Jap unreg serviced by AB?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lukesoon

Club Guest
Bimmer maestrosSorry for any cross postings. I recently purchased a '00 323i Jap recon unit.Read somewhere in this forum that AB may accept Jap recons if they inspect the vehicle then replace and make genuine some parts they feel required. Is this true? Has anyone tried this?Most dealers tell me it's impossible. luke

fire
How did u "register" your car with AB?
Did they do a full inspection then force you to replace any parts?
Honestly don't really care about AB, but thought the car's resale value might be better if it's serviced by AB. Even then, I will only (touch wood) use AB for serious repairs.

just submit all relevant documents to them for them to record. have not send my car to their workshop yet..maybe next month i will send for servicing..
if thy are receving yr document, tht already mean thy willing to take re-con car ..

Why would you want to send your car to AB in the first place??

Very good question. Unless you have a spare arm and leg for them to chop...... :D

Originally posted by fire@Jun 19 2006, 11:54 AM
just submit all relevant documents to them for them to record. have not send my car to their workshop yet..maybe next month i will send for servicing..
if thy are receving yr document, tht already mean thy willing to take re-con car ..
bro FIRE

mind to tell me which AB is that?

also the contact person...

PLS PM me

i got friend's recond UDM is keen about it

TQ TQ :D

Why would i send my UDM to AB?
Some folks like to think AB does a better job, and will agree to pay a premium for it. Not much else.
In fact, some sifus told me it's detrimental to send the unit to AB. I'm sure we have alot of other jalan and contacts out there.

Opinions?

Originally posted by lukesoon@Jun 19 2006, 11:48 AM

Honestly don't really care about AB, but thought the car's resale value might be better if it's serviced by AB.
Hah??Car service by AB have better resale value meh??

Originally posted by scin@Jun 19 2006, 12:02 PM
Why would you want to send your car to AB in the first place??
few reason...the other day i want to send my car for service on one of the reputable workshop in town, I told him i want to service with the gasket engine cover replaced, he kind of blur..so I guess to most workshop outside thr, service is just change m-oil & oil filter ...one most overlook item are the gasket of the engine cover ....i m not saying outsider mechanic r not competent, it just tht fr the way thy talk, it just don't inspire confidence in you...although replacing a gasket might be a trivial issue to some workshop, thy can say all kind of reason it is not necessary to change it or does not make any different but ask why thr quite a number of bimmer engine after years of running start to have a fail compression test...very simple, the most overlook item, the gasket were never replaced as a preventive measure, I know AB charge a very steep price for tht, but in order to follow the strict regime of their service & to maintain the same drivability for years to come, there are price to pay...but for repair you can go outside workshop as repair are more hardware as it is more straight forward but servicing are more toward software...for service go AB for repair, most competent mechanic can do..

Really don't care if it's AB, BB, CC, DD, whatever. As long as service is good and $ is reasonable. But some dealers insist that vehicles serviced by AB have a physchological advantage on prospective buyers. Don't ask me why.

Originally posted by lukesoon@Jun 19 2006, 08:28 PM
But some dealers insist that vehicles serviced by AB have a physchological advantage on prospective buyers. Don't ask me why.
Like E28 said, "there's a sucker born every day!"
The day that I voluntarily send my car to AB is the day I buy a Merc.

Top Bottom