Rear Right Indicator Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tango1800

Club Guest
Dear all forumers,My 1 month old 320i's rear right indicator is malfunctioning, called IA the other day and they told me its a common problem for this model. The service guy told me they are out of stock and have to wait for them to arrive from germany, worst thing is that they have absolutely no idea when the stock will be arriving.Anyone here facing/faced the same problem as me?Any idea which dealer in klang valley still have the stock?

Got the same problem after 5 months bought the car(and only used for around 2000+km that time). Perhaps it is a common problem for E90 LCI as the SC seem not to be surprise at all, I repeat at all, when I brought the car to them, and true enough mine also on the right side. Luckily mine SC had available stock, got it changed there and then. I stay in east coast, so mine SC is AB kuantan, the only SC in the whole east coast.

It's good to develop some sort of relationship with your service centre. They should be able to give you a more definite answer as parts come in once a month, I think. The car is under warranty - so count your blessings.

When I got my unit and it was missing some parts, my SA suggested 'maybe they were stolen' and besides, they're out of stock (of course) Ok, no big deal, I skipped his supervisor and branch manager, and complained directly to the Sales Director of BMWM. So HE did the work of finding out which dealer had stock and made all the arrangements for me. Double whammy for that SA's bonus and reputation. Tango, if you don't get redress within a short time, call the Sales or Aftersales director of BMWM.

I had the same problem on my right indicator when I first took delivery of my car two weeks ago! They told me to bear with it while waiting for the parts which I'm still waiting..... It's really embarrassing to use the right indicator as it flashes like it's on steriods! Totally unacceptable for BMWM for not stocking these basic parts.

Also do you guys notice that the small amber light at P position of your gear selector will continue to lit for sometime even after you have locked the car? Strange as it doesn't lit on my previous E36.

ten minutes..... the light indicator remaining lit on the gearshift indicator for the 'P' position, I mean.

my experience with the lights part was 10 days.. I dont think its from Germany. It takes time for them to courier the parts from JB.

Luckily I checked the car before they delivered mine, it had a right side back signal light mulfunction. It was changed right away.

By the way, is it common to have the rear wing light (which is attached to the boot) to be switched on to be lighted? For my case, if I don't do that, only one side was turned on. And the car does not show any mulfunction indication.

All the red lights should be lit if you have the headlights on. And yes, including the section on the boot. Here's pic for ref. When you hit the brakes, they get brighter and of course, the 3rd brake lights kick in. Not to mention the Dynamic Brake Light System which flashes.

I totally agree with you, Phantom....really malu to turn on my right indicator cos it's flashing like it's on steroids.

I actually called IA, AB Segambut, QA and all of them don't have any stock for this problem.

Then i called AB Glenmarie on wednesday and this SA, his name is S**P**N promised to get back to me on the following day on the availability of the part but he did not call me back. Called again on Friday and promised to get back to me on the same day and he didnt as well.

I'm starting to have a really bad impression on these fellas.....moreover my e90 320i now has the super annoying rattling sounds that some of the fellow forumers are experiencing now.

GEEESZZZ!!!!! What sheer driving pleasure.......

tango....someone in the forum suggested to me..when i had this problem.. get the SA to take the lights from the show unit cars. the show unit cars surely wont hv this malfunctioning..

Haaa! This is what happened to me la! My unit had passed QC and PDI, but before I took delivery, some SA cannibalised some parts for his customer. And my SA just played 'don't know'. Like hell I was going to accept that! Showroom cars are for sale, so the problem will only be passed to someone else.

Since so many LCIs are having this problem, it's probably an OEM component defect. It's probably a global problem and so it may take time to get replacements fellas.

Called AB Glenmarie again today and tried calling the SA S****** the whole morning but couldnt get through. Managed to get him after like 20 calls and he told me the parts department was doing their stock tick whole of last week so couldnt confirm the availability of the part. So i told him to pass me to the parts department and like last week, no one seems to be picking up their calls. I tried calling them directly but to no avail. Call this S******* again and he promised to get back to me after lunch time. We'll see what he says.

The after sales service is seriously pissing me off here.......also, ive sent all the relevant documents to AB last wednesday and up until now they are telling me my car is still not registered with them. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

To make things worse, the rattling sounds in my car is getting worse everyday....now its coming from my left and right front doors.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE MY ASSSS!!!!

Is the rattling sound like a piece of metal sliding on a plastic and coming from the door / side front aircon area and most obvious when you brake?

Ennui78;477801 said:
All the red lights should be lit if you have the headlights on. And yes, including the section on the boot. Here's pic for ref. When you hit the brakes, they get brighter and of course, the 3rd brake lights kick in. Not to mention the Dynamic Brake Light System which flashes.

Ennui,

Thanks for confirming this. My vehicle definitely has the light problem then. And, the dynamic braking light doesn't show any flashing signs...Does it flashes when you hit on the break?

As you can see in the pictures attached, it is so obvious that the rear light is not functioning.

Ennui78;477801 said:

How do we know the Dynamic Brake Light System kicks in?? I was told it works during hard braking at speed above 80km/hr.

Dynamic Brake Lights comes with all LCI models.

When you brake strongly, the brake lights will flash(just like F1 cars!). Once the car has decelerated, the hazard warning lights is activated and the brake lights light up without flashing.

The hazard lights will be disable when you accelerate again or you can switched off manually.

Top Bottom