My craze - Stage II, Consumer to Professional

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lee36328

Club Guest
Quite happy with my initial result. However, discovered some scratches and water marks on the roof. Also, the recent paint on the bonnet has settled from its recent paint job, and is starting to lose some lustre.So, had it assessed by Meguiar at USJ1 this morning. Decided to move from the Consumer Meguiar range to the Professional range of the Meguiar product branded as Mirror Glaze.
product_M0116.jpg
Medium-Cut Cleaner is a moderately abrasive cleaner that removes medium defects, including swirls, water spots and water sanding marks. Diminishing Abrasives™ cut quickly, then reduce to a polishing rouge, while Buffered Abrasive™ action lubricates the finish to prevent scratching.Plan to do it this afternoon.Watch this space for results soon.

Cool...have you tried the Show Car Glaze polish? Heard that it's one of the best polish available at the moment, planning to get one for my ride as well in near future.

I'm a handjob kinda guy. Don't have the "kachang" for the pro range and donno how to use the orbital :eek:

DolCeAddicT;218202 said:
Cool...have you tried the Show Car Glaze polish? Heard that it's one of the best polish available at the moment, planning to get one for my ride as well in near future.

Bro,

Show Car Glaze is NOT a polish, it is a glaze. Glazes are for exhibition purposes and give the maximum ammount of gloss by moisturizing the paint's surface. One wash and it's gone.

Hmmm....i see...not too sure if it's a polish or not because the product is found under the "pure polish" section on the Meguiar's website and it's stated as a pure polish on it's bottle as well. Anyways, it's stated that this product is best used with an application of Mirror Glaze Yellow Wax (#26) for tough, long-lasting protection and btw, can i layer the NXT Tech Wax after applying this show car glaze? Cheers! :)

DolCeAddict,

Just noticed that the show car glaze is from the professional mirror glaze range, and the nxt tech wax is from the consumer range.

Me being me, i would probably opt for a wax from the same professional range to finish it off...

Lee36328;219236 said:
DolCeAddict,

Just noticed that the show car glaze is from the professional mirror glaze range, and the nxt tech wax is from the consumer range.

Me being me, i would probably opt for a wax from the same professional range to finish it off...

That's true bro...but i couldn't find any wax from the professional range at ENEOS 1U that's why i went for the NXT Tech Wax instead..:( Anyways, how's the detailing on your ride going on? No updated pics ka? :D

An interesting opinion on Show Car Glaze here.

Full article
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6346&highlight=*show+car+glaze*

"
Here's an indepth look at Show Car Glaze (#7) written by Mike Phillips......
Hi,
As someone else pointed out, #7 is a high oil content product. In fact, it's mostly oil. I could tell you more about it, I have over 7 pages on just this product alone in my forthcoming book, How to Polish Paint. it's really quite a unique product.

For the last 15 years I have seen a lot people comment as to how hard the product is to get off.

Usually, (and I'm not saying this is what your did), the person makes a couple of mistakes.

#7 is a non-drying oil.

One of the many things it can be used for is to make paint look wet, thus the name… Show Car Glaze.

The reason it can do this is because it is a non-drying oil. Think about it, when you get a brand new paint job, or if you spray some rattle can paint… before it dries… it looks wet, because it is. It hasn't dried.

It's hard to get the "Wet Look" with something they dries, especially if it turns white/opaque.

No wonder it took me so long to buff off the the show car glaze, just washed and tried on the product on a couple of panels to see if it's really that good. The shine is not bad but it's not really that easy to use at all, apply a very little amount at a time if you'd want to make things easier tho.

Lee36328;219236 said:
DolCeAddict,

Get the M21 - Synthetic Sealant. Its like NXT but with steriods :D M26 is a PITA to buff off(for me)

DolCeAddicT;219252 said:
No wonder it took me so long to buff off the the show car glaze, just washed and tried on the product on a couple of panels to see if it's really that good. The shine is not bad but it's not really that easy to use at all, apply a very little amount at a time if you'd want to make things easier tho.

If you are detailing by hand, its easier to use MG ColorX. It is a 3 in 1 product (cleaner/polish/wax). So you detailing steps will be :

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. ColorX
4. NXT Tech Wax

Thanks bro slk for the advice.:) Just finished detailing my ride ; wash + show car glaze + NXT Tech Wax.....the result = $%#@ing amazing!:D Even though the show car glaze is a little difficult to buff off but the effect of the product is to die for..:D I'm very happy with the products , scg in particular. As for the nxt wax, very easy to apply and wipe off and produces a very deep, glossy shine indeed. Great products from meguiar's, don't think that i'll switch to other brands at the mean time after seeing such good results!:)

Errata.

I posted the wrong info.

Here is the correct one.

product_M8332.jpg

It is the Dual Action Cleaner/Polish, which removes light to medium contamination, blemishes and oxidation that Swirl Free Polish will not. Combines the perfect amount of abrasive cleaner and pure, rich polish to produce a customer pleasing deep gloss shine. Safe, Buffered Abrasive™ cleaning removes defects without marring the finish.

DolCeAddicT;219387 said:
Thanks bro slk for the advice.:) Just finished detailing my ride ; wash + show car glaze + NXT Tech Wax.....the result = $%#@ing amazing!:D Even though the show car glaze is a little difficult to buff off but the effect of the product is to die for..:D I'm very happy with the products , scg in particular. As for the nxt wax, very easy to apply and wipe off and produces a very deep, glossy shine indeed. Great products from meguiar's, don't think that i'll switch to other brands at the mean time after seeing such good results!:)

Ur welcome bro! When you finish ur NXT wax. get the M21. :D

Hehe....is the shine going to be very much better than the NXT wax? I'll go get a new bottle immediately if it is. :D Getting addicted to meguiar's products and shiny /glossy cars like bro Lee. :D

Actually, inorder to get maximum gloss/shine/wet look/depth is gained from surface preperation. Surface prep should be :

1. Wash
2. Claying
3. Compound
5. Medium Polish
6. Finishing Polish
7. LSP(Last step product) = Wax/Sealant

LSP only gives maybe around 5/10% in optical difference. The rest are from surface prep.

But if it is a daily driver plus OEM paint, it is not practical to do those steps :D The most important part in detailing is FREQUENT WASH. Try to wash 3/4 times a week

SLK,

what would you recommend for compound, medium polish and finishing polish?

Thanks.

Thanks slk! :) As for the polish + wax combination, a lot of meguiar's users like using the Show car glaze+ #26 ( 2 coats) combination and they said that it gives a really nice wet look/shine. If i've not mistaken, #26 is pure carnauba wax while #21 is more of a synthetic sealent right? Does carnauba wax gives a more glossy wet look shine compared to the synthetic ones? The only thing i know about carnauba waxes is that they do not last as long as the synthetic waxes, correct me if i'm wrong guys. :)

OK, will get some carnauba wax to try and see the difference...

From what I heard so far, NXT makes it look hi-tech shiny, carnauba makes it look warm and glowing...

Top Bottom