New LCi 520d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RedzaRed

hello everybody, i just got my car today the new 520d lci model. it was a great car but just wanna ask, is it normal for a new car to feel a bit stiff suspension eventhough in comfort mode? because the test drive car feels more softer n smoother sometimes :O

New car comes with suspension stopper or whatever they call it.. it is for safe transportation purpose and should be removed before delivered to customer. Pls check with your SA.

Driving mode such as eco pro,comfort,comfort +,sport,sport + doesn't effect the suspension for the model F10 in Malaysia.

Don't forget to check your tyre pressure.
Sometimes they are overinflated from the dealer hence the feeling of stiffness.
Also new tyres and new suspension takes a few thousand km to wear in.

okay guys, suspension stopper i think they had remove it. maybe it just to new. need some times for the suspension to be soft i think :) thxx all

i will check the tire pressure tommorow to make sure it is properly inflated. i think only 3 series doesn't come with chassis setup, 5er do have the setup :D

masuzu said:
Driving mode such as eco pro,comfort,comfort +,sport,sport + doesn't effect the suspension for the model F10 in Malaysia.
Are you sure? I beg to differ - both from driving experience and looking at systems settings in INPA during drive mode switch.

Agree with cafee. The modes change the throttle response and suspension. Not sure if the steering is stiffer, can't really feel the difference.

yeap the mode is actually changes the suspension and drivetrain. how to determine whether our car still having the suspension stopper?

RedzaRed said:
hello everybody, i just got my car today the new 520d lci model. it was a great car but just wanna ask, is it normal for a new car to feel a bit stiff suspension eventhough in comfort mode? because the test drive car feels more softer n smoother sometimes :eek:
hye redza,

how is your ride to date? im in limbo between D or i. hope you could help me here with ur first hand experience.

thanks ahead...

safquattro said:
hye redza,

how is your ride to date? im in limbo between D or i. hope you could help me here with ur first hand experience.

thanks ahead...
hye.. For me if u give me choice between 520i and 520d i would prefer the diesel model. Diesel car has higher torque which u can easily overtake aar even ur RPM is low. n it is also fun to drive compare to the 'i' model. The fuel consumption is also superb! 100km/h with rpm only 1500. i can go up to 1150km in single full tank rm123. But if u give me option between 520d n 528i, i might consider the 528i because it has almost the same torque as the diesel and the peak torque has higher range.. But im sure u will enjoy driving the diesel model from BMW. They know how to sycnhronize the gearbox ratio with the engine output available on certain rpm.. U test drive both petrol and diesel n u make ur decision because some people loves petrol because it is high revving car but for me, low-end torque is more important :D
i really enjoy my car now.

RedzaRed said:
hye.. For me if u give me choice between 520i and 520d i would prefer the diesel model. Diesel car has higher torque which u can easily overtake aar even ur RPM is low. n it is also fun to drive compare to the 'i' model. The fuel consumption is also superb! 100km/h with rpm only 1500. i can go up to 1150km in single full tank rm123. But if u give me option between 520d n 528i, i might consider the 528i because it has almost the same torque as the diesel and the peak torque has higher range.. But im sure u will enjoy driving the diesel model from BMW. They know how to sycnhronize the gearbox ratio with the engine output available on certain rpm.. U test drive both petrol and diesel n u make ur decision because some people loves petrol because it is high revving car but for me, low-end torque is more important :D
i really enjoy my car now.
haha...thanks a lot bro...that helps... yeah D for me as well... :rock:

Top Bottom