rattling and vibrating issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hcl

Club Guest
Dear Forumers and tech experts,I picked up my 325 sports about 2 weeks ago from AB, and after a few days of driving , a lot of rattling and vibrations are coming from all 4 door panels, including the panel behind the headrest of the rear passengers. This is especially evident when turning into upper or lower ground areas, seems like when the chasis is twisted, the sounds are loudest. IS this normal on the 325? as I am assuming the chasis on this sport model could be stiffer, thus causing the rattling. what can be done about it? Please advise, thanks in advance

Start by getting the rubber linings between the doors greased.

See if it's still sound bad...

I don't have a single rattle in my 1 1/2 year old 325i Sports, and I pump my tyres very hard to 36/40 psi. It's NOT normal and you should complain.

thanks guys, i m just a little disappointed cos its really that bad...it sounds like the car is falling apart. This happens when i drive through rough patches of roads too, I took the car to AB last weekend and a technician went for a drive with me, he said this happens to all the bmws cos of the plastics reacting to the heat in malaysia! i was shocked when i heard the reply, he said just bring the car back and they will insulate the panels, so this got me thinking...insulating the doors will stop the rattling??? isnt that for people wiht big sound systems so they deanden the doors?? I also have another german car, and it defintiely does not have plastics that react to the malaysian heat...

Don't accept that hcl. You've bought a premium priced car, and it should be premium. It seems like their stock response to any problem is that "it's normal for BMWs". We'll IT"S NOT! I don't have all the common ailments described in this forum such as rattling doors, wierd noises and oil consumption, so why should you?

Schwepps, i m just a little tied up at work so i dont have the time to fire back at them cos i dont want additional headache these few days. Also disappointed with the service here, they treat you like the king before the purchase, taking delivery, they gave me half of 1/4 tank fuel..is this normal also? where I come from it will always be a full tank without fail.

I think my SA gave me RM20 to pump myself. :) So what the hell, but a rattling German car is not acceptable. German cars are supposed to be teutonic, solid, the best. You should have insisted that technician take you out in a demo car immediately and ask him to repeat his words that your car is normal. :wink:

Thanks al ot Schwepps, I ll bring the car in as soon as I have some time, i do agree, german cars are suppose to be solid. I ll see what their response is. . Even a friend who sat in my car today asked how long i ve had the car...he said it sounds like its more than 10 years

If you bought your car new. They can put on teflon tape on the door frame to rectify this. They should know what to do if it's a new E90 with warranty.

If not you can grease the door seal rubbers. For my case, I just use the cloth still wet with leather conditioner whih I apply on the leather seats every 2-3months after treating my seat. No sound anymore, and it's pretty lasting.

The sound is there is because your door is designed & made so that they are tightly seal. When rubber ages, it's not that lubricative, so the annoying noise will come.

If u get urself a Japanese car with the gap & tolerance is bigger, so u hv no such issues.

Agree with Vroom on this. Get AB to apply the teflon bodytape. Had the same issues with my 320d and it went away after they did the bodytape.

this is a common issue for all sports model with the high gloss shadowline. just go to any BMW dealership, and get them to apply the 'bodytape'. it is like a small thin layer of selotape applied on the surface of the rubber on the inner part of the door.

My cup holder on the front passenger side rattles when driven over very rough tarmac / pavers. I think it can be fixed / tightened but not sure how. Will the dealer entertain this? 2 year warranty just finished. still on the BSRI.

the car is now with AB, we will see how they rectify the issue. Hats off to the service adviser, great service and knew exactly how it should be handled. I have heard numerous people complain about vibrations and other issues with their cars, is it really assembled that badly??

BMW Malaysia is quite aware of these problems. How could they not be? These issues seem to affect a disproportionately large number of people.

mine is cracking, rattling, vibrating, whatever u want to call it, all over the place...lol...truly disappointed. Will be picking it up from AB later. we ll see

Yes, please keep us posted when you collect the car. My car is going in tomorrow morning - similar issues.

Top Bottom