My 320D M Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Maniac;572888 said:
Hello Makko - nice to know that there's another 320d-er out there! Haven't seen one in black like yours on the road yet, but if another 'd' honks at you on the road, it may be me giving out a friendly greeting!

hi maniac,
i don't have a chance to see another black 320d out there as well, i did see some white ones, sure next time i will know that it is you if u 'honk' at me :)

eesixtee;572990 said:
Nice ride Makko.. great torque with fuel saving car..

Drove ford pick-up truck for work before, just wonder do this car happen to puff out black smoke during accelerate like any diesel engine does??

Anyway, it might just caused by the fuel..

so far, there was just a bit of black smoke coming out when the car was still very new, my friend told me cos he was right behind me, but until now, no more black smoke coming out, i really love this car. i did test drive the lastest 523i, still i love mine, which is cheaper and faster :p i really miss my car since it is still in the sg besi service centre, waiting the steering rack from germany....

docrayboy;572919 said:
Hi Maniac bro! I suspect (and there has already been word out) that biodiesel will certainly come in next year (the palm oil industry will benefit...blah,blah,blah)...and I guess our current diesel will be uopgraded to Euro 3M (M for Malaysia)...and I also suspect our new Euro 3 diesel is going to cost much more than biodiesel. Yeah...such a pessimist, I am.

I hope the gomen will prove our fears wrong, Doc...and do the right thing! I actually think this budget will be a feelgood one, with looming elections. BUT let's not spoil Makko's thread! We love our diesel CARS.

Jules;572936 said:
nice ride, good choice for those conscious of rising fuel prices and the performance is ain't bad cos the 350Nm is mega....

not sure if the lesser clean Euro 2 means more frequent fuel filter change? ( every 5000km? )

only main draw back at least for me, is...........the car sounds TERRIBLE esp when underload and going uphill. Anyhow, some may not be bothered!

ENJOY.

Jules, I don't disagree that diesel chatter is different compared to the petrol growl, having owned petrols all my life. But you can barely hear it in the car, the sound insulation is excellent. For me, the torque kick in my driving experience more than makes up for it, and it IS a BMW engine. As you can tell, we love our d's. Later on, perhaps a Performance Exhaust will drown out any remnants of engine noise remaining...hehe

:smokin:Or the smoke is becoming a touch unbearable from behind...

Maniac;572888 said:
Hello Makko - nice to know that there's another 320d-er out there! Haven't seen one in black like yours on the road yet, but if another 'd' honks at you on the road, it may be me giving out a friendly greeting!

This came out in today's budget

Malaysia is committed to reducing carbon emission intensity to preserve the environment. For this purpose, the Government will implement among others, the Programme on Blending of Biofuels with Petroleum Diesel (B5 Programme) on a mandatory basis beginning in Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka in June 2011.

Does it mean there'll be no more 'pure' diesel?

docrayboy;573105 said:
This came out in today's budget

Malaysia is committed to reducing carbon emission intensity to preserve the environment. For this purpose, the Government will implement among others, the Programme on Blending of Biofuels with Petroleum Diesel (B5 Programme) on a mandatory basis beginning in Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka in June 2011.

Does it mean there'll be no more 'pure' diesel?

but our 320d cannot use biodiesel, right?

I'm going in to get my engine oil changed on Tues, will ask the dealer principal if he has any news from BMWM. I'm sure they're most interested, given the racun they've been spreading with the 320d driver training cars, and recent innovation days x5 diesel model. Let you guys know if I find out anything..

According to a Caltex engineer, B5 should be OK, it's the higher blends like B20 that may cause problems.

Maniac;573043 said:
IJules, I don't disagree that diesel chatter is different compared to the petrol growl, having owned petrols all my life. But you can barely hear it in the car, the sound insulation is excellent. For me, the torque kick in my driving experience more than makes up for it, and it IS a BMW engine. As you can tell, we love our d's. Later on, perhaps a Performance Exhaust will drown out any remnants of engine noise remaining...hehe

Fully Agree......but when a Ferrari F355 drive past, everyone will still turn around and look despite it being an old mid 90s Ferrari.

Why? The V8 howl is....:top: to both driver and bystanders!

Top Bottom