Octane Booster

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Herbert

Guys,Shell V-Power Racing and RON 97 are now selling for RM2.90 per litre and RM 2.70 per litre respectively. A friend of mine suggested adding a can of Octane booster into full tank of RON 95. Anyone has been using octance booster and if so, what are pros & cons.Cheers

E39 already very powerful liao.
think no need for anything other than 95.
total waste of moolah

How much is the Octane Booster? From what I know, it only at half to 1 point of octane per tank, which bring you to 96+/- RON.
Not worth it.

You should try other "cheaper" alternative.

i always use octane booster before meeting up for hills run..If you go eneos try theres a blue aluminum tin OB or bit more expensive torco brand OB..I feel my car is slightly lighter,engine sounds more "dalam"

Actually I was thinking about this too. RON97 and RON95 prices have a huge gap now (90 cents per liter) thanks to our ridiculous government. For every full tank I pump, the difference is around RM60 between these 2 types so I was wondering if I can pump RON 95 and use Octane Booster? Any recommendations on the brand/type to use?

Quite a number of us here use ABRO Octane booster. Currently using ABRO Octane booster and 1 bottle retails at RM13.99 at GIANT & ACE Hardware. Full tank RON 95 add-in 2 bottles of ABRO and car feels like it is running on V-Power Racing. Also it cleans your fuel injectors.

Wow thanks Herbert! I'll certainly try it but no harm done on N53 direct injection engines? I did some google and people always say bad things about octane boosters :( I'm heading to Ace later and try to grab a few bottles to try out.

aoch88;654232 said:
Wow thanks Herbert! I'll certainly try it but no harm done on N53 direct injection engines? I did some google and people always say bad things about octane boosters :( I'm heading to Ace later and try to grab a few bottles to try out.

More info on ABRO octane booster here...http://abro.com/products/automotive/engine-and-fuel-additives/?product=304
If octane booster are bad as what others claimed, ABRO USA will be bankrupt by now knowing what the Americans could do to a company under Class action suit.

I agree herbert. While I truly understand that octane boosters would work to a certain extent, there are just as many articles on google that says otherwise. I've did a search of ABRO octane boosters with BMW engines but there isn't any hit returned. A generic search gives me comments like these :(

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424028

Yup, I've seen the product page upon learning this ABRO from your earlier post. I don't mind trying but I guess long term usage is not recommended? I also read about a 2006 M5 spark plugs screwing up due to octane boosters, lol

Give the octance booster a try and let's hear your feedback. Long term usage not recommended...I really don't know.

Thanks herbert and will do :) I hope it won't kill anything but never try, never know, haha. If it's only spark plugs screwing up then it won't be so bad as HPFP or injectors would cost a lot more. Btw, have you tried the Torco UL Accelerator (octane booster)? Torco is quite a reliable brand. Btw, the website does not state clearly how to use the octane booster. Can I assume I should:

1. Pour in the octane booster first (1 bottle for 70 litres tank)
2. Pump petrol?

Sorry, new to this and thanks for your help :)

Either way of pouring in octance booster is fine. Pour in 2 bottles Abro for 70 litres tank.

johnj;654324 said:
I tried X1R and there was a difference!!

i agree Prez. certainly stronger mid-range punch, and about 60km more distance from a tankful.

i found a fuel booster and its got an insurance if anything go wrong to your car when u use it.

Apiz,

As we are all so passionate with our BMWs, I seriously doubt anyone here will be interested to risk damage to our engines with unproven octance booster. Insurance is by no means a comfort level for me to take such risk.

Posted this video sometime ago, but it's good to know not all octane booster works.

To each his own but it's an interesting idea from Herbert, given the great disparity in prices between RON95 and RON97 :)

Top Bottom