Octane Booster

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
herbert;629685 said:
Guys,

Shell V-Power Racing and RON 97 are now selling for RM2.90 per litre and RM 2.70 per litre respectively. A friend of mine suggested adding a can of Octane booster into full tank of RON 95. Anyone has been using octance booster and if so, what are pros & cons.

Cheers

I have it from a reliable source that by Feb 2012, RON 97 will sell for RM3.40 if crude prices hover around $110 - 130 a barrell. RON95, will go to about RM2.20.....

Time to find ways to make use of coconut and gingerly oil my fren.....

what kind of actane booster where can i get it?how much is it?

I think there must be some truth about Octane boosters. Perhaps someone can explain what it really is scientifically? I would think it's some sort of additive so that upon mixing with our fuel, it gives extra RON levels? I really don't know and I tried looking for ABRO octane booster in Giant Ampang Point and ACE Mid Valley with no luck. All I can see is Preston 0 to 60 booster and some other brands which I didn't buy :p

Apiz;654628 said:
what kind of actane booster where can i get it?how much is it?

Apiz,

Before you tembak any questions (which is quite rampant from you), please kindly read through all the pages in this thread and you will get your answers.

Thanks

aoch88;654648 said:
I think there must be some truth about Octane boosters. Perhaps someone can explain what it really is scientifically? I would think it's some sort of additive so that upon mixing with our fuel, it gives extra RON levels? I really don't know and I tried looking for ABRO octane booster in Giant Ampang Point and ACE Mid Valley with no luck. All I can see is Preston 0 to 60 booster and some other brands which I didn't buy :p

Aoch88,

I am surprised you can't find Abro octance booster from GIANT & ACE. Perhaps our fellow members after reading this thread went out to purchase all the quantities. Having used Abro for few months now with satisfactory results, we are buying directly from the importer by cartons (1 carton 12 bottles) which works out to be RM 10.00 per bottle (retail at RM 13.99 per bottle).

I guess if you want to know scientifically how octance booster works, you may have to a bit research from the web. Do share with us your findings as I am sure others would be keen to know as well.

Bro Herbert, I finally found some ABRO octane booster from ACE in Sunway Pyramid. I went to jalan-jalan and manage to spot a few bottles but they are RM15.50 each (kena potong) but no choice :) I'll try it out and buy in cartons like you guys if it works well.

Hi There,
The below is my experience on Octane to share with you all,

The Ocatane i use is Liqui Molly Octane - cost Rm 25, 150ml, each can is for 50 liter fuel. I bought it from Jack's workshop in JB. He promote that this octane can improve the fuel from Ron 95 to 99.

I purposely consume my fuel left till to approximately 8.75 liter. I pour in the Octane first the i pump in the shell 95 last night. The first 10km, there are no diffrent. The next day when i start my journey to Kluang TT via north south highway, in normal & sport mode, i feel no diffrent. However when returning home just after the fuel indicator pass the first gap (Which total 4 gap on the fuel indicator), the feel change.

I can feel the car become very light during accelaration in normal & sport mode and very smooth all the way back to JB. I am not sure why it take so long for the effect to kick in but i will continue to keep on monitoring for the fuel consumption /100km to check if it is really fuel saving or increase the milage. My full tank with Ron 95 = Rm 108 + Rm 25 = Rm 133, If it only can make my ride smoother and with no cost saving or have the same effect as 97 or V power, it stll cheaper. Thus, if anyone have their experience, please do share it out.

I am not sure on the price i pay for the Octane is expensive or cheap and it is because on brand or the quality. I will study & survey the contain and let you guy know if i have any outcome..Cheers and thank for reading!!...

Anthony,

Thanks for your preliminary feedback and hope to hear more from you. We tested quite a number of octane boosters and usually the more reputable ones are more expensive but not necessary better in terms of performance as compared to the lower priced ones (e.g Abro retail @ RM13.99). Do try to pour in 2 bottles for every full tank and feel the difference.

each time i pour in an OCTANE booster ..my car smiles at me .... yehh tried the Abro ones and not bad and comes with a good price tag too ....

sir herbert ...you carry those on ya car booth when ever you go for TT's and Drive ?? can get it on the spot

ICEMAN 13;655297 said:
each time i pour in an OCTANE booster ..my car smiles at me .... yehh tried the Abro ones and not bad and comes with a good price tag too ....

sir herbert ...you carry those on ya car booth when ever you go for TT's and Drive ?? can get it on the spot

wait till you try X1R bro...

mizhan;655299 said:

tried that a long time ago and yehh it gave me a little smile only as it was used while on my 4 potter engine ...have not tested it on the 6 pot ..maybe next thou

mizhan;655299 said:

Mizhan,

what's the price for X1R?

ICEMAN 13;655297 said:

Iceman bro,

Usually I have a carton in my car....can spare you few bottles if you want.

herbert, i believe the retail price is yet to be determined. myself, johnj and few others had the opportunity to try it, FOC, during a trip to the east coast earlier this month. that product works. i wouldn't hesitate to pay even RM20 for it..

Yes this X1R is good man.....it helped me achieve some serious speeds yesterday on my 316i e36.....used it during Terengganu drive and this is my review

Poured full tank @ BHP Karak. Forgot to put X1R!!! The fren who was handing the X1R's out gave me a ear full!!!! Hahahahahaha
Arrived KT with 1/4 tank petrol left
On departure poured in X1R octane booster and also X1R engine treatment and filled up tank. Reached home with a little lesser than 1/2 tank petrol

Almost same distance traveled, remarkable fuel savings. Performance was also improved, so much so I had to brake more which caused my front left brake hose to kapoot..ie snap...hehehehehehehehe

herbert;655306 said:
Mizhan,
Usually I have a carton in my car....can spare you few bottles if you want.

Bro Herbert, where to buy in cartons? :p RM120 for a box of 12 sounds reasonable. Cheaper than constantly pumping RON97

..well..I dont know much about it all..but i do know that car should consume what engineers builted it, recommend, sooooo :) ..

Ecc0;656526 said:
..well..I dont know much about it all..but i do know that car should consume what engineers builted it, recommend, sooooo :) ..

Well, if you followed what BMW engineers specs (example engine & auto transmission gear), replaced lubricant oil every 20K km to 25k km and no need to replace Life Time ATF oil, what happened to the engine/auto gear? Your guess is as good as mine.

Anthony5785;655152 said:
Hi There,
The below is my experience on Octane to share with you all,

The Ocatane i use is Liqui Molly Octane - cost Rm 25, 150ml, each can is for 50 liter fuel. I bought it from Jack's workshop in JB. He promote that this octane can improve the fuel from Ron 95 to 99.

I purposely consume my fuel left till to approximately 8.75 liter. I pour in the Octane first the i pump in the shell 95 last night. The first 10km, there are no diffrent. The next day when i start my journey to Kluang TT via north south highway, in normal & sport mode, i feel no diffrent. However when returning home just after the fuel indicator pass the first gap (Which total 4 gap on the fuel indicator), the feel change.

I can feel the car become very light during accelaration in normal & sport mode and very smooth all the way back to JB. I am not sure why it take so long for the effect to kick in but i will continue to keep on monitoring for the fuel consumption /100km to check if it is really fuel saving or increase the milage. My full tank with Ron 95 = Rm 108 + Rm 25 = Rm 133, If it only can make my ride smoother and with no cost saving or have the same effect as 97 or V power, it stll cheaper. Thus, if anyone have their experience, please do share it out.

I am not sure on the price i pay for the Octane is expensive or cheap and it is because on brand or the quality. I will study & survey the contain and let you guy know if i have any outcome..Cheers and thank for reading!!...

Hi Guys,

Update !!...I make a refill last night, my fuel indicator is on the last gap and indicatil from my Idrive is 10.0 I/100km. I am not sure how accurate is it since the measurement tools i have is only with IDrive. My experiment on SHELL 95 + i bottle 150ml Ocatane, conclude no fuel saving. I don't feel much change on power but only on smoothness during accerlaration. Now i am trying with Petronas 95 + 1 Octane.

By calculation, if 1 bottle is only for 50 liter fuel and my full tank is 70 liter, if the strenght is 100% for 50 Liter, i require to compansate another 40% of Octane for the remain 20 liter, which means extra 60ml inorder to achive the 100% which equavelent of 210ml.

To conclude Herbert advise, what he say is true, put in 2 can of Octane. But by such, it doesn't mean more power but rather the power it suppose to be. In my case, with 70 liter + 2 bottle of octane, i will have remainings of 90ml which still be a question of, will it imporove the power and fuel saving or both ?

Let's look at the fact and not on the feel, the Octane is to bring down the oil tempreture inorder for it to complete the combustion inside the piston chamber (delay combustion till it's hit the spark plug). If for fuel saving, i agree only 50/50 as it actually improve the engine performance by completing it's cycle which mean less consumption of petrol during accerlaration and on the road but also it's depend on the driver's driving style. In order to achive fuel saving, the driver have to ensure there are no energy wastage during the drive. If for additional power, I don't much agree as it is only completing it's combustion cycle as it should be, let's put it in this way, the restoration of the engine performance however it will back to square one if your car stop consuming the Octane.

Octane is equavalent of Vitamin B complex which consist of B1~B12....shall make you momentary UuuHHHHMMMMP !!!! but if you stop, u will feel tired. So, Octane is a fuel supplimentry for car.

Wao!! i cannot realize i write so long oledi....sigh, recently writing alot of operation procedure....Job sickness....

~Thanks for reading! End~

herbert;656555 said:
Well, if you followed what BMW engineers specs (example engine & auto transmission gear), replaced lubricant oil every 20K km to 25k km and no need to replace Life Time ATF oil, what happened to the engine/auto gear? Your guess is as good as mine.

..well..i do believe that what you said make sense, however, most people considering oil change based on KM meter, whats uber wrong..oil change km range is considered that car MOVES..how much car actually just idling with no motion on endless traffic lights ?? Yet, meter shows zero progres and people rely on to that...if you unwrap those idling moments in to motion, im sure clock will easy reach range engineers mentioned, and considering that in that case, car will be in motion, colling will be way better then idling and counting zero km passed...also, I was able to see many times, totally wrong oil used in vehicles, and determination which one is 'correct' was by 'thicker' or 'thinner' oil what makes me laugh...so, its really boiling down on to proper use in which case engineers were right..

Top Bottom