Not so thrilled by AB's service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
lunch only ma...........furthermore they may treat me nice...thinking i wanna buy a new car????
cos in shah alam....very hard to find "cheap good food" and "chinese (oink) food"

Maybe one day we can do BKT lunch at Klang. My office in Shah Alam too.. I do have few personal favorites.. ;) I can buy (so free for u) but u have to pick me up.. :p

Update: After getting sick of calling AB Glenmarie, I have decided to call Ingress and I managed to get an appointment on short notice. I called on Tue and they have slots on Thu and Fri. For AB you need to book at least a week in advance!

I went to Ingress on Friday. I must say that the service is better than AB. They check the car carefully. They completed the service at the time as promised.

Pros of Ingress
- Higher level of service standard
- Short lead time to make appointment on short notice
- Always someone to answer phone after 3 rings
- Cheesecake OK

Cons of Ingress
- Limited lounge space vs AB
- Food & drink selections slight worse than AB
- Didn't see any used cars or BMW demo'ed cars (for those that are looking for good deal BMW cars)

Conclusion:
Ingress changed my rear sticker from Auto Bavaria to Ingress Auto. I will not go back to AB service and buy car from AB again if I have other choice.

peanut;343276 said:
Update: After getting sick of calling AB Glenmarie, I have decided to call Ingress and I managed to get an appointment on short notice. I called on Tue and they have slots on Thu and Fri. For AB you need to book at least a week in advance!

I went to Ingress on Friday. I must say that the service is better than AB. They check the car carefully. They completed the service at the time as promised.

Pros of Ingress
- Higher level of service standard
- Short lead time to make appointment on short notice
- Always someone to answer phone after 3 rings
- Cheesecake OK

Cons of Ingress
- Limited lounge space vs AB
- Food & drink selections slight worse than AB
- Didn't see any used cars or BMW demo'ed cars (for those that are looking for good deal BMW cars)

Conclusion:
Ingress changed my rear sticker from Auto Bavaria to Ingress Auto. I will not go back to AB service and buy car from AB again if I have other choice.

Peanut, re one of the Cons you presented on Ingress, the Used or Demo cars are on a separate floor, down one level. In fact, it's the best Used / Demo section in Malaysia! Why? It's a dedicated level with dedicated staff well-versed in the history of every car there and the indoor ambience is first rate compared to outdoor areas at AB Sg. Besi.

P.S. I don't work for Ingress, just happen to visit them every now and then. I think the best sales guy there is Norman!

mummygohan, GOT. so far i know got 2 leng lui there. u want short hair or long hair...:p

racheltoh;343380 said:
mummygohan, GOT. so far i know got 2 leng lui there. u want short hair or long hair...:p
which one provide better after sales services?? Actually looking for a pre register or pre owed mini cooper.

mummygohan;343519 said:
Oic,:eek: JPB, that means, Ingress only sell BMW. How come AB & Sapura are selling Mini ??

Although BMW owns Mini, they are regarded as separate brands. That's why AB had to house their Mini section in a separate building while SA got permission to house Mini on a separate floor with different access. IA doesn't have a Mini franchise at the moment.

My opinion on IA, great service levels - everytime i call to book a service or to inquire about a part, they always pick up the phone & direct me to the right person everytime. Car service is relatively quick & efficient, CSO's are relatively knowlegeable & friendly. Compared the AB, I can't even get through to speak to the parts department after calling for an hour. To make an appointment I need to call a few times before being able to confirm it + the receptionist/operator even hung up before I even finished talking.

My only complaint about IA - i once went for a polish & wax there once and it was quite poorly done. After delivery I saw white patches on the car (wax/polish that wasn't properly removed), & there was even a tiny stain that appeared on the bonnet that I couldn't remove (I wash my car on my own every few days, & could've sworn that it wasn't there before the service!). Maybe they rushed the job, i dunno, but I just washed the car again & didn't make any fuss, the CSO who dealt with me was a great guy so I didn't want to complain. Other than that...i love the place.

chris1;343805 said:
My opinion on IA, great service levels - everytime i call to book a service or to inquire about a part, they always pick up the phone & direct me to the right person everytime. Car service is relatively quick & efficient, CSO's are relatively knowlegeable & friendly. Compared the AB, I can't even get through to speak to the parts department after calling for an hour. To make an appointment I need to call a few times before being able to confirm it + the receptionist/operator even hung up before I even finished talking.

My only complaint about IA - i once went for a polish & wax there once and it was quite poorly done. After delivery I saw white patches on the car (wax/polish that wasn't properly removed), & there was even a tiny stain that appeared on the bonnet that I couldn't remove (I wash my car on my own every few days, & could've sworn that it wasn't there before the service!). Maybe they rushed the job, i dunno, but I just washed the car again & didn't make any fuss, the CSO who dealt with me was a great guy so I didn't want to complain. Other than that...i love the place.

I didn't know IA provided wax & polish service. Anyways, it's not a dedicated service I would imagine, so won't be good unless they sub-contract to someone who knows how to do it properly. Sometimes, it's all in the technique. BTW, how much do they charge for it?

Top Bottom