My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
initialM;663704 said:
Mau bili BMW jgn pikir pasal rdtax, petrol & maintenance. Dula wa selalu belajar sama sifu jgn lokek ini barang. Itu olang putih ala cakap "no replacement for displacement" Wa talak paham apa maksud tapi hantam ikot saja. Tapi wa manyak syokk slalu bole hantam itu keleta. Tapi manyak helan itu BMW cc kecik suka main sama wa. Diaorg ingat wa saja suka2 bayar itu rdtax ka? Haiyah
wa manyak helan worr:burnout:

Wa setuju apa lu cakap..mau pakai MiEmLabelyu mana buleh cc manyak kicik..hamtam satu kali 2.5 atas balu ale kick..lapat blabel banus lg manyak bagut woo..kita mau syiok2 pakai ley...psst...lu pakai cuntchill ahh?

bmw7833;663193 said:
2001 530i now only selling for rm50K+ in market?

http://www.mudah.my/BMW+530i+E39+01-11079992.htm

I had a look at this car, was reduced from 68k to 54k, serviced at M1 Segambut so had a look at the service history... Normal servicing was performed on regular intervals and parts replaced when needed...but...three times radiator assembly has been changed since 2006, once every 2 years. Last time overheated in 2010 it had to be towed to the workshop, but no top overhaul done. Running OK as I took it for a drive before checking the service history.

Performed visual inspection at M1 Segambut, no serious issues, only some wear and tear parts need to be replaced.

Dealer offered 3 month warranty on the radiator but I declined to buy the car in case there are underlying problems.

Nksyoon;664079 said:
I had a look at this car, was reduced from 68k to 54k, serviced at M1 Segambut so had a look at the service history... Normal servicing was performed on regular intervals and parts replaced when needed...but...three times radiator assembly has been changed since 2006, once every 2 years. Last time overheated in 2010 it had to be towed to the workshop, but no top overhaul done. Running OK as I took it for a drive before checking the service history.

Performed visual inspection at M1 Segambut, no serious issues, only some wear and tear parts need to be replaced.

Dealer offered 3 month warranty on the radiator but I declined to buy the car in case there are underlying problems.

Radiator changed every 2 years might not be a bad thing, might means the car is properly looked after by its owner. Would you prefer radiators that has never been changed?

Overheating is common with these cars, if the car was stopped and turned off instantly after the overheating had occured then there might be no further problem. I had this experience earlier this year, and I monitored the coolant temperature closely, and as soon as the temp climbs I stopped at the roadside and wait for a tow truck. Damned expansion tank!

For an engine which had overheated before, what could be the permanent damage like? piston? valve?

will it affect the performance of the engine?

haywire;664133 said:
Radiator changed every 2 years might not be a bad thing, might means the car is properly looked after by its owner. Would you prefer radiators that has never been changed?

Overheating is common with these cars, if the car was stopped and turned off instantly after the overheating had occured then there might be no further problem. I had this experience earlier this year, and I monitored the coolant temperature closely, and as soon as the temp climbs I stopped at the roadside and wait for a tow truck. Damned expansion tank!
It happens to me once that bleeding screw hat severed and coolant rushing out like steam. Temp nvr climb. Only notice some strange sound from engine bay. Buka and steam gushing out.

EL118;664137 said:
For an engine which had overheated before, what could be the permanent damage like? piston? valve?

will it affect the performance of the engine?

Blown head gasket I think

Did major service and parts changed today.

Service with 5,600 km interval with Shell 5W40 synthetic oil
Change Beisan Vanos Seal (part 280 + labour 250,seemed to be higher than other OM)
Change O2 sensor RM326 x 2 + RM30
Change MAF sensor (change although mech said still in perfect condition. car is 9 year old) RM800
Change power steering tank + hoses RM96+118+107
Change water hose +127+136+132
Change throttle hose RM158
Change valve cover gasket + seal RM250

Total cost RM3,678
Cumulative total since taking ownership in May 2011 RM18,661

Total work done to date
- Change body kit + repaint
- Change ATF
- Change fuel pump
- Change expansion tank + hoses + pulley + tensioner + Fan shroud
- Change water pump+ themostat housing + related hoses
- Change Vanos seal, O2 sensor, MAF
- Power steering tank + all hoses

Parts changed by previous owner before i bought over
- Behr Radiator
- Lower + upper arm + absorber mounting
- Front new disc and brake pad

Target makeover almost complete, pending installation of Head unit. Car is in excellent condition now

EL118;665268 said:
Did major service and parts changed today.

Service with 5,600 km interval with Shell 5W40 synthetic oil
Change Beisan Vanos Seal (part 280 + labour 250,seemed to be higher than other OM)
Change O2 sensor RM326 x 2 + RM30
Change MAF sensor (change although mech said still in perfect condition. car is 9 year old) RM800
Change power steering tank + hoses RM96+118+107
Change water hose +127+136+132
Change throttle hose RM158
Change valve cover gasket + seal RM250

Total cost RM3,678
Cumulative total since taking ownership in May 2011 RM18,661

Total work done to date
- Change body kit + repaint
- Change ATF
- Change fuel pump
- Change expansion tank + hoses + pulley + tensioner + Fan shroud
- Change water pump+ themostat housing + related hoses
- Change Vanos seal, O2 sensor, MAF
- Power steering tank + all hoses

Parts changed by previous owner before i bought over
- Behr Radiator
- Lower + upper arm + absorber mounting
- Front new disc and brake pad

Target makeover almost complete, pending installation of Head unit. Car is in excellent condition now

Wow! thats all i can say..you have done almost every single preventive measures for your UDM..i'm sure yr ride is as good as new and the money spent on her is worthwhile..salute

We did a direct group buy, so the price is cheaper for the Beisan Vanos seals. Mechs normally marks up parts so that is expected. Valve cover gasket + seals is only RM120 if you buy direct from Bavarian Auto.

I see you've done quite a few items on the car, but how is the suspension + underbody arms and bushes? Are these in good condition? Just changed some of mine today...

haywire;665271 said:
We did a direct group buy, so the price is cheaper for the Beisan Vanos seals. Mechs normally marks up parts so that is expected. Valve cover gasket + seals is only RM120 if you buy direct from Bavarian Auto.

I see you've done quite a few items on the car, but how is the suspension + underbody arms and bushes? Are these in good condition? Just changed some of mine today...

Lower and upper arms + absorber mounting changed last year by previous owner. bushes still fine.

I brought over the parts i bought from Bavarian Auto (MAF and O2) the mech said they wont normally entertain if customer brought own parts.

Eric,

Forgotten to mention to you to also replace

1. petrol filter
2. software update for ECU & auto-trans

Unsure whether any workshop can provide the software update and I did mine at M-Speed @ USJ for about RM200. Lots of different in terms of engine smoothness and gear change.

bmw7833;665273 said:
EL, new rims is not under your "have-to-do" list?

those are secondary lah. together with new white headlight + tail light, M sport steering. and possibly remapping etc etc. the list can go on and on, so have to set priority lah, ha ha

herbert;665276 said:
Eric,

1. petrol filter

Unsure whether any workshop can provide the software update and I did mine at M-Speed @ USJ for about RM200. Lots of different in terms of engine smoothness and gear change.

1) Fuel filter changed
2) software update is something new to me. i thought is only for those with Idrive. the update is to reprogram the ECU?

EL118;665275 said:
...the mech said they wont normally entertain if customer brought own parts.

Optimum?

herbert;665276 said:
Eric,

1. petrol filter

Bro, how to check what version in our car is running? The scanner bought from group buy can do?

herbert;665276 said:
Eric,

1. petrol filter

herbert, you know if Albert can do the software update? So should i update software 1st then remap or the other way round? How can i check what version software i am running on ?

lwloh;665324 said:
herbert, you know if Albert can do the software update? So should i update software 1st then remap or the other way round? How can i check what version software i am running on ?

Albert of WP Auto don't have the software update. Better do the updates prior to remap. Last update for e39 was in 2004.

Top Bottom