My new craze

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wow this brings back memories. Its been more than 10 years since I've used #26 together with MG's multistep polish product (forgot the #) back in the US. It was really tiring to go through the multistep process, and I didnt find the results too impressive. Also not very durable. #26 Leaves a yellow powdery residue, and is not as simple to buff off compared to MG's newer range. The polish step was even harder to apply and buff off.

However, I've heard good things about #21 and its durability.

Pro range is supposed to used with orbitals from what I understand.

E46Fanatic;257085 said:
Wow this brings back memories. Its been more than 10 years since I've used #26 together with MG's multistep polish product (forgot the #) back in the US. It was really tiring to go through the multistep process, and I didnt find the results too impressive. Also not very durable. #26 Leaves a yellow powdery residue, and is not as simple to buff off compared to MG's newer range. The polish step was even harder to apply and buff off.

However, I've heard good things about #21 and its durability.

Pro range is supposed to used with orbitals from what I understand.

Yes, I was warned by Johan abt the reduced durability compared to the current range. I needed a volume pack at the rate I was going through the stuff, the dinky-sized off-the-shelf packing aint gonna cut it for my wallet.

Lets see how my regular shop copes with this. Yes, too lazy to use my hands for now. Maybe later la. Or get an orbiter myself.

Lee36328;257107 said:
Yes, I was warned by Johan abt the reduced durability compared to the current range. I needed a volume pack at the rate I was going through the stuff, the dinky-sized off-the-shelf packing aint gonna cut it for my wallet.

Lets see how my regular shop copes with this. Yes, too lazy to use my hands for now. Maybe later la. Or get an orbiter myself.

Well, all your hardwork might come to zero if you have cats doing "drifts" on your bodywork. Then it is back to square one.

i must agree, the Meguiar's stuff is excellent, especially the clay and mist which made such a difference to my paintwork. before clay it was rough, and now it feels 'wet' or 'soft' to the touch. it's been 3 months so time to clay again!

no detailing shop, just my own sweat on a Sunday morning,.....

Sorry to ask another amateurish question but how often should I clay. I only did it once (with Imola Auto Spa @ Sri Hartamas) when my car was spanking new in April this year. Since then, I've been doing tech waxing and EGP on my own with regular quik detailing.

JPB its quite subjective as it depends on the condition of the surface of your paintwork. Basically claying lifts bonded contaminants off the surface instead of grinding down the clearcoat to rid it, which means its safer to clay often compared to compounding or wet sanding.

A good gauge is to run your fingers through the surfaces to see how smooth or rough it has become. If you are really fanatic or have thick skin and cant feel(heh) put a plastic bag over your hand and gently glide it on the surface to magnify the effects as the bag will make more noise when surface is rough. If you wash and wax often, its less likely you'd have to clay that often. But then again it depends where you leave, drive and park your car la. I remember when my wife was working at a customer site in sg besi chan sow lin area and she had to park her car outdoors throughout the day, the air quality was so bad that when it rained, a thick layer smog/soot/grime just fused to the paint. Even when i washed it daily then, the paint surface deteriorated fast, and contaminants already bonded well to the surface that washing cant really remove. So I had to clay it almost every weekend!

For you, your car always chilling out at your basement car park, so it should not require claying that often la heh.

Thanks for the feedback. So, E46F, when are we doing drinks next so I can get you to "feel" my car and lemme know what you think, hahaha!!

Hi Tech Wax 26 - results

Finally found a timeslot at MagicGlaze Alex' to do my car.

Amazing how many people do their cars despite the rainy season.

IMG_2761szafter.jpg

IMG_2751szafter.jpg

IMG_2768szafter.jpg

IMG_2775szafter.jpg

Hi. I noticed some of you who so positively contributed to this and other detailing threads have not signed up for the Meguairs detailing clinic in another thread. Why ah? Wouldn't it be fun? It would be nice to see all of you there! Kama!

Top Bottom