Help on getting an E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Go for it! Hers is a good one...CONFIRMED!

But 'negotiate' with her...needs new tyres...ngek, ngek, ngek! :D

sillycrax..i offer u "rent to own" ok?
btw, IA having promo this weekend at Highstreet 1 Utama. I'm sure they will be throwing some deals. If u need a SA, look for Norman Cheh or Damien Cheh.

I called Damien up, I have been in contact with him. According to him, all the premium used selections that he has are LCI versions ( I just don't like the tail lights, and the price is >200k). He also mention that what they are doing in 1U is just a roadshow and not a sales event. So there isn't really great deals, especially on the used selection.But he will be on a look out for me.

Alright here is the plan.

The AB sales agent will bring to car to my place at 8am. I'll inspect the car myself looking at the interior, exterior, looking at the engine for sludge and leaks. Then take the car for spin and drive to Ingress Auto. (Seeing that the car is from sold by an AB person, I decided to take the car to IA for checking). I've already made my appointment in IA for a full inspection (gonna cost RM200+, I suppose money well spend.) Then my friend (who is quite knowledgeable with BMW) will meet me in IA at 12pm. Apparently IA person told me the inspection will take 2-3 hours. Then we will have a chat with the service person and see what needs to get done. If all goes well, I'll take the dive, if there is a reason to pass, I'll be back to square one.

From what I've gathered, these are the stuff which I need to make sure the Service Person will check out:
- Engine mounts
- Suspension bushes
- Wheel bearings
- Belts
- Leaks (engine block, hose, radiator)
- Hose
- Pumps (water, fuel, oil, steering)
- Critical sensors like O2, flywheel, gearbox
- Cat converters and other exhaust parts
- Disc Brakes
- under-carriage of the car to see if there are any signs of rust, accidents

WIsh me luck!

Great plan buddy! :top: IA service guys are good...try to get Liew as your SC. That list is pretty much the expected stuff at 80k. Ask if they can detect oil sludging too, as that is an issue with BMWs. Ask them to tell you the things which need fixing/changing now, and within the next 20k (~1 year) Then get the estimated price for those jobs. That will give you a good idea of your risk.

Don't forget to enjoy the free coffee and cake while you're waiting. Hope it ends in a go for you! :wink:

Eh, cake is free ah? How come they never offer to me when I send for servicing?

Because you wait for people to offer? :p For sure it's all free - just ask the SYTs at reception. The SAs even offered to take me for breakfast. IA is such a pleasant place to wait for your car to be done. :top:

Agree. The whole experience in IA is so much nicer compared to AB. There was once after I collected my keys from the SA, walked over to my car and there was a free complimentary BMW Sauber F1 cap sitting on my windscreen. Talk about personalized service! Felt really appreciated and sealed the nail in the coffin of me ever going back to AB to service my car :).

E46Fanatic;434339 said:
Agree. The whole experience in IA is so much nicer compared to AB. There was once after I collected my keys from the SA, walked over to my car and there was a free complimentary BMW Sauber F1 cap sitting on my windscreen.....

Its amazing sometime to see such little things really make a difference in a customer's "shopping" experience! The last time I had such experience was when I signed a rental agreement to a commercial lot and landlord gifted me a Swarovski crystal ornament as big as a cup cake.. :eek:

I must admit IA customer service is top notch! and makes u felt ashamed to ask for additional discount.. :top:

I like the IA service reminder call because I'm very forgetful, keep forgetting my appointments and it helps to have a nice sweet voice over the other end of the phone line to gently reminding me of the next day's appointment.. felt like attending first date all over again.. :D :stupid: :D

free cap? this is new to me.................
when can i have free tyres??
anyway i can also confirm...all my experiences with IA is good.. so far so good

Yeah...free Sauber F1 cap?? Now I'm jealous... :22:

IA service attitudes and ambience make it a real pleasure to be a Bimmer owner. A credit to GM Jimmy Gan's leadership. :top:

It's a sign I spend too much $$$ playing and maintaining my car LOL.

I think Jimmy is the sales manager/director there. Rabian runs the show in IA.

His card says GM wor. Anyway I think he's a good hands-on leader. Whenever I'm there I never fail to see him walk the floor.

Schwepps;434329 said:
Because you wait for people to offer? :p For sure it's all free - just ask the SYTs at reception. The SAs even offered to take me for breakfast. IA is such a pleasant place to wait for your car to be done. :top:

OK, next time I ask for more 2 pieces of cake, 2 coffees from the SYTs..... :love:

Jimmy is the boss i think? he's a bit japanese looking right?
cos for my car..the final price negotiation was with him...

msport..the coffee n cake is UNLIMITED la..eat all u want..

Hmm.. having a very slow tuesday morning at the office. So let me share my experience. The SA drove the car up to my house at 8am. I took a look at the car, the engine was dusty but has NO sign of leaks or sludge. So that was a good signed, since I know for a fact that the didn't clean the engine or removed stains, since it was very dusty. The body work was quite decent, except for some stone chips which I suppose is common. The RIMs were a little scratch up, but I'm not too worried about that, since I could get that refurb. The tires were still Run-Flats, but it was not very old, probably 15k -20k clocked on it, so seems like the owner changed to RFTs P-zero after the intial tyres were due.

Took the car to IA. Liew served and service my car. Liew was really nice. Wanted for 3 hours for the car to go through the checking. The bills of health came back clean with minor fix. Liew said.
1. Engine was ran pretty hard, because there was 0 sludge in the engine block.
2. There is no leaks at all. But the Auto-transmission hose is beginning to decompose and will need to be change.
3. The car battery should be change because of it's age (approaching 4 years) and not because of the Amp output.
4. The suspension came back with 1% variation on the left front. According to Liew, the passing criterion for the suspension test is < 30%, so the suspensions are actually in very good condition.
5. All sensors and electronics are working fine.
6. Liew mention that the under-carriage of the car had NO signed of accidents. But was very dirty with mud and sand. He said that the car must have been used on building site / off tarmac. But other then that, the under-carriage looks good. No rust no accident.
7. Overall, Liew said the car is in pretty good condition and is a good buying.

So, with recomendation to buy from Liew and Damien ( Meet Damien in IA too!). I took the dive!

Now I have to get some minor stuff done. I plan to get the ATF changed, together with the ATF hose. I'll leave the battery alone for now. I am considering to change the axel oil as well, what do you think? And of course bring the car in for engine oil change as well.

I was told by Liew that, the 325 uses 5W30 engine oil, which seems REALLY thin. He said IA uses either Shell or Petronas. Any recommendation?

Top Bottom