My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wow new pipes look wicked.

*Ahem ahem* Your 7 silis in the background ah... Nice! :love:

Almost 2 months into ownership, growing affection to this lovely beast. Especially on steptronic. now i know how people corners without brake with auto gear car.

Met a friend who is car foreman. He himself is a happy owner of a 1999 E39 523i. We shared our exitement over E39 and both agreed BMW car technology is way ahead of the 3 pointed star!

EL118;634049 said:
yeah colour a bit dull. Thinking of painting it pearl white / pure white.

Congrats bro of your BMW! Paint it BMW Alpine White-Super Sexy!

EL118;658509 said:
Almost 2 months into ownership, growing affection to this lovely beast. Especially on steptronic. now i know how people corners without brake with auto gear car.

Next MUST DO list for makeover & performance:

1. New coat of Alpine white paint
2. Replace headlights with xenon headlights with LEDs angle eyes, white signal indicator
3. Replace side repeater light amber cover with white cover
4. Replace rear tail lamps with white & red lamps
5. Replace double vanos seals
6. Replace stock anti-roll-bar (ARB) with Eibach's ARB

herbert;658523 said:
Next MUST DO list for makeover & performance:

1. New coat of Alpine white paint
2. Replace headlights with xenon headlights with LEDs angle eyes, white signal indicator
3. Replace side repeater light amber cover with white cover
4. Replace rear tail lamps with white & red lamps
5. Replace double vanos seals
6. Replace stock anti-roll-bar (ARB) with Eibach's ARB

1) just done last month
2,3 & 4) my wife keep nagging me to change, but i find them ok for the time being, ha ha
5) will change soon, maybe together with MAF and O2
6) currently already very good, necessary? maybe after my BMW driver training in Sep with improved skills, and current set up no longer can satisfy my quest, i will.

Just did a summary, items spent over the last 2 months on my E39 including

i) changing M-sport kit, respray whole car Alpine white, change exhaust pipe, re-tint windows
ii) tender and change car no plate to my favourite "118"
iii) change ATF, fuel pump, water pump, espansion tank, fan shroud, top hose, vent hose, belt tensioner, termostate housing + other standard service and consumables

Total "investment" so far RM15k

BMW is really an expensive toy to play with.

EL118;658534 said:
Just did a summary, items spent over the last 2 months on my E39 including

i) changing M-sport kit, respray whole car Alpine white, change exhaust pipe, re-tint windows
ii) tender and change car no plate to my favourite "118"
iii) change ATF, fuel pump, water pump, espansion tank, fan shroud, top hose, vent hose, belt tensioner, termostate housing + other standard service and consumables

Total "investment" so far RM15k

BMW is really an expensive toy to play with.

But the satisfaction is priceless :smokin:

EL118;658509 said:

In that case you'll need one of these:

4417927533_d96ca60123_z.jpg

SMG paddleshift steering!

haywire;658538 said:

I actually prefer the transmission stick steptronic over the one on steering as per my E66. feel more like driving manual car without the trouble to use the clutch

haywire;658538 said:

4417927533_d96ca60123_z.jpg

Haywire, you should ask the wife to do the racunning for him. :biggrin:

Aisey mr.haywire..dont racun too much..i aslo syiok at your smg paddle shift.
Notice that you also re-wrap your steering wheel with the tri-sticth color..nice!!Is it the nappa leather (soft) type ?

Bro el118 - sorry, i think the 530 emblem looks a bit out of place..better re-position it otherwise people think not 'ori' 530..
other than that..nice and clean car there..congrats !!

naharnms;661015 said:
Aisey mr.haywire..dont racun too much..i aslo syiok at your smg paddle shift.
Notice that you also re-wrap your steering wheel with the tri-sticth color..nice!!Is it the nappa leather (soft) type ?

Not rewrap, bro. Ori brand new E46 SMG steering wheel. Normal leather not nappa.

Top Bottom