Planning to buy a recond 320i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shankar_93

Club Guest
greeting guys, i am planning to get a recond 320i 05/06which is going about rm150-rm160k.can i know hows the mantainance cost for this model ? i really have no experience on bmw"s. rather then auto bavaria, can you"ll recommend me a good workshop around kl.thanks in advance guys.

Hi shankar,
First of all, i m not an expert, but i own E46 year 2005 and just sold it few month ago. My question to you, why you choose recond ? is't because of low int ? base on your infor, is nearly 5 years old car. I got alot friend own this E90 320, the engine is almost similar to my E46 318. all of us found it this is not a good car. It will cost you a lot money on maintainnance. I suggest you look for pre-register from AB now there sell it very cheap less than 200k with free service, 60k km warranty...peace of mind my friend atleast for 2 or 3 year. With RM 160k, you can get around CKD year 2007 or even 2008.
My final word, if you are heavy user, 3km above monthly, better don't buy BMW

Hi whteknight88,
Sorry i not mean to hurt you, just share my exp only. You bought new beemer E90 320? If ya, then is ok. Atleast you got the warranty and free service. My SA from AB and outside mechanic told me same thing that 325 model less problem. May be BMW only famous on their 6 cylinder engine. Now days the E90 320i totaly cant compare with Mercedes C200 CGI or Audi A4 1.8, you can study the fact. May be we have to wait till new Beemer on 2012 with new engine.

There's always more than 1 way to skin a cat, same as own a BMW.. :D

High usage is not a problem.. in fact the more u need a BMW as it will keep you safe and on time.. :wink:

mine's a E92 325i recond wan.... but wat's the point of owning a car n not driving it frequently ? dun care la.... drive & enjoy 1st, worry later :p

whiteknight88;585727 said:
mine's a E92 325i recond wan.... but wat's the point of owning a car n not driving it frequently ? dun care la.... drive & enjoy 1st, worry later :p

I fully agree with this statement. Which is why I can't stand people driving around with plastic on their seats :D Did you buy the car for yourself or what?

jamonkhoo;585614 said:
Hi shankar,
First of all, i m not an expert, but i own E46 year 2005 and just sold it few month ago. My question to you, why you choose recond ? is't because of low int ? base on your infor, is nearly 5 years old car. I got alot friend own this E90 320, the engine is almost similar to my E46 318. all of us found it this is not a good car. It will cost you a lot money on maintainnance. I suggest you look for pre-register from AB now there sell it very cheap less than 200k with free service, 60k km warranty...peace of mind my friend atleast for 2 or 3 year. With RM 160k, you can get around CKD year 2007 or even 2008.

i choose to buy a recond as its going for only about rm160k compared to a new 1 that is going for about rm238k. so a pre-registered 320i 07/08 from Ab is going for about rm 160 ? rather then the warranty, can i know what are the benefits of getting a pre registered car compared to a recond ?
btw, hows the milage on this pre-registered cars.

thanks in advance bro

mizhan;585997 said:
don't bother with 4 pots, unless they're diesels :)

What else can we expect from someone who has an 8 pots? :)

Power is never enough, even the //M3 is going super charged to get 700hp.. :eek:

Like me, driving a 4-pot, can still enjoy all the curves and sweepers, and still has plenty of throttle room.. :wink:

shankar_93;585937 said:
i choose to buy a recond as its going for only about rm160k compared to a new 1 that is going for about rm238k. so a pre-registered 320i 07/08 from Ab is going for about rm 160 ? rather then the warranty, can i know what are the benefits of getting a pre registered car compared to a recond ?
btw, hows the milage on this pre-registered cars.

When I shopped around the advice I was given was any BMW with a complete service record is far more valuable than one without a service record. Nothing against a recond BMW but they typically don't come with any records compared to used ones.

Good luck.

astroboy;585695 said:
There's always more than 1 way to skin a cat, same as own a BMW.. :D

High usage is not a problem.. in fact the more u need a BMW as it will keep you safe and on time.. :wink:

Yes totally agree. I have seen an e90 wreckage, the front is totally crumpled, engine collapsed, rear was smashed also but the cabin is intact. The driver and passengers were ok. So definitely, this is a very safe car.

As for recond or pre-reg car, the pre-reg (mileage is usually below 10k kms, some even as low as few hunder kms only) is rather newer than the recond one. So, the wear and tear is much less and you are taking less risks than getting a recond where you really do not knwo the history of the car at all.

Good Luck in your search shanker

jamonkhoo;585614 said:
Hi shankar,

I drive around 5k a month without any problems. Mine is 320 4 potter.

clocked 3k/month, so far so fantastic to drive ;) get the 'D' monster, u won't regret just my 2 cents :)

shankar ....

there are loads of pre reg car available in AB, quill and ingress... cheaper around 20 k ++ from the retail price due to year end. zero mileage with warranty plus free services. in addition low interest rate as its consider as new car.

Just consider this option while making the decision.

in Quill & AB, 325 pre-reg kurg lebih 270-275K. I know this as I just bought 320i from Quill a month ago.

Like astroboy said, 320i is fun to drive; as I'm not into racing and stuff. just day to day driving...:)

211+ as it is premium selection. You may visit AB glenmarie or Quill Pj as they have huges selection of pre-reg car

Top Bottom