is vs m20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kevster30;532640 said:
S14 sucks! I only want one if it's inside a e30 M3.

The s14 is an overated engine that costs more than it's worth.

I have driven several examples and truthfully it's an old school screamer that is more show than go.

Get one for the pedigree not for practicality.

Kev bro,
if it sucks, why did BMW use it in an M3 e30...hehehe...just askin ahh.. no flamin!!...:rock:

goggomobil;532694 said:
Ya, all UDMs should have come with M30B35 rite?:wink:

Aargh your spelling is contagious.

totally agree with you ... should had opt this route instead ....

genozide;532756 said:
Looks like all the E30 devils are out and have spoken...All Iz Well :)

we are waiting for 1 more srivaheguru who has yet to show his paws here........

ICEMAN 13;532796 said:
totally agree with you ... should had opt this route instead ....

someoe itching for more power izzit? .....:thefinger:

should take you on taxi ride in my stock standard m50 engine larr.....but other dynamics different from the e36, then feel the difference after......

johnj;532794 said:
Kev bro,
if it sucks, why did BMW use it in an M3 e30...hehehe...just askin ahh.. no flamin!!...:rock:

if I read him correctly, I believe the S14 only make sense with left hand drive only which means the original E30 M3. Not transplanted. I don't think many people here has tasted the real E30 M3 before. (not me at the very least).

But from what I have read in the BMW magazines, all kwai lo's all swear by it. It may not be the fastest car on the block or on straight but it's one fun car to drive on the bends and track. But didnt say they enjoy owning them though. hahah

hahaha..looks like the thread starter is confused now...from 1s vs m20 to m30B35 to s14 m3 to 2jz to gang rape to recovery to gang rape again..hehehehe

elwine30;532839 said:
if I read him correctly, I believe the S14 only make sense with left hand drive only which means the original E30 M3. Not transplanted. I don't think many people here has tasted the real E30 M3 before. (not me at the very least).

But from what I have read in the BMW magazines, all kwai lo's all swear by it. It may not be the fastest car on the block or on straight but it's one fun car to drive on the bends and track. But didnt say they enjoy owning them though. hahah

ohh..you mean apart from the engine, the e30 M3 handling is way above the rest..Ic ic...:)

To think of it, the M42 on the E30 is a balance car where the engine is light (4 pot) and it's just needs a lil more power to enjoy the ummphh of the car. The M20 is a bit heavy (6 pot) but gives the power it requires but handling it's quite a handful for the 6 pot in the E30.

With this, hence the S14 where it has the 4 pot weight and balance but produce power of the 6 cyclinder. Hence, the E30 M3 (power + handling).

So, to answer to the thread owner, if you want to enjoy driving and really understand the dynamics of the E30, go for the M42. But if you want to enjoy the sheer power and torque, then M20. Young man like you should enjoy the M42 while old cock like me should take it easy with M20. But no one will complain if your house garage has BOTH. ;).

johnj;532841 said:
ohh..you mean apart from the engine, the e30 M3 handling is way above the rest..Ic ic...:)

yeah man, then how did BMW win races in BTCC and venture into Rally's with the E30 M3's man. hahaha.

elwine30;532843 said:
To think of it, the M42 on the E30 is a balance car where the engine is light (4 pot) and it's just needs a lil more power to enjoy the ummphh of the car. The M20 is a bit heavy (6 pot) but gives the power it requires but handling it's quite a handful for the 6 pot in the E30.

With this, hence the S14 where it has the 4 pot weight and balance but produce power of the 6 cyclinder. Hence, the E30 M3 (power + handling).

So, to answer to the thread owner, if you want to enjoy driving and really understand the dynamics of the E30, go for the M42. But if you want to enjoy the sheer power and torque, then M20. Young man like you should enjoy the M42 while old cock like me should take it easy with M20. But no one will complain if your house garage has BOTH. ;).

Very wise Elwine..thx!

Btw , to keep up the power of the S14, powerband is between 5k to 7k.......would you like to drive your car daily at that kind of revs.....?

Have i sat in an S14? yes i have, but a transplanted one, and many who have were not impressed by it. Then again it can't be counted as a true E30M3.....

I'd say the E30M3 has truely got to be enjoyed on the track, high revs, challenging curves,etc,etc this is where the car shines out

Top Bottom