Problems with BMW service and part guarantee

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

syaper

Club Guest
Dear fellow BMW clubmembers,I have a problem and this really frustrates me. The BMW centre in PJ (near former Jaya Supermarket) whom I bought my 528i was guaranteeing to repair and replace all parts in the first year of ownership.My car front light was broken and this center and their guys have been giving story after story for four months. Repair with some parts and it didn't fit. And then I was told that the parts was to be imported. Told me it will come mid July, then end August. Now he tells me parts have arrived and waiting to provide courtesy car so that he can take my BMW for repair. Sometimes, he does not pick up my calls and sometimes, he calls me back and sometimes, he does not.It is worst than owning a Toyota. If you have Toyota, these sort of problems will not happen. I regret buying a BMW.Can someone tell who and how to complain. Any address, fax or e-mail addres that I write to or any office that I can visit to complain (bang tables??).I just feel that this BMW dealer in PJ is a con artist (lou chin).Many thanks.

Yes. Not sure what to do. They are so good at playing taichi, giving me story after story.

i don't really understand ..your car front light was broken and why u need to repair it...change it will do...it was broken because you hit something or what?? i still don't get the clear picture here...personally i don;t think Quill is that lousy...

"Broken" as in pecah? like tyre kena punctured by nail, u can't claim for a new tyre la.

And what is "BMW service and part guarantee" ??!! Never heard before.. are you referring to:

1) new car "warranty" which covers 2 years or 60k km which ever comes first for manufacturer's defects, or

2) BSRI = "BMW Service and Repair Inclusive", which only covers for a handful of wear&tear items for 3 years or 60k km which ever comes first..??

BSRI: http://bmw.com.my/com/en/general/bmwowners/after_sales/bmw_serviceinclusive.html

It is a brand new car. Guarantee repair and replace parts for first year. In an accident with a motorcycle, the front light was broken. And they were supposed to repair and replace it, everything free. But this guy has been giving me the run around for the last 4 months, telling me one story after another.

This is the first time I am hearing BMW's dealer offering Guarantee repair & replace parts (inclusive of accident claim) for the 1st year.

Yes. It was supposed to be a worry free arrangement. During the first year, if the car is lost or stolen, they will replace it with a new one.

The sales talk was great. Now, when it comes to execution, it is crappy. All sort of stories. Old parts did not fit. Need to import parts. Part will come end July, then change to end August, then mid Sept. Now, I don't know what is the story. Even if you import the parts from Falklands, it would have arrived already.

To be honest, the deal sounds very strange to us in this forum. Never heard BMW would replace a stolen vehicle or repair accident damage for free! Don't think its in their capacity to made such an offer....

syaper;674962 said:
Yes. It was supposed to be a worry free arrangement. During the first year, if the car is lost or stolen, they will replace it with a new one.

The sales talk was great. Now, when it comes to execution, it is crappy. All sort of stories. Old parts did not fit. Need to import parts. Part will come end July, then change to end August, then mid Sept. Now, I don't know what is the story. Even if you import the parts from Falklands, it would have arrived already.

What you have mentioned above sounds like the salesman is giving you the free arrangement in his own capacity.

I would suggest that you go to Quill, settle this matter with the salesman together with Quill management.

Was there a black & white on the "arrangement". How do they replace a stolen car at their cost when the car was sold and registered to the new owner's name? Which insurance company is stupid enough to issue such policy? Meaning u don't have to buy insurance for the car lor? Insurance reimbursement beneficiary is who? Quill? How is it even possible unless Quill is still the owner? What about bank, the financier, is there a loan taken to finance the car? Under Quill's name? Quill pays for road tax too? leasing program? U are "leasee"? Quill the "leasor"? With option for ownership transfer end of tenor? Your installment or lease installment pay to Quill every month?

How to get such coverage? I also want.. :4:

Maybe the sales person made these promises just to get the sales. You know our Malaysian salesman can promise all sort of shit when they sell :( anyway it's best to go back to Quill and settle it with the management like what Herbert says but don't put high hopes that you will get a replacement for something you damaged yourself.

syaper;674761 said:
Dear fellow BMW clubmembers,

I have a problem and this really frustrates me. The BMW centre in PJ (near former Jaya Supermarket) whom I bought my 528i was guaranteeing to repair and replace all parts in the first year of ownership.

My car front light was broken and this center and their guys have been giving story after story for four months. Repair with some parts and it didn't fit. And then I was told that the parts was to be imported. Told me it will come mid July, then end August. Now he tells me parts have arrived and waiting to provide courtesy car so that he can take my BMW for repair. Sometimes, he does not pick up my calls and sometimes, he calls me back and sometimes, he does not.

It is worst than owning a Toyota. If you have Toyota, these sort of problems will not happen. I regret buying a BMW.

Can someone tell who and how to complain. Any address, fax or e-mail addres that I write to or any office that I can visit to complain (bang tables??).

I just feel that this BMW dealer in PJ is a con artist (lou chin).

Many thanks.

syaper,
Many forummers here are infact correct. Why would an insurance co or even BMW replace something for free which is your fault? In this case you need to pay some excess fee or perhaps loading. Like someone here said no insurance co is so reckless to pay for someone's fault. Something have to give whether your insurance or the third party's (if it is his fault like you mentioned here-sounds like hit and run to me)

BMW Quill I think is trying to be polite with you. They can always decline your requests as they dont have to and they are not obliged except for perhaps fitting the parts or repair within reasonable costs.

BTW from what I saw in other forums Japs SC are even worse and sometimes cut corners too e.g HOnda SC where they used local or non-genuine parts as opposed to ori Honda parts. Go search other forums such as autoworld.

Cheers.

with mere 5 post and we are here with another saga ....if your problem solved what is the best you could do for BMWCM ...can sponsor our AD ka ?? :)

I guess he has replaced his broken headlight by now. Maybe not at Quill.

zib;676062 said:
I guess he has replaced his broken headlight by now. Maybe not at Quill.

Wah! Who else willing to change his light for free?!

Greetings and a good day to you syaper.

Best you proceed to the Newbie Section 1st and do a self intro as per forum rules if you have not done so. .....

Cheers.

In my humble opinion, there could be a possibility that the owner took up insurance provided by BMW Malaysia via Quill as an agent. So manufacturer - BMW, insurance provider - BMW, so guarantee repair and replacement.

I was informed of such arrangement as well when I signed my docs, ie, get a new car within 12mths of ownership if the car is stolen, lost, totalled, via Allianz insurance..
searched and came up with this past article from paultan that confirms the fact
http://paultan.org/2009/09/28/bmw-g...rk-closer-on-insurance-and-warranty-products/
but I don't think it covers guarantee repair for self inflicted minor injuries though (I could be wrong)....

Top Bottom