My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Realred78;638542 said:
Bro, I have yet to meet an E39 530i owner who is not pleased. Even after 2 years, the previous owner of my UDM still calls me to find out how she is doing.

Old flame hard to die out

Realred78;638542 said:
Bro, I have yet to meet an E39 530i owner who is not pleased. Even after 2 years, the previous owner of my UDM still calls me to find out how she is doing.

This is addiction!!

EL118, is there any other e39 530 that you have checked out while looking for your unit? I am looking for one.

hpteh72;639795 said:
EL118, is there any other e39 530 that you have checked out while looking for your unit? I am looking for one.

FYI, Bro Yoke selling his car. Find it in mudah.com

EL118;638048 said:
Car broke down is something i am very much dislike, as this car will be driven by my wife too. just wondering how to avoid such thing in the future??? what other preventive maintenance need to be done (breakdown-prone parts?)

how to avoid this ...ummmmm

change the engine oil every 60 days ( no matter what the millage read and not to wait till 8K )
radiator coolant --- flush out every 6 months
autotrans fluid and rear axle fluid -- change every year
Radiator , expansion tank , hoses , waterpump ...change every 2 years
brake pad / disc - change 1 1/2 year

detail your car every 3 months ...wax every 2 weeks ... wash it every 2 days ...

pump V power full tank once a month

and lastly ...do join us for some of the drives to enleash the beast under the hood ....

hope this helps ....

ICEMAN 13;639977 said:

change the engine oil every 60 days ( no matter what the millage read and not to wait till 8K )

detail your car every 3 months ...wax every 2 weeks ... wash it every 2 days ...

and lastly ...do join us for some of the drives to enleash the beast under the hood ....

hope this helps ....

Ha Ha,

Like that very soon my "investment" in this beast will exceed those spent by BMW hardcore fan Mr Hitler (initialM)

hpteh72;639795 said:

Hi hptech72,
Actually this sometimes need a little bit of luck. I was eyeing a recon mercedes W211 E240 before i commit my 530i. I was thinking of just pay a visit to the dealer ( selling the 530i) since i was travelling close to the dealer area. (i dun like the car colour shown by the dealer advertisement at all!! ) Nevertheless, the condition was surprisingly good and previous owner was a local bank, used for Director transport. The offer price was tempting too! I paid down payment immediately! the feeling of driving the 530i beat the E240 by miles.

keep an eye on Mudah everyday. on and off there may be some good deal. get yourself prepared on what to look out for, your target price and ready to pounce on a good offer.

I noticed there are currently three E39 530i for sale now. two on mudah, year 01 @ RM68k , year 03 @ RM98k ( i heard is owned by our official member) and one 03 turbo-charged at RM120k (check this forum)

I hv not seen these but worth checking out and getting more experience in choosing a used car.

If your budget permits, i noticed there is a 05/06 E60 530i diplomatic car on bargain now at RM145k. i have not seen the car but i think should be a well-maintained car. ( only set back is that cash buyer only)

EL118;639994 said:
Ha Ha,

Like that very soon my "investment" in this beast will exceed those spent by BMW hardcore fan Mr Hitler (initialM)

yehh looks like Mr hitler has got lotsa fans ...yehh he owns a bank next to his house ....

but small car owners too had spend more of a fortune ...i would say i could buy an e39 cash ..he he he

there is an e30 that when parked side by side is worth almost as an e60 ... :)

ICEMAN 13;640004 said:
yehh looks like Mr hitler has got lotsa fans ...yehh he owns a bank next to his house ....

but small car owners too had spend more of a fortune ...i would say i could buy an e39 cash ..he he he

No la bro. O owe a lot to bank. Go get yourself E39 530 or 528 at least bro.

ICEMAN 13;639977 said:

hope this helps ....

Straight to the point advice there Phai!
Solid!

deep3102;640006 said:
Straight to the point advice there Phai!
Solid!

yehh but how many of those owners do really follow this trade of maintaining their cars ... that is why you see most of cars which are left at the used cars are in dire need of help ....

thats y getting a dealer car is always risky.
But am taking ur advice previously on 45 day oil change..:)

initialM;640005 said:
No la bro. O owe a lot to bank. Go get yourself E39 530 or 528 at least bro.

ha ha ha .... looks like the bank owes you larrr ...

e39 530 ...too slow for me bro ...

ICEMAN 13;640012 said:

Wah u veli powderful lar, get the M5 then. Still slow?

initialM;640016 said:
Wah u veli powderful lar, get the M5 then. Still slow?

m5 ...never bro ...that car needs a triple story bank next to your home .... or unless i've found the right $$$ printing machine somewhere ...

ICEMAN 13;640012 said:

So u looking for Ferrari or Lambo?

ICEMAN 13;639977 said:

hope this helps ....

Hi Iceman, thanks for your advice. do you think we should flush engine everytime we change engine oil? my mechanic advised me so.

And transmission oil now 160k never changed before, was advised just changed and not to flush, what do you think?

Aiyah, i suddenly missed my 530i very much. was sent in for repainting job to Alpine white last week, need 10 days, now counting the days...

EL118;640021 said:
Hi Iceman, thanks for your advice. do you think we should flush engine everytime we change engine oil? my mechanic advised me so.

And transmission oil now 160k never changed before, was advised just changed and not to flush, what do you think?

i've never used any flushing agent and will never do so ...as some say it could lead to corrosion and easily eat up the head gasket and leaving some sort of rust behind it ..therefore i stay away from those substance ...

i usually keep my engine oil healthy all the time by a regular engine oil change every 60 days in order to prevent slug building up ...

Top Bottom