Philips Crystal Vision H1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Vanquish

Club Guest
Guys,I just changed my headlights bulbs to the Phillips Diamond Vision H1. Looks pretty nifty for the price. Now, I am thinking of using the Crystal Vision 4300K for my fogs. Currently using a pair of Hella original fogs ... can I replace the current bulbs with the Crystal Vision or wud these bulbs damage the reflectors due to the higher Kelvins rating ?Appreciate your input ...Cheers,

No problem with that. Kelvin is only the color "temperature" ie. warm / cool tones, and has nothing to do with the actual heat. As long as the bulbs are standard 55-watt, the heat from the bulb is pretty much the same as stock.

I use the Diamond Vision in my e30 fogs and I know some forummers use them in the e36 fogs too.

Thanks for the quick input, Koryong ...

Shud have grabbed another box of the Diamond Vision at Eng Soon the other day. Price was much cheaper than what the shops here are selling it for. Must go into SIN this weekend already!!!!

sorry..hijack for some queries:

using stock headlamps on E36..find them a tad not so bright...will the much-touted Phillips diamond vision ones improve them?..

anyway, is there a thread somewhere on the different types of H-XX bulb comparisions?..

thanx guys!!

Bro ...

Tried both the Crystal and Diamond Vision. If you want better light throw and less of the blueish tinge, stick to the Crystal Visions. The Diamond Vision's light throw is not as good but it looks almost like HIDs at the 1st glance.

You can find em both and the entry level Phillips at Eng Soon.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Jun 10 2005, 12:21 PM
Bro ...

Tried both the Crystal and Diamond Vision. If you want better light throw and less of the blueish tinge, stick to the Crystal Visions. The Diamond Vision's light throw is not as good but it looks almost like HIDs at the 1st glance.

You can find em both and the entry level Phillips at Eng Soon.
bro,

thanx..but the last thing i want is the stupid bluish tint!!..hahhah.. crystal vision bulbs sounds like WHITE light eh?..i just want a stronger beam, a little brighter than the stock ones..which seem yellowish!..

thanx for ur advice man!..

cheers!

Then you won't go wrong with the Crystal Visions, bro. My DVs are nice but found out that the light throw/spread is not as good as the CVs though they look really cool. Oh well !

Originally posted by Vanquish@Jun 10 2005, 01:31 PM
My DVs are nice but found out that the light throw/spread is not as good as the CVs though they look really cool. Oh well !
The DVs are indeed nice & white, but not bright. The brightness or amount of light (measured in lumens) is actually similiar to the regular yellow light. It's the "white-ness" that makes it appear bright.

If you want white & bright & spread & throw ? HID, HID, HID ..... :D :D

Yeah ... so the higher the Kelvin ratings, the lower the Lumens will be, rite ? Yeah ... the DVs are a stop gap measures. HIDs are definitely in the pipeline. Now must get my ICE settled in first ..

Towards the end of Serangoon Road. Just after the Bendameer School. Corner shop on the right hand side. Go look for Jason. PM me for the prices la ... promised him I won't flog the prices all over the place.

Cheers,

Top Bottom