Jap unreg serviced by AB?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by lukesoon@Jul 2 2006, 06:26 PM
Sigh, really the case of AB being sidelined by BMW (once they've est. local presence) and them trying to 'milk' as much as possible. Harsh realities of life.. in this country. You pay for the rest who can't. :aggressive:
Bro Lukesoon, We feel you..we feel you.. :D

what's the problem with AB? i believe it's mainly due to the 'higher' price they charge? i would send my car to authorised dealers, be it AB or Cartrade due to:

1) guaranteed ori parts (outside, sometimes i am a bit sceptical lah.. sometimes see box oso like made in china or turkey - did u guys see national geographic? got hologram sticker summore.. :D)
2) up-to-date software (if any)
3) preventive, rather than reactive maintenance (bugger, i had once changed my plugs outside.. then forgot to tell them not to replace under inspection 2, rugi la..)
4) warranty on parts replaced - i think very important once ur car is out of its warranty period
5) for major repairs, u know that BMW AG wud stand behind them.. can even blackmail them oso.. hahaha..
6) courtesy car - book in advance la ok, dun la last minute
7) free slow internet :D

anyways, if it's due to other reasons on why not to send to AB, i have no such experience, except sometimes long time to book a slot.. :lazy:

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Jul 2 2006, 10:57 PM
Bro Fire, how deep did they dig into yr wallet? :nyehehe:
Inspection I put a dent of RM985.00 excluding some minor repair add on few hundred buck...The repair are good..really spot on whn find the fault which I bring to outside workshop 2 week before, end up waste 2 hours my car been turn into a guinea pig(test bed) for them to troubleshoot the problem & still could not find the fault.

does the service done by AB make any diffrent from outside ??? they are plenty other good service workshop with better experience mech, they also work in AB b4 so what make AB do a better job. All mech also local no imported mech so why bother to pay them so high premium....all ori parts can buy outside all dignostic equip is available outside with much lesser charges just that because of the name AB so sell at premium.....just my 2 cents

I guess I am just a simple man..I look at the bottom line...Ringgit & sen..you can all look at the statistic thread posting under E46 maintenance..what the statistic tell you over there...you send to outside workshop cost you 1k,2k or even some 3k everytime masuk workshop so what is so different send it to AB for not exactly the same amount but pretty the same bracket... my 2 sen opinion..I am not supporting AB nor anti outside workshop.. I just want to give a good run for my money :D

Guys, AB sent me a letter (i wrote them first) saying that they're ok to inspect my car, then decide if they can service it. Thanks but no thanks... :angry:

One main reason to service your car in AB is warranty esp electronic parts.
My xenon control unit broke on me.

Cost to replace:

1. Outside mechanic = RM 1500 parts no warranty.
2. Get parts only from Bavarian Auto (Klang Valley BMW stockist) = RM 1500 with 1 month warranty
3. One workshop even charge me RM 2900 with no warranty (he must think I am a sucker)

All above without labour.

Auto Bavaria:

RM 1500 for parts with 2 year warranty .
Plus they detected a rear light socket about to malfunction without me telling them.

Total cost RM 1700 including labour, sockets and a few bulbs.

It is a no brainer for me.

For most things mechanical and simple there are outside workshop but for something expensive and electronic in nature your best bet is AB.

Oil change, brake pads, brake disc, atf flush, etc. - any place is the same.

Top Bottom