is vs m20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The E30 M3 was built to win races, it wasn't meant to be a commercial sale success.. Unlike the M3s that follow.

Anyway, back to the topic of 4 vs 6 in the E30... both has its merits. It's a matter of which suits u more. For me, the E30 is meant to be a nimble B-road car, so a 4 pot is my choice. The 6 pots robs the chuckability off the E30 at the corners.

whatever the choice, u'll have fun with it... but it wouldn't hurt to have 2.. hehe.. if you have the space for both..

oh btw, the E30 318is has given other newer, more powerful cars a run for their money in SIC.. Neck to neck with the Polo GTi 1.8 turbo. And also E36 328i manual..

sarvesh : it would be better if you could gather all the e30's for a quarter mile run .... that would be fun .. :)

upon the run , you can finally decide what's the best engine eventually ...

ICEMAN 13;532887 said:
sarvesh : it would be better if you could gather all the e30's for a quarter mile run .... that would be fun .. :)

Now bhai, who woulod run their e30 for a quarter mile and what would be the motivation behind it?

miepower;532896 said:
Now bhai, who woulod run their e30 for a quarter mile and what would be the motivation behind it?

that's the note from the owner of BG ...better diam diam before all the quarter mile devils come out ...

motivation behind it ...ummm just simply pedal to metal run only larrr ...suka sama suka lorrrr

ICEMAN 13;532889 said:
wahh miepower ...also diam diam but car very the power one ...

Where got power? kena diam diam la bro as the e30 idle for close to 3 mths now. Its a pc of shit and will not run for the money hehehehh

miepower;532904 said:
Where got power? kena diam diam la bro as the e30 idle for close to 3 mths now. Its a pc of shit and will not run for the money hehehehh

mie :) you made me smile for a second only and got my heart stop beating for 10 sec ...

ya e30 a piece of shit ..then pass it over to me can ahh ?? FREE ok ka ?? :)

ICEMAN 13;532905 said:
mie :) you made me smile for a second only and got my heart stop beating for 10 sec ...

ya e30 a piece of shit ..then pass it over to me can ahh ?? FREE ok ka ?? :)

Bro Ice, my pc of shit a keep :wink:

Anyway, we've swayed off topic and for more readings on M42 :- http://www.m42club.com/ and I've read the blueprint of a mode on the net on a guy who managed to gain impresive horses on the m42 and i'm really impressed. Its close to 300 horses and the best part, all parts required for the modes are locally and easily available.

So in the nutty shell, when my e30 grew up, she'll sure be an m30.

miepower;532927 said:
but on genting or gymkhana it will sway potentially to M42.
proven:smokin:

depends on the driver my friend..........

now where are all the 6 potter gunners...... :call:

just gonna post 1 question......can 4 pot engine fit 6 speed box.....:rock:
with the 6 speed box, i can leverage on the rear differential ratios, and still have overdrive on the 6th gear :thefinger:

miepower;532927 said:
but on genting or gymkhana it will sway potentially to M42.
proven:smokin:

how often do you goto genting or join the gymkhana events?

btw you know that Fabian has a special 'thing' he hooks up to his car when he drives? just like the movie Avatar.....when he does this, driver and car become ONE.....:rock:

fabianyee;532872 said:
The E30 M3 was built to win races, it wasn't meant to be a commercial sale success.. Unlike the M3s that follow.

Anyway, back to the topic of 4 vs 6 in the E30... both has its merits. It's a matter of which suits u more. For me, the E30 is meant to be a nimble B-road car, so a 4 pot is my choice. The 6 pots robs the chuckability off the E30 at the corners.

whatever the choice, u'll have fun with it... but it wouldn't hurt to have 2.. hehe.. if you have the space for both..

Listen to the Masta......:rock:

ICEMAN 13;532887 said:

yes, get the legendary Calvin Tan's Black ACS E30 to run with maybe another E46 330i
or E28 driver's E30M50 to run with maybe a E36 M3 3.0

bhai, quarter mile doesn't really bringout the car's full potential, but if you insist, i'll bring my other quartermile car to drag......look here :rock:

DSCN2066.jpg

To get our discussion back on track:

a) 6 potter less agile than 4 potter
b) 6 potter more HP and Torque than 4 potter
c) m42 tech is modern compared to m20
d) m42 gives better fuel consumption than M20
e) ............(Help me out here)

In the end both have their merits. The starter of this thread has to first decide: "what kind of driver am I?" before asking IS vs M20

Cheers

teejay;532996 said:
depends on the driver my friend..........

now where are all the 6 potter gunners...... :call:

just gonna post 1 question......can 4 pot engine fit 6 speed box.....:rock:
with the 6 speed box, i can leverage on the rear differential ratios, and still have overdrive on the 6th gear :thefinger:

My 4 pot is running M50 5 speed Getrag 250 gearbox.. the 6 speed gearbox, technically, can go in too.. problem is sourcing the long shaft...

Top Bottom