Noisy RFT Tyre, any new tyre suggestions?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kama

Club Guest
Hi guys, just took delivery of used E90 325i yr 2006, everything is in excellent conditon except the road noise from the RFT tyres. Not sure whats the tyre mileage but still had about 1 cm thread. Sounds so loud and harsh it disturbs the audio inside. Thought of changing with normal tyre. Need your guys expert opinion and experience. Thank you.

Change to non-RFTs. Cos all RFTs that I have tried all go noisy when you get down to 50-30% thread left. I had to change 3 sets of RFTs earlier than normal tires.

I also observed that RFTs degrade faster than normal tires despite lower than usual mileage.

hi guys, thanks for the feedback, yes I will most likely go for Michelin PS3, even though RFT is safer to use but sounds too noisy. Also will check up on Conti CS3, which one is better in term of noise, handling and price?

From the reviews the Michelins tend to be better both performance and comfort wise. I'm on Michelins non-RFTs and am enjoying the relative silence :D

kama;625986 said:
hi guys, thanks for the feedback, yes I will most likely go for Michelin PS3, even though RFT is safer to use but sounds too noisy. Also will check up on Conti CS3, which one is better in term of noise, handling and price?

Sound like none RFT tyre vote mostly go to Michelin CS3. Anyone know latest price of the 225/45/R17 320i tyre? I check around Penang region and it's around RM650 each. I want to balance between performance and comfort, in fact i prefect more comfort, any other suggestion?

Change to non-RFT but make sure to have a set of BMW Tyre Repair Kit and keep it in the boot.

I'm using Falken for my 1er almost a year now about 4k KM done, cheap cheap.

seewai;750864 said:
Change to non-RFT but make sure to have a set of BMW Tyre Repair Kit and keep it in the boot.

Sorry, newbie here. Where to get the kit & how much does it cost?

jakpo;750874 said:
Sorry, newbie here. Where to get the kit & how much does it cost?

Slime moblity kit would cost around RM 80 and contact docrayboy..he knows where to get

For bmw mobility kit, it would cost around RM 700.. Can get from bavarian auto or racecraft sunway..

I was told Auto Bavaria also sell Space saver spare wheel (with tool)? Anyone can confirm?

Top Bottom