Problem with..... CATS..!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kinobeano

Club Guest
Hi, you guys might find this topic funny but believe me, it is not.Lately there have been some stray cats climbing my car at night to laze around or sleep on top of the roof. Even my other car, a Toyota Alphard, which is almost double the height of the BMW, is not spared..The cat ( or cats ) will leave behind some paw marks on the windscreen and roof and they also shred a lot of hair.Occasionally they are traces of vomit and on one case, the Alphard got SHIT also ma...Question : How to deter the cats from getting up your car roof ?? I was told that there is such a thing as "cat-repellent" or "cat-spray" that can be applied or sprayed to the roof that produces some kind of smell that would chase away the cats, but never found one.I tried putting a big ( real big ) teddy bear on the car roof and it worked for a while. Then I guess the cats got smart and figured out that its just a stuff toy and they came back.. Thought I was clever....I have another method, but that would probably get me into trouble with the RSCPA.So...., come on guys, any recommendations??

They are afraid of water. Try spraying water at them when they are there?

If I DO see those cats on my roof, definitely I will shoo them away..
These sessions happened overnight lah..

Sometimes they will leave scratch marks on the paint, but can be polished off.

This happened to a friend's car. One day he found scratch marks on the top of his car roof but was puzzled since it waa the roof of the car but he used to park his car under a tree. One day, his neighbor saw a dog climbed on top and tried to catch some birds roosting on the tree above... And the paint is slippery, the dog trying to balance. I can only imagine it like some Tom and Jerry cartoon.

kinobeano;790347 said:
Hi, you guys might find this topic funny but believe me, it is not.
Lately there have been some stray cats climbing my car at night to laze around or sleep on top of the roof.
Even my other car, a Toyota Alphard, which is almost double the height of the BMW, is not spared..
The cat ( or cats ) will leave behind some paw marks on the windscreen and roof and they also shred a lot of hair.
Occasionally they are traces of vomit and on one case, the Alphard got SHIT also ma...

Question : How to deter the cats from getting up your car roof ??

I was told that there is such a thing as "cat-repellent" or "cat-spray" that can be applied or sprayed to the roof that produces some kind of smell that would chase away the cats, but never found one.

I tried putting a big ( real big ) teddy bear on the car roof and it worked for a while. Then I guess the cats got smart and figured out that its just a stuff toy and they came back.. Thought I was clever....

I have another method, but that would probably get me into trouble with the RSCPA.

So...., come on guys, any recommendations??

A rather interesting topic. I'm just a newbie here but perhaps some of these products might help. Perhaps you can "FELIAWAY" your problems. A friend abroad used this product and the felines stopped bothering this ride.....Check out the link: http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2768983

I feel your predicament...had the same issue before on my Honda Accord. Tainted with cat's paws, scratch and sticky body fluid. Tried many thing like shooing it off, made a comfy box for it to sleep etc, but eventually it still prefer my car. My dilemma stopped when the cat died of natural cause...In your case looks like siva74's suggestion looks the best...or you need to cover the car = hassle. All the best and hope some of the sifu's here can help solve this feline problem.

Try this...mix lime juice w water n spray across car roof...cats do not like lime...

nevets;790418 said:
Try this...mix lime juice w water n spray across car roof...cats do not like lime...

That sounds a bit acidic isn't it..
Wont this mixture leave some tainted mark or even spoil the paintwork?

We face the same problem at home in Kuching however when I only feed them at the back of the house and provide shelter they will shift their area of lepak/sleep

I understand your feeling bro.... My neighbours cats keep on leaving prints on all my cars... Up to the point I can't even "shoo" them away anymore coz they are so used to it...

This one cat just showed its ignorance on my car when I keep on "shoo"-ing it.....*big sigh*

IMG_6406_zps06099bdb.jpg

@kino ...keep a dog ..OR search around japanese web site where there sell somesort of sonic wave device that keeps cat away ...

but how if "PUSSY" comes to your house ??

andrewk;790445 said:
Go to Daiso. They sell cat repellent for RM5.

Chemical repellents will work bests. Anybody highlighted to the owners? You guys a very tolerant..

anaksarawak;790442 said:
We face the same problem at home in Kuching however when I only feed them at the back of the house and provide shelter they will shift their area of lepak/sleep

These are stray cats. Not my cats. I have 6 cats of my own, all educated and in good behavior.

Andrewk, where is Daiso?

I have given up on them cats having to sleep on the roof of my rides.

Now I have to content with birds having their 'tea time' on my roof as well. They bring along the fruits from the flowers and stains the whole roof with the sap of it.

Are you guys sure the 'cat repellent' stuffs won't bring harm to the car paint?

Bro, Daiso is a japanese discount store that sells items at rm5 each. There are 9 stores in malaysia so far.
From your signature you are from seremban. Dont think there is one in seremban. Nearest is you have to come up to KayEll or down to Johor
■One Utama-LG308E / Lower Ground Floor- 03-77241396
■Sunway Pyramid- Lot LG 2.65, Lower Ground Two. Tel: 603- 7492 0631
■Centre Point Sabah- Tel 088- 236 530
■Johor Bahru Tel 07- 238 7989
■IOI Mall Tel 03- 8076 3806
■The Curve Tel 03-7729 3216
■Sabah One Borneo Tel 088- 488 633

NKTOB;790475 said:

Now I have to content with birds having their 'tea time' on my roof as well. They bring along the fruits from the flowers and stains the whole roof with the sap of it.

Ask the cats to eat the birds laa...

NKTOB;790475 said:

Are you guys sure the 'cat repellent' stuffs won't bring harm to the car paint?

One time I saw a bird eating sotong on top of my roof. Bloody 'sotong' fluid ate into the paint and left a stain.

Top Bottom