Missus Requires Some Advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yoke

Club Guest
This is not related to our UDM, sorry about this, but need some opinion and assistance regarding my other ride.Succed in racuning my missus to spruce up her ride. Basically changing the rims/tyres and lowering it abit. Problem is the ride is a Naza Citra. Don't laugh okay. Bottom line is not sure on either 16 or 17 (standard is 15) inch. Opinion from forummers who might have the same car or knowledge on the matter... Another thing, what lowering spring can I use so that it wont look like a 4 wheelers.Thanks guys any bashing pm me personally, cant stand the public humilation apparently.

My opinion go for the 17s or 18 if it can fit. Rims must look bling-bling abit.

anything bigger for wheels are at expense of fuel economy and acceleration......MPV & AUTO somemore.

If above all okay and considered, go for max-lah but real, good tyres wun be cheap when ur wife decides to curb, pot hole them......as you say, dun laugh THEN.

cos u likely also wun find lowering springs for it, tells us something......that it's not mean for that kinda of thing. But it's ur money, ur wallet,ur image and ur wife.....he he he

Cheers & just my 2 cents.

yoke...

my cousins carens(same with citra)
17inch, the FC was hell but switching back to 16's the FC was manageable....

my 2cents worth....

Originally posted by mrhartge@Aug 29 2005, 12:20 AM
yoke...

my cousins carens(same with citra)
17inch, the FC was hell but switching back to 16's the FC was manageable....

my 2cents worth....

but . .but .. Carens is 1.8 and citra is 2.0 - me think ..

FC bound to be impacted with 17s, especially heavy ones. But fitting 16s is a bit of an anti-climax. Go for 17s but try to get light ones, instead of the heavy chrome models. Don't forget the minimum 80% black for the rear side and rear glass!

What colour is your Citra anyway?

hahahha.. all the racun...

17 can be a bit harsh for the car... so it depends what kind of compromises ur wife is willing to accept...

Thanks guys for all the views. Yeah nail down to either the 16 or 17in (18 in would be to much IMHO, more like the West Coast customs in pimp my ride he he he). But about the lowering spring, anybody knows any brand out there for the Citra.

Cheers

If you don't mind going beyond the "plus 2" principle for 17s, then get a 45 series tyre which is in the comfort sports category (as opposed to pure sports). A pure sports tyre would be wasted anyway on the Citra. I used Falken ZE512s on the 328i and had no hard ride, crashing, etc. problems.

Top Bottom