Jap unreg serviced by AB?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Can see sentiment towards AB is not +ve. Thanks for all the STRONG opinions.
Guess M-speed, Autochild and Heritage will get my biz. Good, bcos it'll save my company some $ too.

I guess if a person were to sell his car with a good service record (be it by AB or whatever) it does in a way help with the credentials. :D :yahoo:

Question to all:
If you were a buyer, and if a full AB service record was shown vs. from Autochild or Heritage or whatever, would it matter or make a difference? Please bear in mind not all buyers are as savvy as you guys, and they might not know as many alternatives, i.e. workshops as you do. For those buyers who are content with driving an UDM w/o hassle, wouldn't AB be their only (albeit limited) choice? Assuming of course, they can afford the $. Just trying to put myself into their shoes, and understand what makes a potential future buyer tick.

of course la...to second hand buyers of UDM's sure worry one bout the car's background n service history...perception is those who send their cars to AB uses ONLY original parts...original mechanics..original customer service representative..original coffee or tea when u wait while servicing ur car..original invoice when they ask you to pay for the service and the best part...original money when u pay...cash or credit card :p

:yahoo:

Originally posted by lukesoon@Jun 20 2006, 01:18 PM
Question to all:
If you were a buyer, and if a full AB service record was shown vs. from Autochild or Heritage or whatever, would it matter or make a difference? Please bear in mind not all buyers are as savvy as you guys, and they might not know as many alternatives, i.e. workshops as you do. For those buyers who are content with driving an UDM w/o hassle, wouldn't AB be their only (albeit limited) choice? Assuming of course, they can afford the $. Just trying to put myself into their shoes, and understand what makes a potential future buyer tick.
Tht question is quite subject to individual...First will look into whether it is CKD or CBU, & CBU are the one preferred, 2nd the condition of the car, 3rd, the service record, ..if only satisfy on the item 3 alone whereas 1,2 are not comfortable with, then no buy...so it really depend what are you looking in the car itself.. ;) ..

Fire
My point exactly.
Your breakdown on 1, 2, and 3 drew upon your experience owning an (several?) UDM. Not all - 1st time - buyers are like you?
And imagine everything was the same between two units (e.g. both CBU for example, both similar mileage range, both similar wear/tear bla bla), then what? It's down to AB vs Autochild vs Heritage's brand equity. It's a probability game. I'd say >50% of prospective buyers will go for the unit serviced by AB. Anyway, this is getting academic, but I catch the drift. AB is not our best friend but it's the lesser of two evils when we need certain types of repair work to be carried out.

Not only that - to most buyers, proof of service is better than none. Of course, that does not mean they are willing to pay a premium - just that the car will be a bit easier to sell. My dua puluh sen's worth.

My two cents worth on AB

Just visit them AB Sg Besi yesterday....in order for any recond cars to 'qualify' to be serviced by them (my ass) is that you have to submit all the necessary docs (like submitting to buy a car) for them to vet through...all the docs must be submitted to AB Glenmarie...mind you, it may take 1-2 months....

FYI, there are only a few recond car dealers that they accept...have no idea what they are...so if you are not on their 'invisible' list of AB approved dealers list then fcuk off...so thats why 1-2 months lah....

:nyehehe:

Those bastards.
Basically it's a monopoly lah?
Suprises me that even for older cars, e.g. E46, they still would like to "hang on" to their premium overheads.
The - invisible list of dealers - you're referring to must have contacts way up there, else why would AB attend?
1-2 months to get my vehicle 'approved' is too much.

Hv send my car to AB for service. Doing inspection I. Replace engine lubricant, oil filter, microfilter, intake manifold,power steering hose, etc..
1-2 month?? :dunno: ...I guess different branch got different policy...Parts they still charge the same as if they sold you the car however labour will be slight higher (reason, because it is not bought from them but thru grey importer)..so far satisfy with the service..

Originally posted by fire@Jul 1 2006, 09:27 PM
Hv send my car to AB for service. Doing inspection I. Replace engine lubricant, oil filter, microfilter, intake manifold,power steering hose, etc..
1-2 month?? :dunno: ...I guess different branch got different policy...Parts they still charge the same as if they sold you the car however labour will be slight higher (reason, because it is not bought from them but thru grey importer)..so far satisfy with the service..
Bro fire, we feel u we feel u.. :ph34r:

Basically, they want you to PAY for your sins ( of not buying CKD crap from them)

It's a load of crap@! If I bring in a car from UK that's been serviced by BMW GB it's whole life and the minute I collect it from Port Klang, I drive straight to AB to service my car, they will say... OH! you didn't buy this car from us, so it MAY have non original parts in it, therefore we won't touch your car, unless we put it through some long winded tests and vetting period blah blah blah!!!!!

I for one wouldn't buy a car that has been serviced all it's life by AB! In fact I would minus points for that very reason and give the car a miss altogether.
Maybe some suckers out there believe that a car is better because it's been serviced by the "Authorized Dealer)

In this case, it just isn't so.

Originally posted by scin@Jul 1 2006, 10:08 PM
Basically, they want you to PAY for your sins ( of not buying CKD crap from them)

It's a load of crap@! If I bring in a car from UK that's been serviced by BMW GB it's whole life and the minute I collect it from Port Klang, I drive straight to AB to service my car, they will say... OH! you didn't buy this car from us, so it MAY have non original parts in it, therefore we won't touch your car, unless we put it through some long winded tests and vetting period blah blah blah!!!!!

I for one wouldn't buy a car that has been serviced all it's life by AB! In fact I would minus points for that very reason and give the car a miss altogether.
Maybe some suckers out there believe that a car is better because it's been serviced by the "Authorized Dealer)

In this case, it just isn't so.
I don't have problems with your opinion.. :eek:k: :D

Sigh, really the case of AB being sidelined by BMW (once they've est. local presence) and them trying to 'milk' as much as possible. Harsh realities of life.. in this country. You pay for the rest who can't. :aggressive:

Top Bottom