Maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sliver2c

Club Guest
Hi guys need advice on the following changes need to be done to my E60 525:

1. Engine mountings
2. Stabler bar linkage
3. Engine oil sump gasket
4. Rear upper arm - big & small(left and right)
5. Rear axel mounting

I have been quoted RM 3800 is this reasonable or am I over paying. Thanks in advance.

sliver2C,

Prices quoted are way above normal. For comparison basis, you can call spare parts shops such as Bomin Auto or Bavarian Auto and ask them to give you the prices for the above items.

Herbert said:
sliver2C,

Prices quoted are way above normal. For comparison basis, you can call spare parts shops such as Bomin Auto or Bavarian Auto and ask them to give you the prices for the above items.
Thanks bro for the info!

I spent like close to 5k on parts for num. 3 & 4 alone for my e39, cause as advised by my mechanic, had no choice but to change them (for all 4 sides!!)... plus other involved parts, however rest assured they were all genuine parts from Bavarian Auto. My advice is, if you know those are the parts to change, get it directly from the suppliers and pass it on to your mechanic. I guess for the price mentioned above is pretty like affordable but the question comes.. the quality of the products used? Taiwan made?

DragonBoy said:
I spent like close to 5k on parts for num. 3 & 4 alone for my e39, cause as advised by my mechanic, had no choice but to change them (for all 4 sides!!)... plus other involved parts, however rest assured they were all genuine parts from Bavarian Auto. My advice is, if you know those are the parts to change, get it directly from the suppliers and pass it on to your mechanic. I guess for the price mentioned above is pretty like affordable but the question comes.. the quality of the products used? Taiwan made?
all the parts from Bomin will cost about Rm 1500 excluding labour, product from Lemfoerder

Top Bottom