5 Series Door Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Left my car at AB Glenmarie this morning. Took this evening. They told me they changed all the rubber linings and apply the relevant lubricant at all four doors to avoid any future squeking sound. Let's see how it would turn out the next few days. Fingers crossed ... :eek:k:

Left my car at AB Glenmarie this morning. Took this evening. They told me they changed all the rubber linings and apply the relevant lubricant at all four doors to avoid any future squeking sound. Let's see how it would turn out the next few days. Fingers crossed ...

Any luck with the squeaking sound ? Did the changing of the new rubber linings and lubricant solves the problem ?

I have the same problem with my e39. Decided to just wind down the window abit. The squeaking sound can be very annoying at times.

Originally posted by jchan@Mar 14 2006, 11:18 AM
Left my car at AB Glenmarie this morning. Took this evening. They told me they changed all the rubber linings and apply the relevant lubricant at all four doors to avoid any future squeking sound. Let's see how it would turn out the next few days. Fingers crossed ...

Any luck with the squeaking sound ? Did the changing of the new rubber linings and lubricant solves the problem ?

I have the same problem with my e39. Decided to just wind down the window abit. The squeaking sound can be very annoying at times.
ichan, I took the car back the other day. AB said they changed all 4 doors rubber lining and applied the lubricant and adjusted the closing distance. So far, no problem. But I noticed the door sound is a bit different for the front doors and the rear doors when shutting them. Front doors sounded very nicely when you close but the back if you close a little harder it gave a hard sound, not the kind like the front. I can live with it as long as it doesn't give me that squeking sound. I'd have to monitor next couple of weeks to see really it disappeared.
Hope yours would be alright. You sounded you have different problem. Yours could be the window rubber lining and not the door. Pls ask your mechanic abt it or AB. I'm no expert ....

Top Bottom