Power chip for F10 520i? Any recommendations?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ml5775

Club Guest
Hi all,I've recently acquired myself a brand new F10 520i due to temptation from the looks and the technology that made it. It was just a sudden purchase and I didnt have the time to find out more, other than opinions from some friends and the salesman. Overall, the car is pretty damn good and there are many things to play around with, like the Comfort Access Package, paddle shift m-sport steering, connected drive, dynamic damping control, and many more toys.However, after reading many of their brochures and marketing materials on how smart, economical, efficient, and powerful their new N20B20 engine, i simply took the plunge and bought myself one. The earliest stock that they could get their hands on was a 520i, so i just took it. I wouldnt say that i'm regretting, but a little disappointed. However smart and efficient the engine is, even with the 8-speed paddle shift gearbox, I find the power and acceleration is just too weedy. Yes, I know it may be more than enough for most people, but having an E46 330i at home, I cant help but still drive the old car most of the time. Even my wife's Lexus RX350 feels so much more powerful.So, here comes my question. Can anyone recommend any good power chips to boost the power? Of course I'm not expecting the same performance as my 330i, but at least 200-220hp would be great. I dont want to void my warranty by replacing turbos, or any major modifications. I know I should have waited and get myself a 528i instead, but its too late now, and I dont want to trade in or change the car. It has been only a month of ownership, and I'm looking for more power. My 330i gave me satisfaction for over 2 years before I started to upgrade the engine power, and that was purely for the fun of it, as the stock power was more than enough during everyday use.Any other recommendations and how I can squeeze more oomph from the car? I hope the "tai kors" of this great forum can help me out.

ml5775;735152 said:
Hi all,
I've recently acquired myself a brand new F10 520i due to temptation from the looks and the technology that made it. It was just a sudden purchase and I didnt have the time to find out more, other than opinions from some friends and the salesman. Overall, the car is pretty damn good and there are many things to play around with, like the Comfort Access Package, paddle shift m-sport steering, connected drive, dynamic damping control, and many more toys.

Out of topic, just curious, does the current F10 520i has Conform Access package ?

Pardon me, didn't know that 520i comes with m sport steering
c/w paddle shifts? Is that a newly added feature? Mine don't
have wor..

Didn't know that they had dynamic damping control too. I have always thought that for Malaysia it is only reserved for the 535i. One option that BMW Malaysia had always been depriving us Malaysians with. VDC = the difference between a brilliant drive vs an OK drive.

Mine was a specially ordered unit supposed to be heading for Brunei but a last minute cancellation gave me the opportunity. That was the main reason I had to confirm immediately without much thought about the engine. Its a CBU unit and directly arranged by BMW Malaysia, with all these optionals..... thats a very big temptation, which i couldnt resist.

Now, really in need of more power.....

ml5775;735296 said:
Mine was a specially ordered unit supposed to be heading for Brunei but a last minute cancellation gave me the opportunity. That was the main reason I had to confirm immediately without much thought about the engine. Its a CBU unit and directly arranged by BMW Malaysia, with all these optionals..... thats a very big temptation, which i couldnt resist.

Now, really in need of more power.....

Would you be able to confirm with your SA that any special order unit is possible ? Of course with additional cost.

According to my SA, its not advisable to special order as the total cost of a 520i would cost much more than a 528i and the wait time range from 3 months to a year depending on availability. Mine was lucky because it was specially ordered with that spec and it was cancelled when it was in transit. BMW Malaysia was notified and being offered the unit, thus giving me this rare opportunity. Wasnt even thinking of getting an F10 in the first place, until I was offered such a special deal. I cant reveal the actual price I paid, but all i can say is that it was slightly lower than a CKD 528i.

Anyone can give me advice on the power?

Top Bottom