Increase image width limit in posts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

aidilj

Official Member
Hello,It has been awhile since I notice the quite small image width limit in posting. The limit is currently 800 pixels.I would recommend to increase this to 1000 pixels to do more justice to the pictures. Increasing the auto size limit wont increase any bandwidth usage to the forum or picture hosting since the full size picture will be downloaded anyway..This would greatly improve the experience of the forum users.CheersAidil

astroboy;756892 said:
Pakai Photobucket je..

Bro AB, it's not that. I'm already using Photobucket, it's the board setting that resizes all picture to be maximum of 800 pixels wide inside posts.

Just like the picture below, at its source is 1280x822 : http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BMW-i8-Spyder-0.jpg

but when embedded, it would be scaled down to max width of 800 pixels

BMW-i8-Spyder-0.jpg

aidilj;756902 said:
Bro AB, it's not that. I'm already using Photobucket, it's the board setting that resizes all picture to be maximum of 800 pixels wide inside posts.

Just like the picture below, at its source is 1280x822 : http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BMW-i8-Spyder-0.jpg

but when embedded, it would be scaled down to max width of 800 pixels

BMW-i8-Spyder-0.jpg

I see. It wasn't like that last time. So if someone linked a huge photo, only portion of it will show with a slider to move around to see the rest of the photo and it's cumbersome because no matter how you scroll, u only see part of the entire photo. Imaging someone took 3 megapixel photos for a drive event and posting 30 photos at one go, it not only kill our limited 3G mobile bandwidth, it also take forever for those who's on dial-up to load. We as one of the moderator, always receive such complaints and had to PM the owner to reduce the size of their photos. Those were the days.

IMHO, 800pixel is about right for the general display resolution and broadband bandwidth. About same as Facebook. I stand corrected.

astroboy;756912 said:
I see. It wasn't like that last time. So if someone linked a huge photo, only portion of it will show with a slider to move around to see the rest of the photo and it's cumbersome because no matter how you scroll, u only see part of the entire photo. Imaging someone took 3 megapixel photos for a drive event and posting 30 photos at one go, it not only kill our limited 3G mobile bandwidth, it also take forever for those who's on dial-up to load. We as one of the moderator, always receive such complaints and had to PM the owner to reduce the size of their photos. Those were the days.

IMHO, 800pixel is about right for the general display resolution and broadband bandwidth. About same as Facebook. I stand corrected.

Bro AB, I agree a super huge (dimension wise) picture will require scrolling if no width or height restriction is imposed. I'm just suggesting image display max dimension increase not elimination.

About the bandwidth, no matter how big the picture being displayed, the whole jpg file is already downloaded onto our machine.

aidilj;756920 said:
.. About the bandwidth, no matter how big the picture being displayed, the whole jpg file is already downloaded onto our machine.

hehe.. I'm referring to the readers who load the thread, not the poster.. :4:

astroboy;756923 said:
hehe.. I'm referring to the readers who load the thread, not the poster.. :4:

Yes the reader of the thread already downloaded the full size image, the board only set how big the image displayed would be. A quick check on cached image could prove this.

Just a suggestion anyway.. Cheers

aidilj;756929 said:
Yes the reader of the thread already downloaded the full size image, the board only set how big the image displayed..

Hehe... I think you are right.. request valid! :4:

On 2nd thoughts, at 800 pixel, I don't have to max out my browser frame to see the full picture. I can still reserve 30% of my wide screen space for other windows frame. There's always a compromise.

Let's hear from Jarance and see what he thinks about this.

astroboy;756933 said:
Hehe... I think you are right.. request valid! :4:

On 2nd thoughts, at 800 pixel, I don't have to max out my browser frame to see the full picture. I can still reserve 30% of my wide screen space for other windows frame. There's always a compromise.

Let's hear from Jarance and see what he thinks about this.

Indeed Bro AB, I was just thinking that most of us would like to see bigger pictures, just like going to cinema to watch movies... :popcorn:

just tried with html, image is still resized

Give it a try as I have set it to 1,000 pixel now. Previously was 600.

Herbert;771905 said:
Give it a try as I have set it to 1,000 pixel now. Previously was 600.

Bro Herbert, it seems to still be 800 pixels, maybe wrong parameter?

BMW-i8-Spyder-0.jpg

The updated forum sizes pictures to follow browser size, this is very welcomed. This thread can be closed. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom