Pre Owned E90 CKD year 2009 has any problems?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fizz1303

Hai BMW Lovers,

I'm having an attention on purchasing a Pre Owned 320i (CKD) E90 year 2009 with Auto Bavaria (80k KM mileage) and NO warranty anymore but its a good bargain upon the price and from the trusted dealers too for me and plus its a CKD cars.

But i'm quit concern hearing that E90 with 80k mileage above often having a Gearbox aka Transmission problems?.

Does anybody on this groups with a CKD production having this problems?.

P/s Also heard, a gearbox problems is often occurs on UNREG. cars. Due to production for oversea market are based on theirs weathers, Roads Condition and gas (petrol/diesel)?. Their roads are better than us and as far as i know, their gas also a high quality too, above than our RON 97, so.. due to this matter when the cars are imported to here and be a unregistered cars so the problems arise, a client who bought it here use a RON 95 and that's BMW 'minds' that been setting for there's market is in shock n the problems arise?. Does anybody agree with this..

e90 and e60 share the same auto gear box i.e. ZF6HP19. This auto gearbox whether the car is CKD or CBU encounter the infamous "gear slam" and/or jerking when slowing down. The solution is to replace the 7 pieces mechactronics solenoids (about RM 1.5k for 7 pieces).

Hi Herbert,
Thanks for that.. rm1.5k (omg). This is what I'm concern and also quit afraid that what people said regards BMW (Byk Mkn Wang) lol. But in a positive way, its gain pleased to everyone whom owned or just looking. So Herbert or anybody, how to detect thats infamous aka slow jerking problem to this car that I want to bought? .. can I ask the dealer to gave me some black n white check?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

There is no way to check the "infamous gear slam" other than to have an experienced mechanic test drive the car and thereafter plug in the diagnosis tester to do a thorough electronics & mechanical test. It guess it was a bad design of 3 of the 7 ZF solenoids (the 3 green ones now replaced with improved 3 blue ones) which caused the gear slam/jerking.

Buying a used whether it is a BMW or any continental/local made car, one need to put aside some $$$ for replacement of wear & tear components. It is somewhat true that people are concerned about the high maintenance of BMW and the same can be said for other continental makes such as Merc, Audi, VW as these are performance car. If your concern is about spending $$$ to maintain the car, perhaps you should consider buying a new BMW as it comes with 5 years unlimited mileage warranty + free scheduled service.

most of the guys here are more into the preventive maintenance (they change before anything happens, before recommended intervals etc). better not wait until it fails.......if u have the means la....

Top Bottom