My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
naharnms;663172 said:
Hmm..no wonder the steering looks damn cun !!

Hehe that was a year and a half ago. Now look so so only. Some mechanic even managed to scratch the bottom spoke recently.

yeah....then spend another RM 50k on repairs. No free lunch from used car dealers.

haywire;663458 said:
E39 530i is 2979cc, which is RM2077.50 per year.

Uuuu...why la i did not consider this before :20: still ok considering the satisfaction..what to do..next time..

When new, 530 was easily RM100k more than 520. now even cheaper than 520 when used. bearing in mind that the maintenance cost is similar, the only "extra cost" would be the once a year road tax which should not be a concern for Beemer owners who always yearn for "more power" and even try the extent to remap or supercharge the engine.

let take a practical scenario
used 530 RM53,800 vs 520 RM59,000

if you bought a used 530 and intend to keep for 5 years, your "extra cost" would be around RM1,500 per year (road tax) x 5 = RM7,500, less of initial cost savings RM5,200 bal = RM2,300

To enjoy drastically more naturally aspirated power over 5 years @ merely RM2,300 in total is too good a bargain to miss.

EL118;663487 said:
When new, 530 was easily RM100k more than 520. now even cheaper than 520 when used. bearing in mind that the maintenance cost is similar, the only "extra cost" would be the once a year road tax which should not be a concern for Beemer owners who always yearn for "more power" and even try the extent to remap or supercharge the engine.

if you bought a used 530 and intend to keep for 5 years, your "extra cost" would be around RM1,500 per year (road tax) x 5 = RM7,500, less of initial cost savings RM5,200 bal = RM2,300

To enjoy drastically more naturally aspirated power over 5 years @ merely RM2,300 in total is too good a bargain to miss.

thanks for the advice..will consider this next time i'm buying..lesson learned..nike just do it!!..

My reasoning was simple when I bought my car - 530i's in the UK generally have a higher spec than the rest, so I dont have to mod later. My car came with 16:9 screen, sat nav, tv, special leathers, special colours, M-pars and everything I wanted. Looking at the Service and Maintenance cost where everyone was posting 4-6k service bill, would you really want to miss the 530i power because you're afraid of its roadtax. Also for me no need to touch the engine for more power since I have enough on tap.

Well said Haywire bro.

Envy your car.

PS: Managed to sort out your car already after the fender bender with the bus months ago?

I cleaned the smudged bus's paint on the car, and it wasnt that noticeable anymore. I'm leaving it alone until I have enough moolah to repaint whole car in the same colour again. Too many other projects going on at the minute.

EL118;663487 said:

haywire;663497 said:
My reasoning was simple when I bought my car - 530i's in the UK generally have a higher spec than the rest, so I dont have to mod later. My car came with 16:9 screen, sat nav, tv, special leathers, special colours, M-pars and everything I wanted. Looking at the Service and Maintenance cost where everyone was posting 4-6k service bill, would you really want to miss the 530i power because you're afraid of its roadtax. Also for me no need to touch the engine for more power since I have enough on tap.

Can not agree anymore than this!

Mau bili BMW jgn pikir pasal rdtax, petrol & maintenance. Dula wa selalu belajar sama sifu jgn lokek ini barang. Itu olang putih ala cakap "no replacement for displacement" Wa talak paham apa maksud tapi hantam ikot saja. Tapi wa manyak syokk slalu bole hantam itu keleta. Tapi manyak helan itu BMW cc kecik suka main sama wa. Diaorg ingat wa saja suka2 bayar itu rdtax ka? Haiyah
wa manyak helan worr:burnout:

haywire;663497 said:

once you try a 530, u will never look back... dang i want a remap soon..

Top Bottom