LCI conversion - is it safe?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks jarance

My mechanic just call me after he check with AB ... AB engineer says no need module hahah I really confused .

Anyway my mechanic suggest we do it without module n worst case install module which he say about few hundred only.

Anyway will keep u all update!

Ok?

Jack

For the rear, you need the connector adaptor.

Capture_7.jpg

Capture_6.jpg

The converter/module mentioned earlier is for preventing strobing or flickering of the rear lights when you start the car.

Wow jarance thanks!!!! Will alert my mechanic... Where u got those info la? Thanks for sharing n anything else I need to be aware? U agree with the no need module as advised by BMW AB?

jackcpc;533868 said:
Wow jarance thanks!!!! Will alert my mechanic... Where u got those info la? Thanks for sharing n anything else I need to be aware? U agree with the no need module as advised by BMW AB?

Google lar.. LCI retrofitting have been done by many people before.. just google "E60 LCI light".

btw, do give us some feedbacks after you have fit it.. :rock:

Just asking another question,

anyone have any experience in upgrading LCI front HEad Lights from shops in Sunway ? Any error message and so on so forth ?

Jack

jarance;533850 said:
For the rear, you need the connector adaptor.

Capture_7.jpg

Capture_6.jpg

The converter/module mentioned earlier is for preventing strobing or flickering of the rear lights when you start the car.

does not look like the connector for e60 LCI ler bro...that one which car one?

the main function for the module is to make the LCI lights works like they are on the LCI cars...wat the module does is to turn off the rear light bulb and brake bulb when the light is turn on...only the rods is lit up...without the module also can function but with the bulbs on you cannot see the LED lit rods...

if you want to do LCI on front and rear, I strongly suggest to change your current LCM to LCM2 which is meant for those lights...it costs less than those so call modules combined for front and rear...

t2Ribena

Thanks. But i don quite get it. Do i have to get LCM 2 ? please advice. thanks

Jack

Update guys

MY restoration project for 03/11 (manufactured), England Version E60, 520i

Exterior
a) Glasurit Paint System (undercoat, paint, over coat) Thin to max and recolour - RM4000.00 (2 to 3 Weeks)
b) MSport Orginal Bumper with Boot Spoiler and Side Skirt - RM6500.00
c) Hella OEM LCI Back Light RM1800.00 (99.9% close to original, difference only no bMW logo)
d) Original BMW Kidney Grill Chrome RM600.00 (one pair)
e) Original but Used MSport Style 135 Rim with 80% Potenza RFT - RM4800.00

Interior
a) Lucky Car Interior for Releather all seats and door upholstery - RM3600.00 (Still Deciding either a or b)
b) Carbi Deco for Releather all Seats and Door Upholstery - RM2600.00 (Still deciding, either a or b)
c) Interior Detailing by Lucky Car Interior - RM350.00 (If i take a, this is FOC)
d) Head Lamp Polishing (Try First if not, change Lamp cos oxidised) by Lucky Car - RM300 per pair.
d) Additional 2 Step Wax/Polish by Lucky Car as additional protection - RM680.00
e) Retint the window - Not sure yet but should be VKool.

Some pic of my car now....

Front
View attachment 14459

Headlight
View attachment 14461

Back
View attachment 14460

Are these pictures before restoration???
Coz the kidney grilled look pretty much original stock BMW grille leh...
And even your tail lamp still look pre-LCI model... RM1800 including module?? Coz you said earlier that it cost about RM800 per tail lamp.. should be RM1600 for both right? And will it work (as in giving the shuttlecock effect) even without the module?
The price for the original M-sport rims should be right.. but if the ride is too bumpy.. consider switching to normal tires ok?
If $$$ is not an issue... go for original bodykit.. but high quality replica from Taiwan (PP material) cost almost half of the original. my friend has been using for a few years now and so far no complains :top:

thule

bro, those are PRE mods pic lar... :p
In fact i just sent the car to the shop today.

the cost for back LCI lights is RM1600 (800 X 2)...The guy that install for me have to earn some bit mar... He actually charge me RM1700 and somehow, there is a socket needs to be change so another 100 and thus RM1800 :) This light bought from Auto Bavaria. After the installation is done, we will see if it works :) cos if it don't (like what the sunway fella says...) then we will buy that module lo... else... voila !!! happy !!! :) Will post pic once it is done. :) ok? FYI : AB Engineer says NO NEED :) n My mechanic has done it before for another fella. He said no complaint abt any warning or light flickering and so on.

N the Bodykit is fully original from AB. Original MSPORT. 6.6K ++. Excluding Paint Job and installation Cost. Mechanic guy did it last time for 2 E60. He said when using original one, the seams and gap all fit perfectly... if u look closer to the Taiwan made... (RM3500)... the gap or fitting is not that accurate.... But from afar, yes it looks the same :) from the near... oh what that gap doing there ? lol. he jokingly told me . so he is the one again who insist, only original parts. i obliged. sometimes on certain taiwan stocks, the paint job can look wavy at certain angle... surface not that smooth.

So, lets wait... ok? my photography skills not good... hopefully when everything is done, you all can see the differences....lol.....well at least that is what i am Hoping for !

say, since we are here... anyone have the Malaysia DVD for Navigation? could pirate a copy pls???? hehehhe

dreadful to try out the navigation system lol

Jack

Guys

Updates updates !!!

---->
MY restoration project for 03/11 (manufactured), England Version E60, 520i

Exterior
a) Glasurit Paint System (undercoat, paint, over coat) Thin to max and recolour - RM4000.00 DONE
b) MSport Orginal Bumper with Boot Spoiler and Side Skirt - RM6500.00 DONE
c) Hella OEM LCI Back Light RM1800.00 (99.9% close to original, difference only no bMW logo) DONE but i tried 2 module, a) Rm900 - it din work too well...
b) RM1800, Work damm welll (So sorry folks, i kena con and guess it works out close to Sunway prices again ! :( Sorry

d) Original BMW Kidney Grill Chrome RM600.00 (one pair)- DONE
e) Original but Used MSport Style 135 Rim with 80% Potenza RFT - RM4800.00 - DONE and change my tyres to Pilot Sport 3. Bro Masticore, check out the picture of the tyre refurbishment !

Interior
a) Lucky Car Interior for Releather all seats and door upholstery - RM3600.00 (DONE FOC cleaning by Car Painter so decidec no need releather)
b) Carbi Deco for Releather all Seats and Door Upholstery - RM2600.00 (CANCEL)
c) Interior Detailing by Lucky Car Interior - RM350.00 (CANCEL - FOC interior detailing by car painter, so far so good ! ok la )
d) Head Lamp Polishing (Try First if not, change Lamp cos oxidised) by Lucky Car - (Car Painter do for me, FOC hahah).
d) Additional 2 Step Wax/Polish by Lucky Car as additional protection - (Done at CARS international - With remaining free tickets - FOC)
e) Retint the window - Not sure yet but should be VKool. (Decided on 3M Crystalline 70, RM1600)

Total expenditure

car Paint : Rm4000.00
Original MSport Bodykit : RM6500
Kidney Grille : RM600
Style 135 Rims : RM4800
Tint 3M : RM1600

Total : RM17500.00

A visit to Bro Jason, Optimum (recommended by Herbert)
a) Double Vanos Seal : RM250
b) Ravenol + Oil Filter + Spark Plugs : RM830

Next visit to Bro Jason, Optimum
a) ENgine Mounting, Transmission Fluid and Brake pads :)

Some pictures

Wheels repainting after touch up on dented areas
View attachment 15015

View attachment 15014

tada!!!
View attachment 15013

That alls !

i will find a chance to take a proper pic under teh sun so that you all can see better..

the only sad things is, i am so naive to believe that the back LCI lights would work. I fried my mechanics like how i fried paul the octopus. Sorry guys.

And happy and proud of my ride now.

and thanks herbert for introducing Jason. He is good and so is his bunch of workers. N i met some fellow forummer there too... Deva, and Chew. Deva just got his ride, E39 and Chew E39 is manyak cantik !!!! loves the car paint job.

Jack

i try k?

and oh ya, i found out the RIGHT module to use... so that no strobe, no flickr and whatsoever.... it is call Bruce Miranda V4 adaptor cables.....

check this page : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-E60-LED-Rear-Light-PAIR-Retrofit-Kit-/180456831579

the sets cost about USD350.00 and that is about RM1,116.88 (Excluding posting) Hmm that means about RM1200... i am quoted by Sunway, just for module alone is RM2000.00 and if buy head lamp together, is special at Rm1800.000 lol....

:)

Someone did a group buy in E60.net....

Jack

Top Bottom