LCI conversion - is it safe?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jackcpc

Club Guest
Hi all. Really needed your help.I went to sunway n was quoted A) Rm 3500 for back lci lights B) Rm 5300 for front lci lights C) MSport bumper sets front back n side skirts total Rm3500Was told by Bavarian that back LCI can install no problem but not advisable for front LCI because v might damage the control unit or something like that which could be really expensive.Now, any brothers out there done any conversion of LCI before? Sunway sales man say the price inclusive of module and will give no error message or signal n warranty up to one year.On the other hand, those aftermarket oem bumpers.... Would it be wavy after we spray paint because of their surface not smooth?

Thank u in advance for any feedbacks!!! Need it badly to make up my mind ler...

N I am looking at platinum gray n from 5series.net the option code is A068 and does it means that this is the colour code for the platinum Gray which I can give to the car workshop to repainting the car?

Please advise. Thanks

Jack

Thanks.. I thought it stand for low cost interior. LOL

why life cycle impluse? This term is meaningless and it the same as the JOY slogan..
Now UDM and maybe SDP is BMW. JOY is a fruit drink that comes in a packet.

jack, any picture of the retrofit LCI light? Where are they manufactured? Try not to go for taiwanese made as the plastic tends to fade after a few years under the hot sun.

The retrofit LCI lights is from Hella, Made in Germany and Hella is the original Equipement Supplier for BMW E60.

Apart from the Sunway shops, i also go to actual UDM PArts Stockist. These Part stockist only sells parts and DO NOT INSTALL for you. When you go there, they are very professional as they have the whole database of spare parts according to cars and all the technical drawings of these parts are in there ... THe boss approach me and said...

Hella is RM1200 / side and U need a Module cost RM1800 = 1200 + 1200 + 1800 = 4200.00
ORiginal BMW is RM1500/side and U still need a module cost RM1800 = 1500 + 1500 + 1800 = 4800.00

He asked me to take Hella cos it is Exactly 100% the same, just the Box is different. One bearing hella logo the other BMW logo.

When i inspect the Hella lights, i try to take down some details..... then i go over to Sunway...

Sunway boss say got 2 types

a) Original BMW which is HELLA, made in Germany , Everything all in PLUS Installation is RM3500.
b) Taiwan OEM, Rm1700 Everything in Plus Installation

I inspect his Hella and i found that, it LOOKS THE SAME with teh BMW parts stockist.... the numbering systems, the laser marking system type and positioning, the moulded hella logo in various locations, the carton box.... I am pretty sure they are the same stocks !!!!

Taiwan surely look also u know its fake already lar. no need to consider.

BMW Part Stockist boss said tail lamp u can install LCI. No issue. But NOT THE FRONT HEAD LIGHTS. cos front head lights have more problems in terms of electronic controls and if spoils those electronics controls it cost RM10,000 ++ just for the part.

FINALLY : i get my technicians (NON BMW) to call up Auto Bavaria to buy parts.... He was quoted RM800 per side for HELLA and the Auto Bavaria told him, no need to have that MODULE :p .... i was like WHAT ???? So i think i will get him to buy and install as for that i can be assured it is 100% ORIGINAL FROM AUTO BAVARIA !!!

I havent get him to ask for the Front Head Lights.

So what do u all think ? So far, no brothers yet to replies with how their performance is when they custom install the LCI ..... i am sure many of us out here have done that.....come on, share some experience pls !

Jack

Thanks jack for the download link.

Front Light comparison.
Capture.jpg

Capture_2.jpg

rear Light comparison.
Capture_3.jpg

Capture_4.jpg

Nice upgrade..

vish;533787 said:
LCI is life cycle improvement...bro jarance you know that la :top:

Just trying to start a conversation lah and helping jack thread to get some response.. :rock:

actually it impulse not improvement.. :smokin:

Wait... but i thought the LCI comes with some movement gadget where the lights follows where your steering goes?

jarance;533796 said:
Thanks jack for the download link.

Front Light comparison.
Capture.jpg

Capture_2.jpg

rear Light comparison.
Capture_3.jpg

Capture_4.jpg

Nice upgrade..

Jarance, u are fast and efficiency! :top:

hhahah thanks Jarance !!!! but still no one said anything till now. lol worst case i go ahead and do it and i will tell back later what happen !!! dang ! heheh

jackcpc;533755 said:
FINALLY : i get my technicians (NON BMW) to call up Auto Bavaria to buy parts.... He was quoted RM800 per side for HELLA and the Auto Bavaria told him, no need to have that MODULE :p .... i was like WHAT ???? So i think i will get him to buy and install as for that i can be assured it is 100% ORIGINAL FROM AUTO BAVARIA !!!

I havent get him to ask for the Front Head Lights.

So what do u all think ? So far, no brothers yet to replies with how their performance is when they custom install the LCI ..... i am sure many of us out here have done that.....come on, share some experience pls !

Jack

Gee... really?? RM800 per side for the tail lamps?? And don't have to use module?? Better make sure on this coz pre-LCI model need a module called LCM (Light control module) In order to ensure that it's functional. Too good to be true lah... if it's 100% from Auto Bavaria and only RM1600 per pair, maybe we can get a group buy to see if the prices can be negotiated lower or not :top: coz I have been eyeing on LCI for a long time..

jackcpc;533811 said:
hhahah thanks Jarance !!!! but still no one said anything till now. lol worst case i go ahead and do it and i will tell back later what happen !!! dang ! heheh

just be patient a bit.. I am sure you have stirred some of the E60 owners here..

A bit of R&D here and there will save you some money and problem later on.. :rock:

That is what i get to know from the Mechanic when he call up Auto Bavaria to enquires about the parts...

When i walked in to Bavarian parts, they might do that to ask me to pay more.
But when my mechanic call up Auto Bavaria, they said no need.... but of course the socket is slightly different but can be done lo... So i have call my mechanic ask him to call AB again to reconfirm it and once proven OK, no error message after a while, fuiyoh damm happy !!! else if failed, then buy the costly light control module and reinstall it in position lo :( heheh

Jack

Top Bottom