachments

• f30 spare tire.jpg
    f30 spare tire.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 15
  • f30 spare tire 2.jpg
    f30 spare tire 2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 14
autofuturedesign said:
Hi,
Anyone interested?
How much is this? Will it fit 18" wheels?

autofuturedesign said:
Hi,
Anyone interested?
Hi,

Please pm me how much.

Thank you.

Btw just to note the tyre mobility kit can't fit on cars with upgraded brakes or using big brake kit. Tried it yesterday and it couldn't fit after a front tyre puncture.

Mavik, I bought it together with the car, should fits in well. BTW, what is your part number of the kit that you purchased ?

sh_Callum said:
Mavik, I bought it together with the car, should fits in well. BTW, what is your part number of the kit that you purchased ?
Sorry bro, I can't remember as I bought mine quite a while back. Yes it should fit nicely with the car unless you upgrade your brake kit to after market brakes. Yesterday one of my friend on his E92 had a puncture and I tried to loan him my spare tyre kit but it couldn't fit as he had Brembo 6-potters at the front brakes.

autofuturedesign said:
Hi,
Anyone interested?
PM me the price for X6 bro

Top Bottom